Mercs in PoK

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Veteran_BetaTester, Aug 5, 2020.

1. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

Please make it where Mercs don't charge in PoK.

Going AFK in PoK with Mercs out is costing a fortune.
  2. Qbert Gallifreyan

Put them on passive.
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Options - general - set your self to auto turn on afk then under that is auto merc passive.

You will automatically go afk after not doing anything and then your merc will go passive when you go auto afk
    Cicelee, Nniki and GNOME_POWER like this.
  4. Vlad Diszno Augur

For me, the one downside of using auto-afk is; I come back, hunt, and then not get healed. I tend to forget to click merc off of passive- until I have zoned to bind, usually.
    To avoid this particular user error, I suspend my merc when not in action.
  5. Velisaris_MS Augur

That's what I do...for that very same reason.

That's why mercs need to auto-passive/no charge while in non-combat zones. Then, as soon as you zone to a combat enabled zone, they automatically switch to whatever their previous stance was and start charging.
    Skuz and svann like this.
  6. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

What if you just log out?
    Flatchy likes this.
  7. OlavSkullcrusher Augur

I started adding a /stance reactive or whatever line to my assist and pull macros. Solves that problem.
    Leigo and svann like this.
  8. HoodenShuklak Augur

All mercs just waiving upkeep in non combat zones would be nice.
    Veteran_BetaTester likes this.
  9. Dropfast Augur

They use to not charge as long as they didn't cast anything in the 15 mins but now it seems they have to be on passive which sucks. Their was an issue with them casting / healing upon zoning was only issue I knew of but I'm baffled as to why this was changed. Yea you can auto - afk / passive or suspend but it still makes 0 sense to me why it was changed. o_O If they don't cast for the full time then it shouldn't charge, IMO.
  10. Zamiam Augur

as far as I can remember they have always charged unless you put them on passive .. but alas I am old so my memory could be off :(
  11. Natal Augur

That is incredibly difficult to do and not a realistic option.
  12. Natal Augur

They have always charged as long as they are up.

It is powersources that don't tick down when not in combat.
  13. Natal Augur

Why? so we can have twice as much lag in the lobby?
    Captain Video likes this.
  14. Captain Video Augur

This. If I need to AFK without logging out, which I don't do very often, I always check my merc status first thing. It's not exactly the most challenging part of EQ. If I forget and something bad happens, it's on me. I wish more players would develop habits like this, because the less needless congestion in the lobby, the better.
    CatsPaws likes this.
  15. Dibab Augur

this is literally a non issue. put it on passive, they dont charge on passive, the end
  16. HoodenShuklak Augur

Might as well tell us to get jobs.
  17. HoodenShuklak Augur

Quality of life!

If you don't want lag then play on Selo or Coirnav.
    Veteran_BetaTester and svann like this.
  18. Flatchy Court Jester

I figured this late in the game everyone would have their own stable of buffers anyway and you wouldnt have to stand around and mooch buffs and causing lag.
  19. Waring_McMarrin Augur

That is correct, and it would also be fairly complicated to determine if they have done anything or not, which could include something as simple as rebuffing after buffs fade.
  20. svann Augur

There is a setting in options to auto-passive if you are afk. Most have this unclicked because of the risk of forgetting to reactivate.