PoP Flagging Help

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Zeelot, Aug 4, 2020.

1. Zeelot Elder

I have been having an issue with PoP flagging on a char and would appreciate some assistance if anyone is able to help.

After cross referencing my guided meditation with various guides, they all seem to say that the only thing I am missing is Sol Ro kill. But the issue is that I have the Sol Ro flag from killing him.

I have also tried to say "what lore" "what information" to Maelin, but the response he gives to both phrases is exactly the same: " Maelin tells you, 'As I have told you, you must retrieve the elemental essence from each elemental plane so that we can activate the machine in the Plane of Innovation that will open a portal into the shard of time that Zebuxoruk is held.'"

Guided meditation returns the following:
    [Tue Aug 04 14:54:43 2020] You say, 'Guide my meditation.'
    [Tue Aug 04 14:54:44 2020] Learning of Zebuxoruk's fate, the only way to save him is gather materials that will allow you to power up the machine to send you into the Plane of Time. Maelin has charged you with finding an elemental power source sufficient to activate Meldrath's time machine.
    [Tue Aug 04 14:54:44 2020] The Cipher of the Divine Language appears on your arms for a brief moment then fades.
    [Tue Aug 04 14:54:44 2020] You have completed all of Honor's Trials.
    [Tue Aug 04 14:54:44 2020] You have bested Aerin`Dar and proven yourself honorable enough to pass into Mithaniel's Halls.
    [Tue Aug 04 14:54:44 2020] Mavuin is grateful to you for taking his case before the Tribunal. The information provided to you, that Mithaniel Marr and Karana carry information you should seek, could be quite useful.
    [Tue Aug 04 14:54:44 2020] Tylis has been removed from his agony.
    [Tue Aug 04 14:54:44 2020] Saved from a world of eternal nightmares, Thelin is forever in your debt.
    [Tue Aug 04 14:54:44 2020] Saved from certain doom, Milyk and Adler are forever in your debt.
    [Tue Aug 04 14:54:44 2020] Now that Grummus has been destroyed, the entrance to the Crypt of Bertoxxulous should open before your might.
    [Tue Aug 04 14:54:44 2020] The portal into the Plane of Fire has been altered. Miak needs you to find the correct way to channel the portal.
    [Tue Aug 04 14:54:44 2020] Arlyxir's wealth of knowledge flows through your mind.
    [Tue Aug 04 14:54:44 2020] Jiva's strength fills your body.
    [Tue Aug 04 14:54:44 2020] The power of Dresolik surges through you.
    [Tue Aug 04 14:54:44 2020] Rizlona's song slips through your thoughts.
    [Tue Aug 04 14:54:44 2020] Xuzl's arcane wisdom pulses in your mind.
    [Tue Aug 04 14:54:44 2020] The parchments of Rallos are scribed in a language that you cannot comprehend; they do however have detailed drawings of the manaetic behemoth that you have already destroyed.
    [Tue Aug 04 14:54:44 2020] You remember Nitram's words - 'three small turns to the right on the bottommost rivet should open the door'.
  2. Dibab Augur

3. Zeelot Elder

Thanks. I have been following these guides and other guides, but I cannot determine what is missing. For some reason, no matter what I try, I stilt get the text "The portal into the Plane of Fire has been altered. Miak needs you to find the correct way to channel the portal."
  4. Mikana Augur

5. Zeelot Elder

I tried that as well. Pasting the log text in gives a result that I only need to kill Solusek Ro. But since I already killed Solusek Ro it doesn't add up.
  6. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I use this other site that might be helpful for you too: https://www.theclenchedfist.com/Content/pa=showpage/pid=10.html

If you put a check in the box where it says "Received Plane of Fire Preflag by hailing Miak the Searedsoul and following conversation to conclusion ("portal's destination")." then those steps following it pop up - maybe a firepot was not clicked at the end of one of them? So this is what it shows:

Temple of Solusek Ro (Flag only)

Access to the Lair of Solusek Ro
    Access to Tier B Elemental Plane (Fire; Charm upgrade and AA)
    Received Plane of Fire Preflag by hailing Miak the Searedsoul and following conversation to conclusion ("portal's destination").
    The portal into the Plane of Fire has been altered. Miak needs you to find the correct way to channel the portal.
    Arlyxir defeated and firepot portal clicked.
    Arlyxir's wealth of knowledge flows through your mind.
    Dresolik defeated and firepot poral clicked.
    The power of Dresolik surges through you.
    Jiva defeated and firepot portal clicked.
    Jiva's strength fills your body.
    Rizlona defeated and firepot poral clicked.
    Rizlona's song slips through your thoughts.
    Xuzl defeated and firepot poral clicked.
    Xuzl's arcane wisdom pulses in your mind.
    Solusek Ro defeated and Planar Projection hailed.
    Besting the Burning Prince proves your might, but you still must prove your warrior's spiri
  7. Zeelot Elder

All firepots were clicked :( Guided meditation shows all 5 of the mini boss' text also
  8. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Did you try to do unlock memories and guided meditation?

The former will complete some flags if you did them out of order and have checklist flags. The later shows you all of the completed flags.

Based on the messages you have from guided meditation, you are missing Solusek Ro for some reason. Either you didn't hail the Planar Projection after killing Solusek, you did but you killed him before doing the minis, or maybe you didn't go down the tube to fire to complete the flag (this was always questionable whether it mattered but best to not chance it)
  9. Lianeb Augur

I took your logfile and ran it through http://www.alkabor.com/flags.html and it also says you need to SolRo.
    When you killed him did you exit through the portal that opens to the plane of fire?
    If not i don't believe you get credit.
    CrazyLarth, Annastasya and Skuz like this.
  10. Zeelot Elder

Tried unlock memories of course, but it doesn't give anything else.

I killed Solusek Ro twice, the second time the planar projection did not respond to hail since I had the flag already. However, I never went down the portal into plane of fire. I read about that today so I zoned into Doomfire from plane of tranquility to see if that changed anything and nothing happened.
  11. Darchon_Xegony Augur

You need to zone into Doomfire from Solusek Ro's chamber. The big seal at the click in spot, where the planar projection spawns, will open to a giant lava tube which you can swim down to zone into PoFire. Typically it was general practice in my guild on the Mac server to always zone into PoFire after hailing the projection through this lava tube. Granted we had the very alpha PoP flagging system over there so maybe it isn't required on Live currently.
    Skuz likes this.
  12. Sobmre Augur

yeah i think you have to zone into fire from solro's chamber after he is dead to complete the flag.
    Skuz likes this.
  13. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

^This

I'm pretty certain it's one of a few "invisible" flag parts to the PoP-flagging process, I seem to recall there being a few of these type of actions required.
  14. Dibab Augur

Also a few years ago when i did PoP flagging out of boredom, I ran into a bug where all my hails flags etc were in place but it wasnt saying i was properly elemental flagged regardless. I petitioned with proof of conflicting flags and a guide or GM was able to fix it. Not sure if this is the issue but maybe itll help
  15. Zeelot Elder

Going down the firetube after killing Sol Ro did the trick! Thanks for the help
    Fanra, Mikana, Bigstomp and 3 others like this.
  16. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Grats :)
  17. Dibab Augur

Gratz
  18. Bigstomp Augur

I had a similar issue not long ago. And it was really start from the beginning and step by step being careful.