Cannot Cancel Membership

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Dmitry, Aug 1, 2020.

1. Dmitry Elder

Seems pretty scammy that the Membership page lost it's cancel button. I want to cancel my memberships and yet there is no way to do it.
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Yeah, they knew you wanted out. :eek:

Like tons of other issues the last 2 months - the account management page is also not working correctly it seems. I tried a few different browsers but they are not populating all the options.

If your using Krono then just don't add anymore.

If your using credit card see if you can get into the payment information area and remove your card info. Kinda drastic and might get you banned.

Best off is to just file a petition. But I bet you waited till the last minute huh?;) It may take a few days for them to get to it.

Keep in mind that if you call your bank and tell them not to allow any charges then there is a high possibility of never getting your account back. DBG frowns on having charges reversed since it looks like fraud.
  3. Wanton New Member

They also like to take money for digital purchases then not give you the item, and when you contact them about it they tell you it failed and the money was returned when it wasn't and your still out the money you paid
  4. Zilendar New Member

This is disheartening. I rage quit 4-5 times per year. How can I achieve rage quit completion without the opportunity to refuse submitting my membership retention survey????? :oops:
  5. Nennius Curmudgeon

It's not quite the same, but perhaps this could help.

[IMG]
  6. Xyphen Maximum Augur

It's still there. It's the grey Cancel Membership text to the left of the Upgrade Membership button. Click that.[IMG]

And yes, they do this intentionally so that you'll give up.
  7. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

It shows for you but it is not showing for OP and it is not showing correctly on 8 of my accounts. I am not looking to cancel but it does back up OP that the page is not working right.

All I see is a big orange BACK button. Which I assume OP also sees. The payment history and other info does show correctly which is why I suggested he delete the payment info.
    minimind likes this.
  8. Dmitry Elder

It showed up for one of my accounts this morning but not two others. This is Better Business Bureau stuff. So scammy.
    CatsPaws likes this.
  9. Delacroix Journeyman

I don't see any cancel button either. It's clearly broken.
    minimind and CatsPaws like this.
  10. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Something definatly up with the EQ site today, I have a guildie who wants to pay his subscription but it won't go through, he isn't a happy bunny not being all access.
    minimind likes this.
  11. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

Clear your browser. Use your mobile device to log in perhaps?
    Why you leaving?

12. minimind The Village Idiot

Yep. Something's buggy. The only thing showing under the Membership Info page for me (on Firefox, Chrome, and Edge) is an orange "Back" button.

It's broken, not scammy.
  13. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Yinla likes this.
  14. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Try using a different browser. Not that you should have to do this but it might bring the cancel link back.
  15. Xyphen Maximum Augur

Showed up fine when I cleared my cache.
    Thoir and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  16. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

Edit out "QUIT" and put in " PIZZA"
  17. Zamiam Augur

this is one reason I switched to using kronos on my accounts .. I control completely when I want to give DB my money .. and when I want to cancel .. I have so many accounts and I dont have all my accounts all access all the time.

Its happened where ive had 3 or 4 of them all access and i'll cancel 1 or 2 and the other 2 i'll forget about either cause I did a 3 or 6 month membership and forget to cancel then when that account comes back up I think its gonna be a 1 mo membership and they charge me for 6 mo ouch !! so now I just use Krono easier for me to remember ..

I know thats my bad , but at my age I forget all the time ..