Aradune Server vs TEQB. Any actual instance only guilds left?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by idoljen, Jul 30, 2020.

1. RizLoaner Elder

None of them have the number of players of TEQ so they don't have to kill open world mobs to get a majority of loot that will be useless come kunark. When you have >400 members you need to zerg content otherwise nobody would get gear and people would quit.
  2. Auesheet Lorekeeper

None of this matters - server will be dead by Underfoot if not sooner
    Lilliee likes this.
  3. Aegir Augur

Doubt it even lasts through the lv 70 era.
  4. RizLoaner Elder

Most of the classic nostalgia people leave around PoP then the rest of the true-box crusaders find out real quick that you need bots/boxes to actually do content outside of raids. It's the catch 22 of all the truebox servers, you give people the heavily modified classic experience so they can camp the ghoul lord or frenzy in lower guk at the detriment to server health. That's probably the main reason DBG just rolls out a new set of progression servers when this happens. If you want to do any content later in EQ 90% of the time you're going to need bots and boxes. When the loot truly doesn't matter truebox isn't that bad, when you actually need to do massive amount of content outside raids to get anywhere in EQ the truebox crew is normally long gone and your server slowly dies.
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  5. Tweakfour17 Augur

Hence why Truebox should fall off somewhere OoW -> DoDH. There is a thread with lots of discussion and majority for it down below.
    RizLoaner likes this.
  6. Bullsnooze Augur

These aren't official numbers and guild clears on an incomplete guild list really shouldn't be used to claim officially that one server had more people than another. Statistically speaking, it's an inaccurate sample size between arguably 2 of the most successful TLPs to date.

This thread has gone off track a bit though? The OP just wanted to know if there are any instanced guilds out there? How did the focus once again shift to whether or not TEB is the biggest guild on the server lol?
  7. Goburs The Filthy Casualz Leader

Par for the course. Every single thread in everquests history has done the same thing.

TBH alot of us smaller guilds don't even care about OW stuff. We just miss the raiding aspect of the classic stuff. TEQB won't have any real competition on this server....but it doesn't mean they shouldn't be having fun. As I said prior, let the boys be boys.....btw recruiting a few wizards kthx.
    CokaSZ likes this.
  8. Imdead Augur

We can argue about how arbitrary or not the measurement is, but it's a/the statistic that we have. If you'd like to submit a more accurate metric by which we can compare the two servers I'd love to hear it.
  9. Lejaun Augur

Are there any instance only raid guilds? Isn't that just about every main guild on the server except for EQ Baby?
  10. Goburs The Filthy Casualz Leader

No, there's 3, maybe 4 that go for OW stuff.
  11. Maze Elder

Uhh, if you mean Phinny and Yael as "going for open world targets" yeah, 3 or 4.
  12. Bullsnooze Augur

You're missing the point - there is no argument without the official numbers, only speculation. My argument with that response is as such: no player can say (or claim) one server is the most popular with a website that has an already inaccurate list of guilds. The only people that have that raw data are the folks at Dark Paw. That said, skewed statistics are a bad basis for an argument regardless if it's the only 'measurement' you have. Moreover and generally saying all past arguments are based off these 'progress' websites is a bit of a hasty generalization in itself.

With all that, I'd love to know if Aradune is indeed the most successful TLP to date. My bet would be on Phinigel, but I wouldn't be surprised if Aradune snatched the crown.