giants not spawning in permafrost

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Sinz, Mar 26, 2013.

1. Sinz New Member

giants not respawning in permafrost sat for 3 hrs waiting for them to respawn
  2. TSR-SeanF Augur

If you have noticed that these mobs are still not spawning please open a /petition and one of our GMs will be happy to come investigate the matter. You are also welcome to submit a support ticket if you are unable to petition.
  3. Endiment Scale Tailed

The ice giants near Lady Vox and the fire giants near Lord Nagafen are on 8 hour respawn timers iirc.
  4. TSR-AlexS Augur

If you guys encounter any future spawn time issues, please be sure to report it to the gms :)
  5. KC13 Augur

I have this problem as I type this. I cleared out the ice giants when I arrived, but now there is only one respawning. The one just beyond the doors beside the king room. None of the others or the wooly spiders are respawning. I was in Permafrost a few months ago getting my War his Block of Permafrost and they were spawning normally then.
  6. TSR-AlexS Augur

I have made sure I included this in my report. Thank you for your feedback!
  7. Rekizhavek New Member

Over one year later, and still having the same problem. Ice giants still not respawning. Killed them all yesterday and came back the next day to see if I could get the diamond dust drop to make my gemcutter, and they're still not respawned. Just the first giant had respawned.
  8. Darkark Augur

Umm, n + 1 years later? :)

So, not sure if this is intended or not, but posting here in case it's not.
  9. Requiesce Journeyman

Bump.

They spawn, but they seem to share respawn timers with other (random) mobs. I killed some goblins on the other half of the zone, and all of a sudden ice giants started spawning randomly in their proper place.
  10. Exxodia Journeyman

*bump*
    still happening
  11. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Given how much has changed since this problem was originally posted about and one of those changes is how bugs are reported & actioned from the new forum created for them I would suggest you create a post in the bug forum for this now.

Devs check that & it has a ranking system where players can like the original bug report post to raise it up the priority of the list of bugs the team need to investigate.

When you do that by all means post a link in the bug report back to this thread.
  12. KermittheFroglok Augur

I'm not sure if this is a glitch? I think Rekizhavek might be right that its essentially Quillmane style spawn table/timer where something else in the zone might pop elsewhere instead of the giant. I think giants are usually the first item in the spawn rotation on server reset, but something else might spawn elsewhere that you'll need to kill before the next giant pops. It just became more obvious later in the game as fewer and fewer people camped Permafrost so the other placeholders weren't getting killed as often.

I've experienced something similar where the giants don't respawn usually but if I'm clearing the entire zone for farm gear/plat. they seem to respawn sooner.

Personally, if that's the way it works I think that's by design and should stay that way because it prevents people from AFK plat farming the giants... But to digress try clearing the zone & see if that helps, if you do would you mind returning with your findings? (Again, I'm speculating from memory that Rekizhavek is correct.
  13. KermittheFroglok Augur