Info Needed Shar Vahl Citizenship Quest Bug

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Cazmac, Apr 2, 2020.

1. Cazmac Augur

Having spent some time on Vox with this quest, I find from Game Master Sirl that the Rogue quest is bugged. I sent in a /petition, rather assuming I had done something wrong to find myself with several vital items missing, only to learn the bad news. In the current circumstances, I am not expecting fast action from Daybreak, but it would be good to know that it will be fixed not too far in the future. I have 5 alts doing Citizenship at various stages but don't even know if this is possible.
  2. Cazmac Augur

How do I find out if anything has been done about this bug, please? There is absolutely no point in my even returning to Vox, if this bug is not dealt with, as my five alts are all doing the Citizenship tasks and are interdependent.
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

So GM Sirl responded to your petition saying it was bugged?

Hmm I know there is or was a work around for the bug in citizenship quest but not sure which part you are talking about? This is from an old post about the base citizenship quest and non Vah Shir and might still work if its where your bugged out:

Quote "FYI. This CAN be done by NON Vah Shir. If you're a weirdo like me who likes raising factions or roleplaying. I just did it on my Dark Elf mage :3 I used a Vah Shir illusion potion. I don't know if that was necessary but I did anyway.

Just have the fresh toon hand in the note to guild leader, then the next note to Registrar, then the tax slip to Tax Collector, then the new tax slip to Registrar. Then have your non-gold kitty (or non-kitty) say "what about an acrylia slate" to Mignah, then go back and hand it to Registrar and continue the quest from there.z"

If that is not where you are stuck then please let us know and maybe we have other workarounds the GM is not aware of.
    Cazmac likes this.
  4. svann Augur

When posting bugs in the bug forum it is always advisable to say what the bug is. If this is just a complaint the complaint desk is down the hall.
    Ngreth Thergn likes this.
  5. Hegsheoshed Augur

A little faction work helps. Do some of the quests out in Hollowshade Moor. On my Halas Origin Barbarian Berserker and my Crescent Reach Origin Orphaned Vah Shir Beastlord I did the Blessed Champion's Cape from the Champion of the Vah Shir quest.

I also turned in just about any other quest drop that some of the other npc's asked for out there. You will also need an All Access account to make a level 1 vah shir mule with Shar Vahl as their home city for the work around, but the faction work was also necessary from my experience. I did pretty much end up with Ally faction with the Guardians of Shar Vahl on both and then was able to get the quest response from the Registrar.
    Skuz likes this.
  6. Hegsheoshed Augur

I should add that both were able to get the Initiate's Cloak of Shar Vahl which is needed to do any quests in Shar Vahl that require citizenship.
    Skuz likes this.
  7. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Good stuff here.

I did the Citizen & all the trade-skill quests on my Berserker & pretty much followed the same strategy you used above for faction, though I got the initiate's I didn't bother doing the champion's cape, maxing Shar Vahl Guardian faction wasn't too bad.
    Yinla likes this.
  8. Ngreth Thergn Developer

I would guess that the basics of this is, that Vah-Shir rogues have a difficult time completing this quest, and have to do odd thing, not directed by normal quest text, to complete it.

So...

Who gives the quest?
    Where does the quest fail?
    What steps did you take before it stopped working as expected?
    A good assumption is that you need to be a Vah-Shir rogue. Is that correct?
    Duder likes this.
  9. Cazmac Augur

As I have said elsewhere, I did not realise the quest was bugged until after I had done the quest for Rytan to make the throwing darts, right to the very end. I then found I had no cloak or buckler (Hardened Buckler of the Beetle and Cloak of the Taruun Recruit) to hand in and proceed to the next stage, so my Vah Shir Rogue, Sidler Daggerful, is in limbo in Rogue #2, instead of carrying on to Rogue #3. It has been a while since I did this - see the date of my first mention.
  10. Cazmac Augur

I have filled in some details below your posting but do not know if this is enough.
  11. Cazmac Augur

I had not been aware that the quest was bugged before the GM told me in his response, so I have no way of knowing *where* the quest is bugged. All I know is that, once I had done all the throwing darts quests for Rytan, I could not proceed with the Rogue quest, because my Hardened Buckler of the Beetle and my Cloak of the Taruun Recruit were missing and these items are needed for the hand-in to continue with the quest. I have no idea how these items disappeared from my inventory and that, I can only assume, is where the bug lies in this particular quest. Replacing these may be the answer but more knowledgeable heads than mine will know better. It would be nice to be able to get further with this.
  12. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

What level are you? I'm asumming agnostic and your on the Vox server.

Did you use the find button to search for your 2 missing items? Do you have a house?
    svann likes this.
  13. svann Augur

You get those items as a final reward for rogue 2.
    see also
    https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=1490

If you meant that you completed rogue 2 (thus not in limbo in rogue 2) then have you tried item recovery?
  14. Hegsheoshed Augur

Did Taruun recruit #2 with a Vah Shir rogue with Shar Vahl as the home city. Got the hardened buckeler of the beetle. Still working on the second cloak, wearing the first on the rogue atm. Considering the drop rate on the rockhopper eggs to finish I can understand how someone may not want to farm the eggs again. I'm going to say feel free to replace the items with further game play! Try Marus Seru for the eggs. You have to give Rytan the Acrylia slate to get his bag for the combines of the xakra teeth. You have to combine 5 sets of 4 xakra teeth. More later. New rogue needs some jboots now.
  15. Hegsheoshed Augur

Everything works fine. I have the meal voucher and the 2 daggers for the next quest now. All that work for a hardened beetle buckler and then you give it away for the next quest.
    Skuz and Yinla like this.
  16. Cazmac Augur

I recently tried to start the quest all over again but this did not work because I could not gain the relevant responses from the NPCs, so I have deleted that alt and made a new one. I may be doomed, however, because, after getting to level 8 yesterday and having just looted a pair of nice Crude chain boots, I was completely disconnected. On my return, I was level 7 and the boots were gone! /sniff, sniff!
  17. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Maybe in 2022 you'll have better luck.