Not A Bug Master Jeweler Test - Polished Quartz Ring

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Glauberite, Aug 3, 2020.

1. Glauberite New Member

Event Coordinator Baublie Diggs will assign you a task dependent on your skill. The levels appear to be Beginner (50-99), Apprentice (100-149), Freshman (150-199), Journeyman (200-249), Expert (250-299), Master (300).

Since I had a skill of 300 I received the Master Jeweler Test. My last combine was to create a Gold Polished Quartz Ring. Ring created. However the quest did not update. My quest shows 0/1 Create 1 Gold Polished Quartz Ring.

CS could not update the quest for me. (I have the ring in my inventory). Since there is no flag when the quest is completed, only a trophy, I asked CS to just provide me with the Trophy. CS said only the devs can help with this. So i am stuck, no Trophy, and that will hinder me going forward with Rallos Zek earring.
    Also, when the bug gets fixed, that still may not help, because redoing the combine is an issue (polished quartz can be foraged, gl with that!)
  2. Qbert Gallifreyan

Which version of the ring did you create? You need to create the one that does NOT use enchanted metal.
  3. Lianeb Augur

I just did this last week and it worked fine. Are you sure you made the non-enchanted version of the ring?
  4. Glauberite New Member

Qbert, Lianeb
    Absolutely correct. I used an enchanted gold bar. I opened up my jewelry kit, and it showed just that. I tried it again with just a gold bar, got a polished quartz ring, and the quest updated. I do not think an Enchanted Gold Polished Quartz Ring exists. I still created a Gold Polished Quartz Ring. The polished quartz was not cheap (lucky I bought two). Forget about trying to forage them. Thank again.
  5. Glauberite New Member

On second thought, you should not have the ability to combine an enchanted gold bar and a polished quartz. An error message should ensue. I was able to create the same item - Gold Polished Quartz Ring as if the correct combine (gold bar). Or the devs allow for either combine - the end result was the same- I create an item that the quest required. I feel this is a possible bug.
  6. Glauberite New Member

Update,
    1) Judge will not accept the wrong ring, it will be handed back.
    2) recipie does calls for non-enchanted...with a note (Allitems must be made with non-enchanted material)....after doing 100s of combines, there is an opportunity to put the wrong item, too little of an item, too much of an item, but you get the fail safe error message. I wish it happened here!
  7. Soulbanshee Augur

Not a bug, 2 items with the same name, one has stats one doesn't, both are valid items. Mastery tests were created with all existing items in game, not recipes specifically created for the task.

https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=35281
    https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=23350
    CatsPaws likes this.
  8. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Yeah, not a bug - and on progression servers - from a patch in 2018:

*** Progression Servers ***

- Replaced recipes in the following tradeskill tests with recipes that are available by Prophecy of Ro:
    - - -For the Jewelcraft tests, replaced Velium Practice Earring with Gold Polished Quartz Ring,

It can be handy working skill ups also
  9. Glauberite New Member

Thanks for all this education. I never thought of right clicking on the ring. When I do, there are stats. Also under the lore tab, it says Enchanted GQR
    Thanks again. The good news is I got the Trophy, applied the certificate and found out my JC skill is 336.
    Skuz likes this.
  10. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Player's helping each other showed that this is not a bug.
    Yinla, Duder and Skuz like this.
  11. Glauberite New Member

Agreed, I am quite impressed with the help that i have received, and the knowledge here. BTW, JC skill is not 336. I did not realize that the trophy mod, in this instance, added the other 36. On my way to 350 now.
    Ngreth Thergn, Yinla and Skuz like this.