Summer Appreciation Bonus

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by CRAZO, Aug 2, 2020.

1. CRAZO Journeyman

Just wondering if were gonna get 1 this year. seems the last couple years they started in july.
    Skuz and Yinla like this.
  2. Riou EQResource

It was supposed to be an Independence Day Heroes Forge Hat, not sure why it was never released...
    Benito and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  3. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Ewww not more hats. :(
    Velisaris_MS likes this.
  4. Riou EQResource

[IMG] ("independencehelm", added around March-ish, it is a Hero's Forge Hat, this is the items icon)

Wouldn't be surprised if it also had some kind of "Murika" name like the America colors Murkglider Familiar

They never added an Achievement for this bonus either, usually they get a 0 bonus log in bonus for summer, but nothing so far this year
  5. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

[IMG] Definitely want that!
  6. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Not even American & I would wear that top-hat, just cuz it's different, but it also has "recruitment potential" written all over it.

*imagines screenshot of my fat ogre in a stars 'n stripes hat saying "my guild needs YOU!" (c) Skuz 2020
    Lilybeme, Tatanka, Grove and 2 others like this.
  7. Angahran Augur

I wish there was an option to hide other people's hats like there is to hide your own.
    Having the HF graphics on is nice sometimes then you get these ridiculous looking hats :(
    Nadisia likes this.
  8. Sobmre Augur

any hero forge items would be a disappointment.
  9. Monkman Augur

I disagree Sobmre,

It’s folks like you that got us those crappy velium weapon ornaments for beta this year. People “complained” that the beta rewards had been HF hats and they couldn’t wear them. For some of us those items are super unique and sought after. Still wish I could buy that tricorne hat :/
  10. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

Link
    PS Tricorne hat is in /claim (if you did BETA like I did :p )
  11. Sobmre Augur

i change my statement :
    any hero forge OR Ornaments would be a disappointment.

monkman, if i could give you the crappy beta ornaments i would .........
  12. Funky Augur

my wicked cactus hat shall never die.
  13. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Terribad.

And yes, we should be able to disable all helms not just our own, because talk about ruining immersion.
  14. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I personally like the "stupid hats" but having the option to switch them all off for players who don't like them would be a nice feature I think.
  15. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

No way should they be turned off for other players to see yours. I only wear a hat to cover up the spakcrapular hair style my ranger has had for the last 20 years. Be nice if she could have a pony like chanters or even like human pallys. But this bowl cut pugsley adams style needs to be covered.
    Gyurika Godofwar and svann like this.
  16. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Yep. That seems like a great solution.

I don't care enough to complain about it, but I don't care for it. I get some people find it funny. Not for me is all.
    Skuz likes this.
  17. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I like some but I don't like all, same as some of the weapon ornaments and mounts, they feel out of place.
    Nadisia, Nniki and Skuz like this.
  18. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I wonder if they took out the hat because it: (1) hurts immersion/roleplaying and (2) pushes "American exceptionalism" (which I am personally fine with but may offend players in other countries).

Perhaps, they could put the hat in Freeport or Qeynos colors?
    Nadisia likes this.
  19. Monkman Augur

I do agree the option to disable others hats would be a welcome adjustment.

I’m not a fan of all HF hat options, the top hats and brewers/bowlers hats are just kinda whatever, but the beta helms and special event (quarm hat) are pretty cool... the evil eye ornament is pretty sweet too.

They really missed an opportunity to revamp the velious helms when they released the heritage crates and it’s probably way too late to modify that.
  20. Nadisia Augur

Yep, this one ticks the 2 boxes : it's totally out of context for a medieval fantasy game, and it's way too much "Murican" stuff.
    And for my personnal taste, I can add : it's freakin' ugly :D

Side question : Are there any '"invisible/transparent/non-visible" Hero's Forge helms in game?
    I know we can hide the helm in the game options, but it doesn't work for the character selection screen.

Honestly, some helms are pretty cool (For instance, I like the wood elf plate helm), but some are really atrocious.
    I'm tired to see my casters with their stupid bowls on their heads :p
    Benito likes this.