Guy 54 boxing on Mangler selling raid loot openly, isnt this a truebox server?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by GeneticsBoss, Jul 26, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ExoticCheese Journeyman

54 accounts from a single person is a lot of money for DPG. If he were paying the monthly sub, DPG would be getting $810/month from him. If he paid for 54 lifetime accounts @ $300 each, that's $16,200. This doesn't include anything he buys for DB Cash.

At that amount of money from a single player, I'd just leave him alone if he wasn't bothering anyone. I honestly don't understand why a 54 boxer who is selling raid loot to other players is offending people. Boxers (and raid guilds) have been selling raid loot since EQ was born.

What's the big deal?
  2. bigmikey New Member

Its a shame that he sells loot, and its a shame that people keep in him business. I've been playing for a few months now and him selling it has never effected me.

Come on folks, we all know what this is. Its RMT farm on an old game and the guy found a grey area to do it in. People don't box that many characters for fun on a daily basis, and people pay real money for game money all the time.
  3. Thisthingon? New Member

Never said I was upset and I do enjoy the game but that doesn't mean Darkpaw should let these RMT players rule the TLP servers every time .... people are quick to say DPS race them and stop complaining but they pretty much play 24/7 using programs that play their boxes like mercs ( so were suppose to try and out dps a computer program playing for them because they have no boxing skills other then using cheats? ) and Darkpaw slaps them on the hand unless they don't reply to tells but most of them cycle out people to play the same boxes so they can always reply and most of them use (will not say) a program that sends them a text to their phone to let them know anyways
  4. Aneuren Tempered Steel

Speaking only for myself, I really do not care what he boxes or what he obtains.

My frustration is that I have to suffer these ludicrous Truebox restrictions on my three characters that are supposedly "saving" us from the mass boxers.
    Bobbybick, jeskola and Thisthingon? like this.
  5. Thisthingon? New Member

I agree and that was my main point, they're applying this Truebox promise that has clearly failed unless the point of it was to give botters who cheat using programs to play for them, so they can RMT krono then it was a success! Just remove the truebox and stop giving these guys the upper hand... What is right about making a "true" boxer buy multi pc's/laptops just to be able to have a small chance to compete with these guys? The truly sad part is players have been complaining about this from day one and Daybreak/Darkpaw chooses to ignore and bury it but I guess that's what happens when you bring the same guys running these crews for krono farming to RMT it and players working as dev's for the cheating programs into meetings to talk about the next plans for TLP's
  6. FranktheBank Augur

The Performer event sends out the same number of emotes whether 1 person is doing it or 54. Also, each success heals the performer. So if you have a raid, you an have the successes overcome the failures.

I would still have boxes log out tho =p
  7. Xeris Augur

What truebox restrictions ? You make it seem like this guy has special privileges that you don't. Literally nothing is stopping you from doing exactly what this guy is doing except that: a) maybe you can't afford 54 computers or don't want to ; and b) you don't know HOW to do what he does.

This boxer doesn't have some special deal with DPG that lets him circumvent rules. Literally the only rule that is applied systematically is 1 instance of EQ per computer. Any other restrictions are manually enforced by admins, and DPG has basically decided to let this guy do his thing. Nothing's stopping you from 54 boxing too, except that most likely you don't know how he does it or don't have the know-how to set up such a system yourself.

He's providing extra gear for the server that people otherwise wouldn't have access to, not sure exactly why this is a bad thing other than it offending some people's sensibilities
  8. KnightofTruth Journeyman

Nope. Wrong again.

I'm going to explain to you how this works.

There are about 4 people who have access to this software, and they are all holding hands and not letting anyone else in. what it allows is the ability to multibox on one computer, as well as broadcast commands across all windows, and send commands from the main windows. I used to play with this person. I know whats up. And if you want to question it, I really don't care. I have inside knowledge to know that he is 100% not following the rules, so you can shove it.

Also, Daybreak...*cough* Darkpaw, is letting them get away with it. So if you want to keep playing and just fight over scraps, be my guest. I am sick of it. Have fun getting your bazaar prices get undercut automatically.

Started on Coirnav, they did it on Mangler, and now they do it on Rizlona too. I heard they even have a slight presence on Aradune.

Lol. Screw this game. Played out.
    Thisthingon? likes this.
  9. KnightofTruth Journeyman

Also, the saddest part of all this, is how deceptive of a company Darkpaw Games is. They allow this to all go in, full well knowing whats up. They see the numerous threads about this constantly. I feel sorry for anyone still addicted to this game, because that is all it is, a behavioral addiction. I quit a few months ago, and have been actually living my life. It's disgusting how they just let these people run rampant on the server. If you keep playing, and keep paying, they will keep doing it. I hope others eventually feel the same burnout and decide to quit.

You see the same people, always posting on the forums. You see the same people, always cheating, and you see the same silence from Darktrash games.

#Sirens Grotto Farmer Is SOO SKILLFUL 2019
    Thisthingon? likes this.
  10. Aneuren Tempered Steel

Did you know that at the start of Mangler, many people were using a very particular workaround for VMs to bypass the one-computer-one-account rule? It had to do with inserting a few lines into the program settings and the ini file of VMWare, combined with MAC address falsification. At the start of Luclin, Daybreak unveiled stronger detection capabilities for those using VMs to box their characters. Many people that were using this specific VMWare workaround took suspensions, all at the same time. Many others that used a different workaround continued the same kind of boxing uninterrupted.

At that point, it was already nine months into the server. It took almost a year to figure out how to prevent one single workaround for the Truebox rules, which by the way had been posted on a somewhat popular cheating site, and so was not a great mystery when Daybreak was trying to figure out how to defeat it.

Remember that when you oh-so-casually quip that every mass boxer is playing within the rules with a rack of 54 mini PCs stacked under whatever reinforced structure would be required to support 54 displays.
  11. Tweakfour17 Augur

The guy selling raid loot is the same as the guy farming sirens? Or that's just 2/4 of the guys with this software?
  12. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

You quit "months ago", and are wasting your time reading and posting on these forums, as opposed to "actually living [your] life"?

You're pathetic.
    That1guyy likes this.
  13. Xeris Augur

How am I wrong ...? There's no such thing as only 4 programs. If there's a software solution that these people are using then literally anyone else can also build a software solution to do this. I still fail to see the problem.

Again... If this guy is running more than 1 account per PC, great. If you're bothered by that, then why don't you do it too? Like I said, it's not like these guys have special privileges that nobody else does. They've coded some kind of circumvention , and that ability is free for anyone else to use if they know how.
  14. Thisthingon? New Member

Oh so if people know how to code and write compiles so they can mass bot and work around truebox with VM's on 1 or 2 PC's, it makes it ok because anyone can do it IF THEY KNOW HOW. I really dont care if these guys are cheating but remove truebox then so the non-cheaters don't have to buy 5 laptops and fry like bacon in a room to compete but as history has shown Daybreak will do nothing about it because of the push of krono sells from what these cheaters provide and the fact that they lured people in again with a failed truebox TLP is pretty low of the company
    Aneuren likes this.
  15. Aneuren Tempered Steel

The responses so far:

"It's ok because other people can and should also end-run Truebox the same way this guy does;" and
    "If you're so bothered by somebody circumventing the Truebox rules, go play on a different server without Truebox."

Pathetic.
    Thisthingon? likes this.
  16. Thisthingon? New Member

Probably the same people that gave them a solution to playing on Aradune when the server was full during peak hours, well play in the am then or go to Rizlona! :D
    Aneuren likes this.
  17. Auedar4lyfe New Member

We know statistically that if people care enough to make threads to complain about something, that with enough fist shaking, there is an improved likelihood that it will be at least looked at.

The spirit of the truebox code was to stop people from boxing an army of accounts. Playing on Ragefire and then Lockjaw, it was fun to box a group of 6 without truebox code with ease once everything was set up, that took 1-2 days, since you just need to create macros for each class. I think I remember a guy running a bunch of wizards (20+?) on either Ragefire or Lockjaw so most DPS races went down to if this one individual showed up or not. Sitting for 2 hours to have a raid spawn pop and be taken down in less than a minute to have a race that is decided by 1 individual with many boxes really wasn't all that fun. It created the mentality that your guild ALSO had to have massive boxers in order to compete, since there wasn't any instances.

In DIRECT RESPONSE to Ragefire and Lockjaw and the complaints that arose, the FIRST server to ever have the truebox code as well as instances came into being with Phinigel. The purpose and spirit of that code, to everyone's knowledge and understanding, was to stop single individuals from being able to create an army of accounts. You could still easily box 3-4 accounts with real, separate computers and separate keyboards, since I did regularly. NO ONE IS COMPLAINING about those individuals.

There are people who are abusing the spirit of the truebox ruleset. The purpose of the rule was to stop large box armies, plain and simple. People have found work-arounds with the code that would stop the average joe.

The issue comes when everyone KNOWS you are abusing what truebox is meant to be. What the hell is the purpose of having a truebox ruleset if you allow people to blatantly abuse that ruleset?

The argument that if someone gets away with gaming the system/etc. isn't that you should do the same to get even. It's that the rules that were stated should be enforced, plain and simple. If they want to extra cash, then turn it into a non-truebox server.Or a least make a statement stating that this behavior is okay, so that commercial software can be developed/available to the rest of us.
  18. Xeris Augur

There's literally a server for you to play on if you want to legitimately run 5 accounts on 1 machine? Why do you need to run 5 boxes to 'compete'? What are you competing for? Are you in a guild? Does your guild raid? If you're in a guild and that guild is raiding then you have the same access to loot as any other raiding player, including a guy that's 54 boxing.

Are you just mad that he's cheating? Well, if so, you can cheat in the same way if you knew how to do it. If you just want DPG to ban these people or enforce the rules that's a different argument entirely... and it has nothing to do w/ this guy that's 54 boxing. Don't be mad at him, be mad at the company for letting it happen.
  19. Sythrak20 Elder

AoC's was the real fix and why future servers were so successful. Truebox is really just to appease the chronic rerollers that show up for the first 4-5 expansions then bail. It's redundant at this point especially past Planes of Power and should be removed after that expansion.
  20. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

What I find ironic is no staff member has commented.

#JChen
    Foaming likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.