Devs, please increase the fellowship size

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Lilura, Jul 29, 2020.

1. Sobmre Augur

look people,

Everything about fellowships is MEH
    because whatever is awesome is kneecapped by some rule.

Will they change from Meh to full Awesome ?
    most likely never.

do they care?
    of course not

Will this thread go at least 2 more pages before shadowed by some let get this over with bs?
    yes probably

Will i read any thread over 3 pages?
    naaa to much of my time is already wasted
  2. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Fellowship size is designed for a group of players rather than a group plus a plethora of alts.

Going beyond the current size would be like creating a "alliance / cooperative" framework and that's well beyond the scope of the Fellowship system.
  3. cadres Augur

The fellowship is clearly designed to be a lot of different things
    Which it is - different strokes for different folks - a good thing imho, it means more people get something out of it
    Not sure how adding alts makes it an 'alliance' etc?
    For many, one of the most valuable aspects is to enable them to utilise un-needed exp
    That means you need your alts in the fellowship
    Many exp sharing happen through a different mechanism and there is less need to increase the size of the fellowship
  4. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

I would think that as a quality of life thing for players that box some enhancements can happen with fellowships. However, due to the latent hostility of some uberguilders against multiboxing(which is itself such hypocracy but whatevs) we will never see that logic reach the light of day in this discussion.
  5. Whulfgar Augur

No.. I disagree with the OP ..

I would not mind however.. a shorter duration for dropping one FS to join another .. from the currently LONG time ..

To half the time if not shorter?
    Skuz likes this.
  6. Act of Valor The Newest Member

You've been in some bad fellowships, then.
    Cicelee, Nadisia, Yinla and 1 other person like this.
  7. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

This is one of the things I had in mind along with the ability to perhaps drop perhaps 2 concurrent fires. It's a quality of life focus.
  8. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

While a bunch of folks only want to increase fellowship size for their own alts they aren't thinking of the full scope of the ramifications.

You can currently have a max of 14 characters per account as all-access, to fully cater to a 6 boxer that would be 6x14 or a full Planes of Power Raid, a raid-sized fellowship & then some.

If you don't want that, what number would you suggest?

Anything less than the 6x14 and you are going to have to rotate at least a few alts in/out anyway, so why not do that in a fellowship with a limit of 12 characters the only difference is in how often you swap then in/out and that way you avoid the guild-sized Fellowship.

12 is plenty for even what 6 boxers need for alts, I know as I run 3 to 5 accounts myself & I have never needed a bigger fellowship nor do I see any benefit beyond purely wanting to avoid swapping characters in/out from time to time. Just create a second fellowship for another set of alts, works for me.
  9. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Agree with this idea, reducing the cool-down on fellowships doesn't create too many problems, currently it is set at 20 hours, reducing that to say 6 hours means you are at least going to be stuck there for a fairly long play-session amount of time, around what a full week-day evening of play on a work day would be for many, a little easier to move between fellowships for weekends also.
    Whulfgar likes this.
  10. cadres Augur

Personally, i don't see the problem with larger fellowships vs alts. For eg, I have 3 accs with 10 alts on each. I can only have 3 toons on at any one time - so there's no issue of a personal raid force

The problem with switching alts in and out is that it's not possible at the mo - only the fellowship leader can do that. If the leader is not the most active person, that's not useful. It's also a lot of hassle if everyone wants to shift people in and out all the time - eg if I wanted to do 20x LoD on my alts, that's just lots of work for 'someone'
    So the answer might well be, as was suggested earlier, to have an 'account' in the fellowship. So I can put whichever of my toons on Account B in to play and they will be in the fellowship/get shared exp and so on

There's no point putting alts in shared fellowships - assuming my main stays in my main fellowship, I would only have 2 on in the 'other' fellowship(s) ; too few to set campfire etc

It sounds like your fellowship is primarily about your alts, but mine is primarily about being connected to friends. I would just like to be able to also use it to benefit myself and my alts
  11. Caio_Xegony Lorekeeper

personally I would love to see being able to drop a campfire with 1 person.
    I don't know about the rest of you but I don't need 2 other people when I'm in the woods trying to make a fire.
    Whulfgar likes this.
  12. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I may well be wrong but my guess is they didn't want to make it too easy for groups to get just about anywhere by having either a Rogue sneak through a difficult to navigate area, or any class with Fading Memories/Feign Death then plop down a campfire & everyone else can get there from anywhere else.
    (and since now all classes have a long cool-down fade it's probably even more of an issue)

I could maybe see allowing 1-player campfire creation in zones which are no longer the current era perhaps.
  13. Velisaris_MS Augur

All you have to do is have 2 other toons get killed, then let the rogue (or bard, or any class with a FD ability) drag to where you want to be and use rez tokens. Then drop the CF.

The fact that it's so easy to essentially bypass the 3-toon requirement is the exact reason why the requirment needs to be removed.
  14. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Using Rezz tokens has a cost, a significant one so I'm fine with that remaining & it doesn't serve as justification to remove that cost in my book so I will have to strongly disagree with your rationale.
    Zamiam likes this.
  15. Lianeb Augur

Maybe he should have said Merc instead of rez token.
    3 people for a CF is a dumb restriction in today's EQ
  16. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I'm not saying it is or isn't dumb just pointing out why I think it is unlikely to change, I don't see any good reason against removing that restriction in old out of era zones automatically but I can see why they would want to keep it for current era &/or gaming design reasons. They don't build zones with the intent of allowing you easily bypass a lot of obstacles on the way to a desirable camp spot being one off the top of my head. In old content? Who cares, you could slaughter most everything in your way solo anyway.
  17. Darchon_Xegony Augur

I just think it is ridiculous how a fellowship of a Rogue, Warrior and Monk can drop a Fellowship at a common Quest NPC in a zone, and easily port back to the quest NPC every 15min to request the next quest in the line, or bypass a set of mobs that spawned during a task, yet a druid or wizard cannot bind in most recent expansion zones and teleport their group similarly.

If bind is restricted in a bunch of zones, fellowship campfire porting should be too. Or it should just be logical that anyone can drop a campfire without others nearby.
  18. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Seems to me the fellowships just makes it easier for the power levelers? yea lets make it so they can have even more people to level up with i say pass. i talked to someone who said he used 21 chars to pl people with guessing fellowship i could be wrong though /shrug.

Andarriel
  19. Dropfast Augur

If your not going to increase the size then at least consider it taking only 2( or even 1) to plant a fire instead of 3 please. I can't even begin to tell you how many thousand times I wanted to plant a fire but was 1 person short. It's really annoying. It would make a lot peps happy, that I can tell you.
  20. fortuneteller Augur

Since people can never be satisfied, go ahead and delete the code for it.
    Then you will not have this popping up every 2-3 months. I would do that