Let's discuss revenue generation and epic 2.0's

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Secondary Silver, Aug 5, 2020.

1. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Its not just now.

The Ranger epic has had this twist since day one. I remember doing it back in the days when level 65 was top level and trying to figure out how to get around it. Its simple - strip down and turn around:D

So what are you going to do when you take on the massive 28 quests line for the Rallosian Battle Figure? Or did you not notice the one part where you again, strip down to speak to the guy in order to get another part of armor?

Its the nature of the game. EQ has always thrown twists and turns at us. And thanks to the help of many pages like Alla and Fanra, Bonzz, Paul and all the others we can get thru them all.

Yes characters are much more powerful now but that is just another twist in the game. Its not a bug. And your not entitled to easy play - that's over at WOW. Deal with it.
    Gyurika Godofwar, Coagagin and Duder like this.
  2. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

If you know those things happened then you will also know that these are things which are also within a player's ability to control, perhaps your rant would have ended before you posted it by thinking beyond your short sighted anger.

Player: Devs, you are dumb, fix this quest Nao!
    Dev: Hmm, sorry I can't, according to you I'm dumb & dumb people can't do development, I'll see if any of the other devs are not dumb & ask if they can do it for you, nope they can't either apparently we are all dumb according to you so we can't help, kkthxbye!

Of course EQ devs aren't dumb & they will help fix quests, but you really need to get a grip on your lack of social skills.
    I can appreciate you got angry 100% of all EverQuest players have gotten royally pissed off with this game numerous time a year, but throwing insults at the developers like these is hardly going to motivate any of them to want to help you. Yes its their job, but they are people too.

Sort of yeah, the original quests were built without the aid of a crystal-ball or any other form of precognition so it was pretty hard to see exactly where player power would be at next year or 20 years later, I'm sure they are all very sorry about that.

Game design in an MMO is a rather novel field if you have any grasp of the challenges involved, in most games they design the difficulty of the events for players whose power is within a known or expected threshold, within the MMO sphere the player power can escalate very drastically away from the original constraints, which is why some events are easily "broken" by high powered players attempting to do them out of era.
    I don't think there is any reasonable & affordable way to pre-plan all the billions of potential ways in which later development of the game will break older content, all that can be reasonably (reasonable is a concept you maybe need to become more accustomed with) expected is that should content be broken by mechanics that are beyond a player's control that the devs will try to fix the problem as & when it arises.

TL;DR - Dude, take a chill pill & learn to ask nicely for fixes to problems you run across, your throbbing forehead veins will thank you.

I will add:

As a Ranger you have a spell book, you can equip non weapons, remove DS & then load up earlier era spells & easily manage this situation by using lower level spells to reduce the mobs hp in a more controlled fashion, this is something you should become accustomed to while tacking old content with a much higher character than the content was designed for.
    Corwyhn Lionheart and Duder like this.
  3. Agrun Apprentice

I always thought damage shield boosting AAs only kick in if you have some other active ds on from a spell or item. Is that wrong?
  4. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Coat of thistles?

This ability intensifies the overall effect of damage shields that are cast on you. Additional ranks increase the effectiveness of this ability.
  5. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

I find it hard to believe that after so MANY years, you killing a mob in your 1.5 will bug the entire epic.

I am SURE this must have been mentioned before.

Is there a work around on this issue? I have never done 1.5 ranger. Can the mob just respawn and you kill it? go and hail another npc to get your item to 'turn in' ( as I said I have no clue what this part of ranger 1.5 is about ) I just don't think its a KILL on the epic or this probably would have been 'fixed' / patched by now.

I fully understand you are upset.. but go put in a /bug and go to the bug reports forums. Keep us updated.

Folks, give the guy some respect for being mad.. don't wave your dev wand and turn him into a toad :)

PS, op, don't forget to go to your eqclient.ini and add " StickFigures=1 "
  6. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Being upset is one thing, a post like this is just dumb. It's not going to get any help at all from the company because it's flat out rude. One needs to think about how to word a post to get help
  7. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Yes there is a work around and you bet its been mentioned before. At least the guy in this link had a sense of humor:

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...meness-is-keeping-me-from-getting-1-5.263645/

Zerks have same issue. And there are tons of mobs if you kill too quick then you won't get the update. Who says the game's mob difficulty has to keep up with the players level?

Shoot then he would be on here complaining that at level 110 the mob is killing him and how he is supposed to get his epic without any friends and the devs should design the game to be solo'd!
  8. Nennius Curmudgeon

Will this wand be available soon as a free gift for just me? I will unsubscribe my 666 accounts and get real mad if it isn't!!!!

/em holding breath and stomping feet

Still waiting.

Still waiting.

Still waiting

Seriously, having to be careful in how you kill things adds a badly needed bit of complexity in an increasingly non-complex game. It is an "epic" after all. Now that you know what to do it should not be too difficult to accomplish.[/quote]
  9. Password1234 Augur

What does this have to do with revenue generation, exactly?
  10. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

The OP feels that if they go back and fix something that is not broken that it will create more revenue cause he sure isn't paying anymore.
  11. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Click off all damage shields. Equip a Fire Beetle Eye in your main hand. Memorize low level spells. Win!
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  12. Act of Valor The Newest Member

You just have to stop and think for a moment that the developers, when the max level cap was 70, designed epic quests and considered what they would be like 45 levels later when we have 400k hp and doing tens of thousands of damage with one melee strike. They didn't. Nor could they. Instead of throwing a tantrum on the forums and threatening you're quitting, you could realize there are likely workarounds for such a problem. And if there isn't a workaround, leave constructive comments on how our current developers could remedy such a problem.

Another "I'm quitting!" post embarrasses the community more than it does you.
  13. Nolrog Augur

^^^ This.

This post boils down to epic quests are broken fix them. It gives no specific information as to what quest is broken and where. Devs do not know the ins and outs of every quest and no one on the team (well maybe Absor) was around when they were built and don't have the time to research every epic to determine where it may need to be addressed.

If you want to see some action, the more details you can provide to help them understand what the issue is the more likely it may be addressed. And for bugs, exact steps to reproduce are really important to help them track it down.
  14. feeltheburn Augur

[IMG]
    Gyurika Godofwar and Nennius like this.
  15. Nadisia Augur

Absor was probably there even before the Age of Scale, before Veeshan discovered Norrath.

Who knows, maybe Absor is The Nameless? :eek: :D

Jokes aside, you're right, sometimes quests, and even epic quests that have been completed an absurd number of times, can have bugs or strange behaviors.

One example?
    Two weeks ago, I was doing the first steps of the bard 1.5 in Dragon Necropolis.
    All was fine before the Hsagra's Shade step : impossible to complete the 4 bones turn-in, always the same error message, «You must turn in all quest items at once in order to complete this quest.»

By the way, I was trying to trade the 4 bones at once, correctly, I'm not that dumb :p

So, petition, etc, the usual routine, and I was waiting.
    But just to be sure, as the previous part is fast and easy, I decided to destroy the 3 bones collected previously in DN (ground spawns), and pick them all once again.
    And this time, it worked.

Why? I don't have a clue lol.
    EQ is an old lady, and sometimes, old ladies can be grumpy. ;)

I sent an add to my previous ticket, just to close the request, and received a cool message from a GM a little bit later, happy to hear that my issue was resolved.

Moral of the story : Try to do your best on your own, sometimes you can fix small issues with a simple workaround, and treat the GMs and devs with respect, because they're not our lackeys.
    If they can, they'll help you ;)
  16. Sissruukk Rogue One

Usually if I have to take a mob down to a certain percent around that level, I unequip my weapons, take off damage shield, and punch it until I get it down to the percent I need, then turn my back on it. If I really need to take it slow, I equip a trophy (or other non-melee item) in my offhand.
    Nadisia likes this.
  17. Nadisia Augur

Probably the only time you're not doing your stuff from behind,vile rogue !!! :p

/em casts Cloak of Shadows, tries to run, feigns death ... and falls to the ground ... as usual :D
    Sissruukk likes this.
  18. Tucoh Augur

Counterpoint:

Most of the quests themselves are trivial to do and the only challenging part is the ones where your strength works against you. So you're asking the developers to nerf the only difficult part of the quest.

git gud
  19. Sobmre Augur

at least your not a necro stuck with using 2.0 for life
  20. Cicelee Augur

Who else saw the thread title and thought the topic was going to be about buying your epic weapon in DBG store?

O and to the OP, you don't have to use level 115 spells and armor and weapons to do a level 70 quest. Maybe work on hand to hand to DPS the mob down, or just use a mod rod and a shield or something?

And as far as that ranger AA, it seems like it makes damage shields that are casted on you better. Not necessarily an innate damage shield. So just don't cast buffs with a damage shield component on you?

Good luck on obtaining the weapon. Forum Quest awaits your new post in ten days with the progress made on it...