Bots camped in Sathir's Tomb on Povar

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Lilura, Aug 5, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lilura Augur

For four days now an AFK bot group has hogged the Xalgoz room in ST on Povar. They never answer camp checks, tells, or says.

On the plus side they leave everything to rot so my mage just walked in, looted the Magnetic Lodestone from a Xalgoz corpse and left without a peep from them.

But this is ridiculous. Darkpaw, send someone with a ban hammer in there already.
  2. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

Fix TOV experience and the situation will go back to the former situation of them only being slightly annoying.
    Whulfgar likes this.
  3. Monkman Augur

Honestly don’t really understand people still complaining about TOV exp rates... we just had a guy in guild level an alt completely 110-115 without ever leaving the GGH. Overseer running 12/24 hr missions nets a solid chunk of xp
    Lannin and code-zero like this.
  4. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

A lot of folks want to play Everquest not Overseer to level.
  5. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Then stop complaining about having to play the game to level, because apparently people don't want to play it very much.
    Lannin, sauron3030, svann and 6 others like this.
  6. Nadisia Augur

You can level up by playing Everquest, if you follow and complete the progression (group missions included, because they do give huge chunks of XP the 1st time you complete them, the Hero of ... achievements)

On the other hand, the regular XP from mobs is pretty crap, that's true. (the AA XP is still great tho)

But you're right, there are a lot of people who don't want to play Overseer to level up.
    I'm not a rabid Overseer hater at all (if some people like it, good for them) but ... I'll never use this feature.
    Not for XP, not for TS stuff, not even for the collectibles.

For me (again, it's just my personal taste), it's just plain crap, and imho a waste of development time and resources.
    Everytime I see any "[Overseer] Fix this or that" thread on this forum, it gives me pimples :p

Subliminal message to devs : Don't waste your time on this stuff, there are way more important things to fix in game, or give us real content ... first ;)
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  7. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I agree I have no rabid hatred of Overseer but it's not part of what keeps me playing this game. I don't play /gems in EQ and I don't play /overseer. Both meaningless add ons to me.

They could give exp in /gems still wouldn't get me to play it :)
  8. Whulfgar Augur

100% this..

People complaining now are just lazy players..

Just using 30 min a day (lessons) ive leveled a ranger completely from 110 to 115 in two months..

Literally only playing them for 30 min a day..
  9. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I have never complained about having to play the game to level. I have complained about the fact that you can no longer "effectively" get exp for levels the way I have played it for over 20 of the last 21 years.
    Buster_Shruggs likes this.
  10. Nadisia Augur

@Corwyhn and @Whulfgar : Imo, you're both right, and you can find a common ground.

Before level 111 : you can level up by using the old school way, do some quests here and there, some progression, and do regular camps to gain XP efficiently.

Once 111? sudden break of the model.
    The regular XP from mob kills is really bad.

Ok, you can do the progression, and with my husband, we have really loved the ToV progression.
    So the 1st time, it was great, and enjoyable.

But ... if you're an alt-oholic like us (we do have almost all the classes, in fact all but paladin, and sometimes 2 or 3 characters of one class) ... o_O
    The 1st time, it's great.
    The 2nd time? It's still ok, the 3rd time ... it starts to be really annoying.

Seriously don't ever tell me about the dervishes in the GD caves again ... Never !!! :mad:

So you don't really have the opportunity to switch one character and log an alt instead because the regular XP ... sucks.

The leveling system used in ToV is great, but it needs some adjustments: increase a little bit the XP from kills, and decrease the XP from the progression, by a notch or two.

Best of both worlds, and everyone will be happy
  11. Tappin Augur

How’s playing Overseer playing Everquest?
  12. Whulfgar Augur

To play devils advocate here..
    See this right here is not EQ's fault. Its you an your husbands.

Just because you guys have THAT many alts .. does not mean the xp gains should be easier.

Just because you guys have THAT many alts.. does not mean ToV is a bad xp just cause of how bad the xp gains are per kill ..

Just saying..
  13. Whulfgar Augur

And thats me saying that with a Personal tag .. that CLEARLY reads .. ToV xp is pretty bad. (Again was just playing devils advocate)
  14. Tappin Augur

Great game design... take something away that’s been around for 20 years and try to sell it back...
  15. Whulfgar Augur

Actually wrong..

Durring Velious's FIRST .. go round.. exp per kill SUCKED soo bad that to hit the top level literally took months of 6-8 hr grinding in velks..

You would announce it on server wide chat or general.. and instantly EVERYONE .. knew who you were. I remember those days bud.
    Lannin likes this.
  16. Buster_Shruggs Augur

I like Overseer; I use it for collectibles and to give easy xp to alts I leave sitting in the Guild Hall. However, I would love to be able to go back to the old days when you could just find a spot to grind out levels... The seemingly fastest way you earn xp now was curtailed to force people to get into the latest expansion and with ToV it was narrowed even more to make progression the optimal fast track for xp. I'm guessing this is meant to help with sales of the latest expansion and if it increases longevity of the game, then so be it. "It is what it is..."

For the OP, there was usually a BoT/AFK group in Sathir's in the area you mentioned back on my previous server. I actually found it helpful, because I didn't have to worry about splitting any mobs on pulls. I would just pick off singles when they were working the room and Id work the adjacent room when all mobs were down. Also, like you mentioned, FREE rot loot. Every now and then I would get a tell(warning) from whomever ran the AFK group, but after deciphering the broken English, I would just shrug it off. Most times its not difficult to discover if a group is running off a script/3rd party whatchamacallit/ or w/e... they don't respond to tells, ooc, or shout, they pull in the exact same fashion(even if mobs have respawned out of turn), their puller automatically switches to another mob if you intercept the mob on aggro,...etc.
    Lannin and Whulfgar like this.
  17. Whulfgar Augur

I literally just this morning in Tofs 6th floor .. using lesson plus a full Vitality bar (FS sharing) went from 68.721% in 115 to 85.742% into 115.

In 30 min .. thats over 17% of a level .. in THIRTY MIN .. (on 33 mobs exactly.. mind ya)

Perhaps the xp is not as bad as what we the player base think ?
    Buster_Shruggs likes this.
  18. Whulfgar Augur

I'll repost for total xp gains (killing mobs) after the vitality is run out.
  19. Windance Augur

A couple counter points to Whulfgar's posts:

#1. Getting a full bar of vitality is not trivial.
    #2. Killing 33 mobs in 30 min would indicate you have a fairly high end group.
    #3. ToFS is one of the better XP zones. I haven't done a lot of testing but it seems the hp on most of the mobs are lower than those in say Kael.

LoTD + 100% xp boost.
    Fellowship boost + 100% xp boost?

We've completely derailed the original posters thread about the AFK XP farming. On Bertox we have 5-6 groups afk 24/7 in GD and one in Kael.
  20. Whulfgar Augur

#1. Anyone on any server can get a full bar of vitality. Its not as hard as you are attempting to portray =P

#2. My dps with the current setup is not even close to maximized I am literally killing just a wee bit slower then 2 other grps around me in zone right now actually.

#3. Actually Enforcer Cave in GD is thee BEST xp grind spot currently due to them being even cons .. an vastly less hps then a T2 zone trash.

My camp was Val`Sara camp. There are literally 8 mobs at this camp. 4 clears of this camp plus 1 mob outta the next cycle, is what allowed me to use a single lesson (with vit) an gain 17%+ xp in normal level xp in 30 minutes.

EDIT: Vitality is now done on my alt druid. The druid went from 68% to 99% into level in less then two hrs using 1 lesson, and 1 fully maxed out Vitality bar. (Combined)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.