TLP upon reaching Live Status

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Skuz, Aug 4, 2020.

1. Buster_Shruggs Augur

NO!!! :eek:
    Drain the swamp!
  2. FranktheBank Augur

AoCs is pretty big. Considering that on Xegony I still can't find like any luclin mobs up lol
    HoodenShuklak, Skuz and Funky like this.
  3. Funky Augur

nor most velious mobs.

haven't seen woushi in 10+ years.
    Skuz likes this.
  4. Kiaro Augur

Not their fault she attacks people 30 levels higher than her when they port in. Stupid dragon.

On to the original point of the thread though.

I hope they merge them all into Phinigel.

AoCs and Truebox
    Selo's increased XP rate.
    Option to roll 1 heroic character per account (once it catches live)
    No Xfers from.
    Maintain premium only status.

This would give a BIG driving point for people to roll there.

As the other Truebox TLPs catch up to live, merge them into it.
    HoodenShuklak and Funky like this.
  5. Darchon_Xegony Augur

There is no point to keep Truebox at live, of all the rulesets to consider for a dumping group server for TLP servers, Truebox is the one thing that shouldn't be included.
    Skuz likes this.
  6. Captain Video Augur

There has been a lot of dev resistance to enabling pre-PoP AoC's on Live, due to anxiety over the performance impact. If they leave all those AoCs up on a TLP when it reaches Live, it will be an interesting test. However, the codebase as it stands will get rid of those AoCs automatically when the server no longer has its "TLP" flag set.
  7. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I gotta ask if you can point to a credible source for this information or you just made it up.
  8. Tweakfour17 Augur

Especially since according to Dreamweaver "truebox" is also more than just a simple flag I'd be willing to bet most thing we'd assume are a simple 1 or 0 in an .ini file are way more complex.
  9. Captain Video Augur

Sorry, but I'm not going to search the forums for this. There have been dozens of dev posts in the Veteran's forum about how the AoCs are set up in the codebase, and why the ones in early content on the TLP servers don't work on Live. Truebox settings are a different story; that logic is purposefully kept secret (although much has obviously been deduced by some players). Feel free to post these questions in the Veteran's forum, where they more properly belong anyway, and see if you can get a non-Prathun dev response. And then feel free to flame me if I am contradicted.
  10. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

I'm actually surprised more people on Live didn't switch to Test to take advantage of AoCs. Maybe an issue with their addons not patching as fast?
  11. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

That's a total cop-out & I would say that the bulk of posts related to AoC wouldn't even be made in the Veteran's forum to begin with, but in the TLP one.

EDIT: I did actually just run several search queries in the veteran forum, lots of players suggesting it would be nice to add them to live servers, nada on any dev posts about them there, maybe someone else is better at EQ forum search than me, but so far, no dice hombre.

Also you recently said:

And that was pretty much straight up BS, so you aren't exactly on form for accurate statements in my view & was why I was so doubtful you were speaking from knowledge here.

I'm going to put you on my "doesn't know what he is talking about" list.
    Nolrog likes this.
  12. ForumBoss Augur

I know, right. Technically DPG *could* wipe or roll back the test server, so maybe people are afraid of the permanency. The economy is crap, but if enough people played there, it would be a non issue.

I've considered moving off tlp to fv when selos ends to buy some toys, then test copy for a free sandbox mmo with Aoc and geared boxes. Only the FV server really seems interesting or superior to test as far as live servers go.
  13. Captain Video Augur

If you play on Test, keep your eyes open on the General channel, as some of the regulars will periodically /testcopy some goodies and then give them away, first come first served. Other than that, there isn't any economy to speak of, the bazaar will be virtually empty compared to a blue server.
  14. Captain Video Augur

OK.
  15. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Test lag is the worst lag. That is why no one plays on test.
  16. Numiko Augur

reading some peoples posts in this thread I get reminded of this guy ....

[IMG]
  17. That0neguy Augur

Phinny would get merged into Selo since we hit live first ;)
    Skuz likes this.
  18. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Selo does indeed hit live first.

How the merges go is anyone's guess though, first to hit live might not be the deciding factor.
    Whatever happens I guarantee a bunch of people will be happy & a bunch won't be.

So long as the players get an option to free transfer all characters they have off to a live server of their choice prior to any mergers I'll be okay with it.

Worst case scenario for me is no free transfers at all, there are simply not enough European players remaining on the older TLP to make it worth sticking on the server once it hits live even if they were all merged together, and the chances they get merged with a lower population live USA server are high which doesn't help the EU players one iota either.
  19. Raytheon Augur

If Daybreak would start a new EQ2 TLE server about 4 months after Phinigel hits live, that would be great, mmmkay?
  20. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Pretty sure EQ 2 has a fairly insignificant effect upon EQ players for the most part.
    Thalliius likes this.