Let's discuss revenue generation and epic 2.0's

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Secondary Silver, Aug 5, 2020.

1. Secondary Silver New Member

I'm not giving this company another dollar until they go back and fix the 2.0 quests to not waste large chunks of our time because we riposted a mob to death, or our damage shield killed a mob that was supposed to give us a quest update. Someone's idiot cousin wrote these quests, or at the very least implemented some of these dumb functions.

Not being able to complete the flagship style of quest in the game because I'm too strong? This seems like a massive design flaw. Please, do better. These "balance" fights need to go too. They do not scale well and it's like the developers went way out of their way to make sure you would not be able to do this content in the future without a gigantic pain in the neck.
  2. Duder Augur

3. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I think you should describe your problem in the Bug Reports forum.

Which class 2.0?
    Event/Step/Stage.
    Detail of the Problem.
    Attempts at troubleshooting.
    Etc.
  4. Secondary Silver New Member

The entirety of the ranger 1.5 is filled with "don't accidentally kill this mob". There were exactly 2 mobs you can kill freely and not have to worry about getting under 10% for an update without accidentally killing it. Not sure it merits a bug post as it's 100% designed to function this way. They had every opportunity to write the quest in such a way that prevents accidental death and chose not to.
    Wyre Wintermute likes this.
  5. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Boo hoo.

See ya.
    Coagagin and Xianzu_Monk_Tunare like this.
  6. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

good to see the apologists flocking in.....
    Coagagin and Wyre Wintermute like this.
  7. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

And the whiners.

Boo hoo, a level 70 quest doesn't work perfectly when doing it 45 freaking levels later due to splatting the stuff in seconds, the horror. Time to come to the forums to whine and talk about withholding payment to a game over it! I'm sure that will work!
  8. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

He wants to do a quest in everQUEST....how is that a problem?
    Wyre Wintermute likes this.
  9. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I haven't done the Ranger 1.5 yet. Are you saying that you need to bring down the mob's health to 10% or are you targeting 2 mobs but the no-kill others are aggroing?

Have you tried meleeing with your bow/spells and putting a non-melee item (idol, TS item) in primary and shield in secondary? Also, turn off DS?
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and minimind like this.
  10. Smokezz The Bane Crew

That'll get you a positive response from the devs! Be rude and obnoxious.
    Gyurika Godofwar, minimind and Duder like this.
  11. Mazame Augur

There are many events in EQ that when current took not only a raid to do but thinking out side the box to pull it off. Just because you out level the content doesn't mean it need to be a cake walk.

A friend and I did the ashen gate raids last month for fun and one of the events was very tricky to get down under the right % with out killing it. The answer is more simple then one would think.

We ended up using a lower level spell, took off all of our procs/DS and was able to get the win.

your QQing about wanting them to re-do all of the epic because your too powerful is not reasonable. When it was current it took effort and now that your too high level it takes effort. It a different type of effort but effort all the same.

Not everything need to be done with muscle try using your mind once in a while and you will find many more doors are open to you.

P.S. because your leaving the game and before anyone else asks " Can I have your stuff" :)
  12. Nadisia Augur

Sorry, I don't want to sound pedantic but :
    • Remove damage shields
    • Equip a no-riposte weapon (Fire beetle eye, tradeskill trophy, etc)
    Problems solved :)
    It's not some idiot cousin's fault, it's your fault.
    If you do the your epic quests around the required levels, you won't kill anything with a riposte nor with damage shields.
    If you do your epic quest at 110 or 115, just be careful, that's all.
    This year, I've completed a good bunch of epics (1.0 and 2.0) for some alts, and never got any issue
  13. Broozer Augur

And you are telling us here because...

If you want to cry on message boards to people who either can't address or don't care one iota about your need for attention, you may as well put a "Kick Me" sign on your back. Oh oh oh - CIHYSBIKY?
  14. Soulbanshee Augur

Script support is a lot different back then than it is now.

Damage is a lot different back then than it is now.

Probably all old world events that "should have" had HP locks don't, look at all the raid events where killing the mob instead of holding it at say 10% bugs the entire event. In the 80s, no one thought you would ever need more than 16-bit addressable memory, but yet here we are now with 64-bit operating systems. And EQ was built on 32-bit processes, never thought we would hit values over 2 million in game (signed integer).

As an example for the ranger epic, you are talking about normally killable mobs. If they made it HP lock, anyone at level that was unfortunate to aggro the mob would have a mob eternally hitting them while being stuck at X% HP until they zone, die, or gate. It's unfortunate, but nothing that would have been expected based on how much damage has scaled up til today.

Or from another direction, it was expected that you had the off chance of messing it up by accidentally killing the necessary mob by design. It doesn't help us now with the amount of damage we output now, but there are ways around it if you read player tips to get a grey mob to 10% HP without killing it.

It may be a "flagship" quest, but there's very few epics that still have any merit in the max level game beyond getting the checkmark in your achievement.
  15. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

This might sound like a crazy suggestion, but now that you know riposting and damage shields are causing problems for this encounter, may I suggest... not riposting, either by turning your back or equipping a non-weapon primary, and not buffing yourself with a damage shield? Or ya know, you could just quit the game and rage post on the forums like a child. That option works too.
  16. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

The epic quests were designed over a decade ago. The problem of doing too much dps was not even a glimmer in anyone's eye back then.

Over the many years, the Developers have discovered various quests what no longer function as intended because to the many, many, many changes to EQ. EQ is the only game that is 21 years old and contains this level of content and gameplay.

The correct response is to file a bug report and the Developers will fix the issues.

Believe it or not, each Developer likely has on their plate enough work for three people. They do not have the time to go around and make a list of every quest in the game and then look at them to see if they would break with newer abilities that didn't exist when they were created.

I'm sorry to see you go but if you won't understand that a 21 year old game is going to have issues and that the Developers will fix such quests if you inform them, then I think EQ is not the game for you.
  17. Benito EQ player since 2001.

This.

And use low level direct damage or damage over time spells to carefully chip away at the mob's health.
  18. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Should be put in the bug section or you can just cry in the ranger section geez. rangers 2.0 isnt even worth it unless you want the ornamentation but there alot of better looking ones. i have a 115 ranger btw and i dont plan on wasting it on 2.0.

Andarriel
  19. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

dont think that works we got damage shield aa's so even if you unequip everything you still do like 6k from ds lol just gotta hope the mob doesnt hit you.

Andarriel
    Benito likes this.
  20. Benito EQ player since 2001.

It seems to be a bug if you can't toggle it on and off. Is there a "Enable/Disable" option by training in the AA?