LaunchPad unable to connect

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by tyler.durden, Aug 8, 2020.

1. tyler.durden New Member

I get this error when I run EQ from my desktop. It was working fine all day, then I logged out and tried logging back in 30 minutes later and got this error.
    LaunchPad was unable to connect. Please check the network connection or try again later. If the problem persists, please visit https://help.daybreakgames.comfor assistance.
    (4-503)
    kramer2202 likes this.
  2. Nennius Curmudgeon

I just got that too. I closed the launcher and retried it and no problem getting in.

Edit: Worked fine first time on my second account.
  3. Drewdwn New Member

Failed 7 straight times for me before it connected.
  4. Saidyan New Member

I'm getting same error. I've tried to load the launcher 5 times so far, and get the "launchPad was unable to Connect." message
  5. Auesheet Lorekeeper

6. Conq Augur

Still an issue
  7. vickster339 New Member

Launch pad only working like 1 in 20 tries for me... I have 4 toons...
  8. Darkhain Elder

9. Legion99 New Member

Same, just took me 12 tries on my main and 7 tries on my alt account to actually connect via launchpad.
  10. Wednesday13 New Member

Same error. taking this as a sign i should clearly go back to bed
  11. kramer2202 Elder

same thing here, I have tried over 20 times, launchpad will not connect
  12. svann Augur

Ive noticed launchpad taking longer to connect than it should for some time now. Last night it started timing out saying "launchpad failed to connect etc". Keep trying and it eventually works though. Im guessing login servers showing their age.
  13. Coursaire New Member

The same is happening to me have to do multiple tries just to get into the launchpad app.
    and even when I do get connected it will crash while trying to enter username and password quite often.
  14. cadres Augur

Coming up to raid time and we have a lot of folk with the same problem, doesn't seem any pattern re country/time zone etc
  15. Evil.Iguana Elder

I have discovered the problem with Launchpad:[IMG]
    Nennius likes this.
  16. Zerkeed New Member

any info on how to fix this? havent been able to log in for a couple days now
  17. Juxtaposedirony New Member

Same, Fresh Install on a new laptop, I am not going to troubleshoot much, I don't have any files to delete, I was only able to install the Direct X components and after that I get the"
    LaunchPad was unable to connect. Please check the network connection or try again later. If the problem persists, please visit
    https://help.daybreakgames.com
    for assistance.
    (1-0) "message
  18. Metanis Bad Company

Problem persists after a reboot?
  19. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Try the suggestions below:

Power-cycle your router & modem (switch off for 60 seconds & back on)

Clear out your browser cache

Add www.everquest.com to your antivirus & firewall exceptions

In order to run the game you need to have an account set up & to have verified your email address. If you go into your account & there is green "verified" by the email address you are good to go, if it is red & you have verified once or more you may need to create a new email address & verify that, a new @gmail.com address is my recommendation as those seem to have the highest rate of success.

Reset your Internet Options:
    Even if you use Firefox, Google Chrome or another web browser to surf the internet, the LaunchPad runs off of Internet Explorer settings. Follow these steps to reset your Internet Options which may improve LaunchPad performance.

Go to Start, then your Control Panel.
    Click on Internet Options.
    Click on the Advanced Tab.
    Click on Reset.
    Check the box Delete Personal Settings, and then OK.
    Go back to Internet Options to the Advanced Tab, scroll down to Security and un-check "Check Server Certification Revocation" and "Do Not Save Encrypted Pages to Disk".
    Click OK.

Clear the LaunchPad Cache:
    Navigate to the directory of the game you are trying to play and open the launchpad.libs folder. Delete thelaunchpad.cache folder and relaunch the LaunchPad again.

And courtesy of Forum User Sarkaukar:

Flush DNS (reset internet connection)

Navigate to the desktop. (From Home, tap or click the Desktop tile).
    Right-click the Start button (the Windows logo in the lower-left).
    Choose Command Prompt (Admin).
    When asked whether to allow Command Prompt to make changes to your computer, select Yes.

Note: If you are asked for an administrative login, you will need to contact your system administrator.
    Type "ipconfig /flushdns" and press Enter.
    Type "ipconfig /registerdns" and press Enter.
    Type "ipconfig /release" and press Enter.
    Type "ipconfig /renew" and press Enter.
    Type "netsh winsock reset" and press Enter.
    Restart the computer.

Getting into the game:

Run a file check from the EQ Launcher
    (HOW? - https://help.daybreakgames.com/hc/e...73-How-do-I-validate-game-files-in-EverQuest-)

Add launchpad.exe & eqgame.exe to the exceptions or white-list for your anti-virus & firewall - especially if you are using Windows Defender as this is known to often block connections to EQ.

Additionally you could also consider adding the entire EverQuest Directory to your AV exceptions - this will reduce lag often caused by the AV scanning all of your log files, note keeping log files below 250mb helps a lot, if you use GINA (https://eq.gimasoft.com/gina/Default.aspx) this can be set up to archive log files on a schedule or by log size to avoid them growing too big,

Right Mouse button Click the EQ Icon, select Properties then compatibility then put a check in the box for "disable full screen optimizations" hit apply then run as administrator the first time you log in

Download & install a fresh copy of Direct X 9c
    (LINK 1 - https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109)

Download & install the latest C++ runtimes
    (LINK - https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads)

Check what Graphics hardware you are using & uninstall the old drivers & re-install the latest WHQL drivers for it or a new copy of the current drivers if you already have the latest ones.
  20. Wisp Lorekeeper

Well this was a first for me. Bought a new laptop Saturday and couldn't get the patcher to connect. Filled out a ticket on this (first time trying to get help from daybreak in five years or so). Fixed the issue, though I have no clue what the problem was. I tried everything above including mirroring a working installation/OS from another PC, I can't fathom what collection of gremlins and wights was keeping it from working, but it works now, note they responded on Sunday evening, that's pretty clutch:
    Greetings,Thank you once again for bringing this issue to our attention. Our platform team was able to identify what they believe to be the cause of the launcher issue you have been experiencing, and have since taken steps to remedy it. You should now be able to attempt a successful installation by re-downloading the launcher file and attempting to run installation once again. If you continue to experience issues, please be sure to let us know.Regards,
    Marcus N.
    Daybreak Game Company
    Skuz likes this.