Guy 54 boxing on Mangler selling raid loot openly, isnt this a truebox server?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by GeneticsBoss, Jul 26, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jeskola pheerie

1.) The name is JChan
    2.) The syntax would be @name not #name
    3.) That feature does not exist here
    KimchiGoddess likes this.
  2. Xeris Augur

Lol... Ok boomer?!
    jeskola likes this.
  3. ForumNugget Journeyman

Just stop. You keep digging yourself down a deeper hole by defending a cheater by basically saying, "Just because he knows how to cheat, and you don't, then git gud n00b or leave." This attitude is terrible for the game and helps nothing.
    Thisthingon? likes this.
  4. Xeris Augur

What hole am I digging lol? Like I said... If your problem is just that he's cheating, then fine. Would EQ be better if there weren't people who break the rules? Sure. I don't think anyone seriously would complain if all the botters/scripters got banned.

However, the argument of: "just remove truebox then" is bad. That's like saying because some people get away with tax fraud then we should have NOBODY pay taxes... No. Then the whole system breaks down. In EQ if you don't want truebox play Rizlona.

Given the reality that daybreak isn't taking action against these guys, and ultimately they aren't actually doing very much bad- this guy is literally providing players the opportunity to get extra gear for a cost, he's providing a service that people want. So, more power to him in this world.
  5. ForumNugget Journeyman

You are right. This person is a true saint. EQ would definitely benefit more if we had more altruists like him running around.

That's the hole you are digging. It sounds absolutely ridiculous, and you keep digging it further.
  6. Tweakfour17 Augur

I mean... He's not wrong, clearly this is a service at least some people want or he'd run out of krono from trying to sub 54 acts with no one buying the loot
    People keep buying, he'll keep selling. For every person who complains about it, at least 1 is happy to buy that 1 piece of chase loot that doesn't drop on their raids or they don't have the dkp for or helps them gear up an alt or box. To each their own I guess
  7. RizLoaner Elder

This guy 54 boxing is truly a truebox hero. Maybe they should make a wandering mob with his name in Qeynos Hills to commemorate.
  8. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

If he stuck exclusively to instances then I'd agree with you. He'd just be providing a service that players can choose to utilize or not. He's obviously cheating to do so, and that's another discussion, but he would not really be interfering with regular players if he stuck to instances. However his automated team also tackles open world content - he did open world elementals in PoP, and currently does open world Qvic and Txevu spawns, and he sells the loot rights. This interferes with law-abiding players hitting those same open world targets with their law-abiding guildmates. This will continue for RSS king/queen I'm sure. I know Darkpaw doesn't want to lose the revenue he is generating, but such blatant cheating should really be dealt with.
  9. RizLoaner Elder

If a "law-abiding guild" want's kills DBG has put in place a mechanism to promote that. The guild that does the most damage gets the loot. If you can't form a raid that can do more dps than a guy who is "cheating" (unfounded and no evidence provided) then you probably don't deserve the open world loot. If guilds want to compete they can compete, if you don't compete the only one taking loot away from your guild is inaction or unwillingness to compete.
  10. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

I'm very confident he isn't actually selling much, the prices the guy is ask for stuff is like 5x what we would ask for when kill the stuff with small raids on Phinny. The guy is either on Lifetime accounts or is selling the toons on a 3rd party site
  11. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Competing against other guilds playing their own characters is totally fine, and that is part of the game. Win some, lose some, git gud and do more damage, etc. That's all an accepted part of open world competition. Nobody should have to compete for raid content against obviously automated armies run by 1-4 people on a Truebox server. If you want evidence just hang out and watch :)
  12. Xeris Augur

I never said he was a saint. I'd be happier if DBG banned people who cheat/automate things. But I don't let those people impact my enjoyment of the game, just like some scummy rich people exploiting tax loopholes to not pay taxes doesn't affect how I live my life. Those guys are , but the world is full of them. I like playing EQ and some dude who wants to automate raids and sell LR has no impact on me.

Also: who cares if he kills OW content. There's always one guild or group that dominates OW content on every TLP... On Mangler it happens to be a box crew, no different than Faceless or RI or TEB or any other big OW guild. If you wanna take OW content organize your guilds and win DPS races, or just don't go after OW content.

The fact that raids are instanced means you never have to contest OW content and engage with players if you don't want to.
  13. RizLoaner Elder

Nobody has posted any evidence of obvious automation and nobody can prove they aren't trueboxing ala sam the man deathwalker. If Sam Deathwalker can truebox in the early 2000's I'm pretty sure a few enterprising friends can easily truebox 20 years later. If you don't want to compete there are AoC's for gear, if you can't compete then don't complain and just do AoC's.
  14. Phased Sullon Zek Lorekeeper

Sam was on team easy on my server and he was terrible, he regularly got himself PK'd by solo players. He sure as hell wasn't capable of boxing a raid.
  15. Accipiter Old Timer

Agree. He was infamous. He wasn't good. He did have some sort of setup where he could control all the boxes with one keyboard, though. I asked him about it once on The Steel Warrior. He gave some vague answer like, "I can't tell you but I'm sure you can figure it out." Back then it was probably a radio keyboard with all of the clients using the same frequency/channel.
  16. Gherig Addicted since Aug 1st, 1998

One does not invoked the name of The Myth, The Man, The Legend of "The Great Sam Deathwalker" without the requisite photo of the legend himself.

[IMG]

The Multibox Godfather with 1500lbs of computer CRT's and hardware since 1999!!
    RizLoaner likes this.
  17. Xhartor Augur

Would that actually help?

7 months ago, a thread was posted on the forums about this same box crew that included a video, and action was never taken. It also had a mirrored post on reddit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/mangler/comments/e9xs4j/baguettes_box_crew_on_mangler/

It's a serial cheater, the GM's have the ability gather the evidence they need. Which leave everyone why that don't.
  18. RizLoaner Elder

Clearly the GM's investigated and found no wrongdoing as this player has been playing the past 7 months with what I'm sure is plenty of petitions in the meantime. If this post dedicated the this individual(s) is any marker of things in game it's a lot of complaining and really no evidence of wrongdoing from DBG's side of things.
  19. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anal_retentiveness#:~:text=From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia,term derives from Freudian psychoanalysis.

This is the part you know you need to log out of the forums.
  20. Gnothappening Augur

Not saying the guy isn't cheating, as he probably is. The thing is, that video was horrible. It honestly looked like the guild of "normal players" was trying to ks the box crew. Maybe it was when the video started or the video missed something, but it looked like the box crew had engaged AoW first and the other guild tried to steal aggro and then eventually just swarmed him when they couldn't.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.