Bots camped in Sathir's Tomb on Povar

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Lilura, Aug 5, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nadisia Augur

[IMG]

:p
  2. Bigstomp Augur

Back to the op's point. It would be really cool if GM's would ban (and not just a few days, a real ban) people who were playing via automation.
    Lannin likes this.
  3. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I have never used Overseer.
    BadPallyGuildLeader likes this.
  4. Pawtato Augur

They could just ban everyone in ST across all the servers. It would be like a 99.9% success rate.
    Tatanka likes this.
  5. Tatanka Joe Schmo

OMG, we KNOW.
    Whulfgar likes this.
  6. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Calm down little one I was responding to someone who said I did :)
    Tatanka likes this.
  7. Spankage Elder

Why would anyone brag about not using a feature bundled with the game, that requires zero monetary input and roughly 2 minutes of time, for xp, collections, merc xp or even currency for ornaments. Admittedly I've never used it for anything other than ornaments but I still wouldn't decry its benefits.

It's downright silly but hey, you can go ahead and continue not using it... you aren't hurting anyone other than yourself /shrug.

Automated bot groups are trash but they aren't going anywhere, look at Diablo 2s slow descent into full automation. Unfortunate reality, especially with their recent policies and attitudes toward the situation.
    Lannin and Coagagin like this.
  8. Tappin Augur

A lot of players are older and not interested a p2w gimmicks that aren’t even part of the game. If you like it, fine, but others just don’t care.
  9. Spankage Elder

If you think there's anything "p2w" about it since the caps were added, I don't know what to say. The feature is simply a matter of "work smarter, not harder". You can choose to ignore the window and all its rewards but that, by no means, makes you a more "hard-core" player and that attitude is where I take issue. Don't use it, sure, but why tout laziness or stubbornness as a badge of honor

It's simply a resource and to address the other argument I've seen often, TOV would be just as devoid of content whether it was added or not and the evidence of that is overwhelming.

To the overall topic, bots are here to stay. Take a gander at the tlp forums for all the proof of that you'd ever need. It sucks and maybe it's bad for the game, maybe it's keeping the game afloat... who knows.
    Coagagin likes this.
  10. Nadisia Augur

Exactly.
    And not only «older», I have a piano student who is 22 yo (he was playing WoW and now he plays EQ), and he doesn't like Overseer, and doesn't use it at all.
    It was the same in WoW, and it's one of the many reasons he left.
    Daily repetitive stuff during WoD (garrison & naval missions), daily repetitive stuff during Legion (more or less the same system, daily followers missions), etc etc.
    And sadly for WoW players, this stuff was mandatory.

At least on EQ, Overseer is completely optional (and imho, it should stay 100% optional)
    So if we don't use this feature, it's silly?
    You know, some people play games to have a break and get some fun.

If it's not fun (for us), why would we use it?

There are already enough pretty boring things to do in game (for instance, I'm doing the explorer achievement on my bard to unlock the TBL Torn Efreeti Boots, and running trivial LDoN missions just to unlock zones and achievements is not really fun :p) , no need to add a mindless clickfest if, once again, it's not fun for me.
    As Tappin said, if you like it, good for you.
    But Overseer is not some magic and universal painkiller, good for everything and everyone, for XP, merc XP, and so on.

And to be completely honest, with the pretty limited dev team (in size), and their limited time, I'd have prefered to see the ressources allocated elsewhere.
    Because, even if it's light, unfinished (and from what I've seen on the forum, a little bit clunky and partially broken), it takes some dev time to code it.

I'd have prefered another ToV zone, a harder one, maybe locked behind a key (à la RoS Veeshan's Peak), instead of Overseer. ;)
    Or a real game like ... a revived Legends of Norrath ? :)
  11. Spankage Elder

I think a myth is being perpetuated that overseer takes anything more than about 12 total clicks, a couple minutes of time if that. I promise there's no thought or strategy or anything deeper than simply filling in the blanks. That, in itself, is poor design and I can certainly agree with it but the time vs reward is unmatched by anything else and that's why I'll say again that it's silly to not use it (if you're lacking certain categories).

I enjoy ornaments, I collect them, so I spend my 2-3 minutes a day setting that up to farm currency. I don't need collectibles, I don't need xp, I don't need merc xp but even I can see the value there.

I will agree, too, that it should stay optional. The choice to use it should always be the players, however "silly" I might feel that it is to ignore such a resource - as insignificant as it may seem.

I would throw OS into the garbage, in a heartbeat, for LON to come back.
  12. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Look, I've gotten a lot of benefit from Overseer, and have spoken up for it. But, please, spare the BS. "12 total clicks". Must be good weed where you live ;)
    Lannin likes this.
  13. Spankage Elder

Sorry, my bad, I may have under counted by a small amount. Assuming most quests are your standard one or two profession... that's 3-5 clicks per quest. You absolutely do not need to min/max the win percentage, I suspect that is severely bugged in a positive way. Pick any agent that fulfills the requirements, move on to the next one.

Now, if you want to factor claiming the rewards as clicks. Maybe double the original number of 12. So, you can claim its bs and that I'm smoking but I can assure you it's not too much higher than that.

The point being its far from "an endless click fest" and that it does not take any more time than it does simply logging in to the game. If it does, you're using it wrong
  14. Tappin Augur

Some people just don't want to support a P2W microtransaction scheme. What does it matter anyway if people don't want to use Overseer?
  15. Spankage Elder

I was more questioning, originally, why one would brag about not using it. That's what seemed silly. I'd also refute that, post change, there is no reason to spend any amount of money on overseer. You gain nothing, no advantage that even a f2p wouldn't have.

I only want to refute common misconceptions, those being that overseer is somehow a timesink and "p2w". Those common arguments are just simply false, sorry.

Use it or not, that's up to you but why spread misinformation about a feature that you admittedly don't even use.
  16. Tatanka Joe Schmo

And more BS from the other side. IT. IS. NOT. P2W!

period.

Don't have to spend a single cent on it.

Not to mention, P2W specifically means, you have to pay to get the means of "winning" (however that's defined).

There's nothing available in Overseer which isn't available by some other (also totally free) means.

Man, I'm gonna hafta start wearing hip waders when I read the forums here. The doo-doo is gettin deep!
  17. Nniki Augur

At first, you could certainly blast through the quest list by paying for the finish now and recover agent features to earn xp, collectibles, currency, etc. at a faster pace, but the max completed quests limitation sort of put a damper on any pay-to-win type of benefits. Plus, they made the collectibles rewarded attuned to the character, so they can't be sold.

Aside from perhaps completing a 24 or 36-hour quest early if you're impatient, there's no significant gain in spending money on it now. Just save up two months of your all-access DB to buy Fippy if you want him; that's all I've done. I have all the agents at this point without having paid for any additional packs, so there's no reason to even pay for the recover feature as there's always another agent that's good enough to substitute.
  18. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Who is bragging about not using Overseer? I think I and others have stated we don't use it but I don't recall anyone bragging that they don't use it.
  19. Tappin Augur

Everyone is free to have their own preferences. So please stop spoon feeding me garbage, because at the end of the day, I still don’t care.
    Whulfgar likes this.
  20. Whulfgar Augur

Never understood why people cry about lack pf exp..

Then cry even more so when given a 3rd option on how to xp .. that you can literally use to combine with other multiple ways to gain xp..

At what point can tou guys start self blaming ? Just curious??
    Coagagin likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.