ToFS Merc Quests

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Runcible, Jun 24, 2020.

1. Lianeb Augur

That intersection is a pain.

But to help....all mobs run West through that intersection. It’s almost like there is no east path through it for the mobs. You can be standing on the east side of that armor and walk up and smack him standing next to him and all the mobs including him will path around the big loop to get to you.
    svann likes this.
  2. Runcible Journeyman

One final update and this is really more towards those looking to obtain all the ToFS keys than just complete the merc quests (which only require access up to floor 5). After what seems like forever, ive just today acquired the ToFS mirror room key (which means you can jump to any floor instantly rather than having to snake your way up each floor, assuming you have all the floor keys previously). As a 115 mage, I was able to molo keys to floors 2 - 5 without too much difficulty. The key to floor 6 required me to add an enchanter to my group as I needed crowd control, but the duo was np. Same said for the key to floor 7. As a mage/enchanter duo it wasnt too hard to get. With that said, the mirror room (spare key) was way tougher than i expected. First, to get up to the key holder, there are multiple mobs near each other that either see INV or INVU so without the enchanter calming things allowing the mage to run past, Im not sure how I could have even pathed through the zone. Once up in the mirror room, I setup shop and with the enchanter calming things, I could single pull the placeholder (a restless tutor) with no problem. Eventually the key holder (Ascendant Svartmane) spawns. Again, with the enchanter calming, I could single pull the Ascendant Svartmane to the mirror room to fight without an issue, but to me this was a really tough fight. I added another mage to my group (so running two 115 mages with earth pets, the 115 enchanter with pet, 2 merc clerics and 1 merc dps) and I still wiped twice. Ive seen others say this fight isnt tough, but man it was tough for me without an actual player tank (only relying on the mage pets). The fight always started off pretty well, but when it got down to half its hp, it seems like i was having to spam the pet heal just to help the merc clerics keep up. Ultimately I was able to win the fight, but there is no way in the world i could have done it with just one mage and the enchanter duo. Maybe others with better gear and skills than me could pull that off.

Anyway, hope this post has/will help others who are working on obtaining the keys and completing ToFS quests.

Take care everyone.
  3. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Double invis trick works if you can pull it off. Invis from Mage and IVU from chanter. You could have easily run the mage with IVU and Invis and cohed the chanter. :)
  4. Runcible Journeyman

Wow, is that a thing? If so, then I feel pretty stupid. Will have to try that tonight.
  5. Nadisia Augur

Yep, it's possible.
    You need to start casting the regular invis 1st, and while the 1st character is still casting, start casting the IVU with the 2nd character.
    And always in that order (invis 1st, IVU second) because IVU doesn't overwrite invis, but invis overwrites IVU.
    With some practice, it's pretty easy.

You only need to cast in sync if you want the stack on both characters at the same time.
    If you only want IVU+Invis on the mage, cast Invis with mage, the IVU with chanter, and the mage will get the 2 invis stacked.

Or for easy mode, get a bard, with Shauri's Sonorous Clouding Rk III AA (EoK lvl 110 AA).
    It's a stacked IVU + Invis + Levitation, 3 separate buffs (but not permanent), instant cast.
    So no need to cast in sync with 2 characters ;)
  6. Zynt Augur

Firstly, I want to thank you for this write up. I'm a solo Nec finishing up the Merc quests for the earring quests. I got lucky on the 2nd floor key as the key holder popped on my third kill. I just did the roamer and the room since I've got root. 3rd floor key was a little tougher, ended up using the /target # trick, found the mob in the middle of a bunch of other mobs right by the mirror to the 3rd floor. I had to use root, swarm pets off-tanking, and undead mez but I got that done. I'm about to start on the 4th floor key set of turn-ins. I'm 90% into 115, we'll see where I'm at when I'm finished.