Rizlona Bots vs Aradune Real Players

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by I'm Not A Robot, Aug 4, 2020.

1. I'm Not A Robot Lorekeeper

Having leveled up a few times now on both Aradune and Rizlona, I can safely say that the bots in my group on Rizlona play EverQuest better than 95% of the real players I've grouped with on Aradune.
    Genoane and RizLoaner like this.
  2. Foaming I Drank Bleach IRL Once

I won't hide behind a new name and say without a doubt my boxes out play a very large percentage of real players I've come across. I'm also not surprised by this because when I'm boxing I'm giving EQ my full undivided attention, my group is highly optimized for adps and synergy, and I'm controlling every aspect of a fight so there are no unknown variables popping up because say a player aggro'd the nearby pack accidently for the 4th time in a hour.
    mark and code-zero like this.
  3. AoEBox Elder

I agree with Foaming!
    Having a 6 box on Rizlona I can easily say my group out performs majority of the players on Aradune.
    Top 5 reasons:

1) Less AFK's
    2) Buff retention
    3) DPS
    4) Coordination
    5) Accountability!
    mark likes this.
  4. Healiez Augur

Not to mention EQ is NOT a hard game, especially early one.

Most people playing one toon are also watching netflix, playing something on another monitor, etc etc.

They are constantly distracted and if they are giving EQ more then 50% of their focus I would be amazed.
    Ulain likes this.
  5. Timgrok New Member

Aradune real players have to learn how to pull. Chain pulling is pretty much nonexistent. They wait until the mob is dead, scratch their for 30 seconds then run to go find a new mob. Never keep track of timers. Pull in no logical order at camps either.
  6. Healiez Augur

Yah pulling is an art form.

A good puller can easily double or more the exp your group is taking in. Especially if they dont mind missing the occasional exp kill.

Couple that with a good enchanter, so the puller doesnt have to worry about bringing more then 2-3 at a time and its insane.

What cracks me up is pullers who insist on being "UbEr LEezOR" and will sit there for an extra minute making sure they only bring in singles.

Not saying everyone does this, but finding a great puller seems to be akin to winning the lottery.
  7. AoEBox Elder

Good Enchanter will do both - pull , park , pull , park repeat and rarely miss exp.
  8. mark Augur

in the hole when i had 6 different classes i would pull up to 4 mobs including a golem or 2 at the time easily ,what slows me down its not enough mana regen even with pots and clarity and the constant rebuffing mage damage shield etc cant wait for group spells all around.
  9. Healiez Augur

Even pulling aggressively with clarity and bard mana song it has to be a real dooker to stretch the groups mana thin.

But yah, I cant wait for group buffs, me and the brother each 6 box and buffing is such a chore.
  10. Truetotheblue Augur

One thing that helps a ton with your mana is using the right Mez. Mesmerize if you gauge your kill speed right, and enthrall are much more Mana efficient once you get in the groove. Sitting when you have a bunch in camp helps a lot too. I constantly play the Mana game but never really have to sit and wait for it. As long as I'm actively trying to mitigate how much I'm using smartly I can generally keep up the pace without stopping.
  11. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

You all sound like a bunch of folks patting themselves on the back a wee bit too hard, you really should just buy a large poster of yourselves & hang it on the wall to admire.

Narcissism on a grand scale going on here, and looking down on players who aren't boxing *cough* or using 3rd party programs - the scripts for which none of you probably had even 0.1% involvement in creating makes you look pretty snooty.

I 3 box on a truebox server myself & while I consider myself a fairly competent boxer at least I don't go making bogus self-congratulatory threads to say well done me.
    Corydon, CokaSZ and Rizlowned like this.
  12. Rizlowned Lorekeeper

what is this thread even? jesus, go to a live server and get humbled quick...
    Skuz likes this.
  13. Xunil Darkwood New Member

This right here. It doesn't take a lot of game skill to run a scripted program that controls the toons for you.
    Skuz likes this.
  14. RizLoaner Elder

If you think you need to do anything more than hit 3 buttons and make an assist key for the majority of eq content that's kinda funny.
  15. Fluid Augur

Overall the poor players in the min maxer equation are few and far between. IMO Mostly it is someone trying out a new character type that they haven't run before. Things like an Enchanter that doesn't tash the MOBs in a heavily caster loaded group do pop up, it is just that when I tried to think of one it went back to my Mangler days. Ditto for someone trying to charm the toughest MOB in a zone vs something that won't break charm.

I'm definitely one of the players who doesn't box well. A bit of lag, a click that doesn't register, I start scanning my Ranger's spell icons for Mez or Evac while my crew dies. My SOP when it hits the fan is to just hit the autorun key and point the character to the wide open space while I try to decide what to do. I've run characters across entire zones and lost aggro it took so long to figure out a strategy and put the right character for the job on the front burner. I mean I can macro well enough to have a Ranger cast a couple of DOTs and snares, and start autofire with a single keystroke. Problem come when I get tossed a curve like someone trains me or a really bad pull: I don't just suck, I suck hard. :)
  16. Thez69 Elder

well yea the automation programs wouldnt be controversial if they werent effective

for me it just isnt a fun way to play the game but if its your thing god bless
  17. Sillyfish Elder

Have fun playing EQ by yourself.

That sounds completely pointless and boring to me imo.
    Asfa likes this.
  18. RizLoaner Elder

there are plenty of people who play together on Rizlona in the group game and tackling raid targets. There are quite a few guilds of people who don't box or box 2-3 at most who are thriving. It seems that Aradune is the home of the Karen and the underachievers. Boxers > Karendunians any day of the week. [IMG]
  19. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

VS

=

[IMG]

AKA - GTFU
    RizLoaner likes this.
  20. Ghilran Lorekeeper

/wave Deeznubs

He may sound like an but he's actually one of the nicest players I've ever met :D

So yeah, 95% of all players are trash yet 100% of the guys in this topic are pro gamers.
    Not saying it's impossible, but at some point the math will stop to make sense.
    Skuz likes this.