Kronos farmers monopolizing camps on Aradune

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by ethyre, Jul 21, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RizLoaner Elder

You would pay $50 for something P99 offers for free?
  2. Jaime Lannister Augur

The amount of people who would want to spend 50$ a month for that server would not be high enough.

Thatd require dev time programming those rule sets. A LOT of GM policing to make that no tolerance bit even close to feasible. Not to mention the cost of starting/maintaining a new server.

All for what would amount to a few hundred players, who aren't purchasing krono; most of which wouldn't make it past Velious.

Meanwhile, they could toss up another Aradune in 2 years, bring in thousands of account subscriptions and krono sales for less cost.

I'd be totally down for a no krono server(or at least one that only allows krono purchased on/for that server), but i just dont see it happening.
  3. Thisthingon? New Member

not true p99 has the same bs behind the curtains
  4. Thisthingon? New Member

wishful thinking but you wouldn't really know unless darkpaw tried it out and I don't see why they wouldn't since they keep rerolling the others
  5. Stune Augur

Every camp is 2 necros, or 2 mages all non guilded. Meaning someone is either running multi massive accounts and farming krono constantly. They aren't playing the game just sitting there rotating camps for Kronos..

Nerf the Krono i keep saying.
  6. Accipiter Old Timer

That would do nothing I keep saying.
  7. jeskola pheerie

Krono does not drop from mobs. The thing they are farming is real life money. Eliminating Krono won't eliminate their reason for farming, it will only alter their currency conversion procedure.
    code-zero likes this.
  8. code-zero Augur

A number of people complaining about Krono farming fail to realize that since Krono are good for All Access subscriptions on a number of games that people do it in order to keep subs up for games that they actually care about. Getting a fat stash of Krono during the early eras of a TLP can keep their real game going for a good long time
  9. Kharth New Member

I wish they would have created Krono to work like wow tokens, where they set the price and it only gives game time, nothing you can trade between servers aside from gold which they cap for server transfers. The gold from purchasing the token is essentially locked to the server. Allowing it to be traded encourages people to sell Krono on third party sites.

There are a number of methods they could use to lessen or eliminate third party sales if they wanted to, but clearly based on the lack of action they don't value getting rid of those players.

Since this is unlikely to change I'm personally looking at Aradune as my last hurrah with Everquest.
    Thisthingon? likes this.
  10. Thisthingon? New Member

They get a lot of revenue from those guys pushing krono sales because of the casuals that buy from them so I don't think anything will change besides the TLP's getting flooded more and more as they improve their ways of selling raid gear/items. I cant really say much more then that because they gave me a warning for speaking out already but w/e I canceled my accounts and moving on....love the game, enjoyed the first ten years(It had one of the best communities) but its so stained with greed and corruption now that even the playerbase turns on each other and with only trainers/afk botters being the only care of the company its just getting worse.
  11. RizLoaner Elder

The game is over 20 years old, any community there used to be left about 10-15 years ago. Just look at the way the game is designed. Daily tasks and everything important is instanced. You're trying to find something that DBG/EQ doesn't offer. DBG doesn't make progression servers to re-invent the wheel, they do it to make money and push subscriptions. They don't care about empty threats because they've heard the same thing for the past 20 years... "I'm going to stomp my feet and tell you I'm cancelling my subscription!!!". Posts like the one quoted are pretty much just trolling from alt forum accounts, they mean little and everyone knows there's no backbone behind any of it.

If someone thinks the game is all about krono farming then they really aren't trying very hard. There's a lot more to do in EQ than go to the Djarn camp or undead tower in the hole. The people who complain it's all about krono are probably the ones who are upset someone else is farming krono better than they can.
    CatsPaws likes this.
  12. Vildainn New Member

Agree with the majority here. Sent in a petition and already spoke to dozens in game who are disgusted at the same few necros. Special shoutout Naomi, Usha, and Tpap who are toxic. Just today the same couple has been in a high $$ camp for 14+ hours making it impossible for anyone to move in or enjoy it.

I truly get Krono is a big money maker, but when it is tarnishing the game and leading multiple people to quit after really wanting to come back and enjoy their favorite game it is wrong nothing is being done after so many people have reported these guy who are obviously script afk farming.

In the EULA it specifically states
    Why is Daybreak not living up to their own EULA o_O . 30 minutes at one of those camps you can easily detect the macro unintended behavior.
    Thisthingon? likes this.
  13. code-zero Augur

The real Everquest community never left. We stayed through thick and thin and don’t flock back to TLP because we never left
    RizLoaner likes this.
  14. namesgoeshere New Member

OK so let's make it real simple...
    Darkpaw / Daybreak who ever go after all sites that sell their product for personal gains aka Krono and plat sites which is considered THIRD PARTY OFFENSE
    1. Make Krono No Trade Heirloom no one can make a real life profit of them period
    2. Make loot solo,group or raid ONLY
    ( if u didn't do any damage to said mob u do not get a loot table from that mob " is not visible to non group / raid members" )
    3. No Trade, Lore all item that have stats on them
    4. Physical toon movement must be made every 7 minutes or get auto kicked from game if your not afk it should not be a problem right ?
    5. Before you say what about my alt that is what crafting is for, you started your first toon as no gear do it again for second toon..
    6. Insert anti cheat program to scan PCs key or mouse press detection don't say it cant be done
    7. Remove pet auto attack if owner gets hit
    8. Remove all Multiquests earn the item have something to be proud of GRATS you did your epic the right way !!!!!Jboots etc etc....
    9. Make ANY third party program / Purchases against ToS
    10. Disregard all this because no one gives a crap best option for everyone...HAHAHAHA
  15. Healiez Augur

Going after Third party sites requires money and resources... Legal fees etc.. Also historically it has not gone well for the companies.

1. Wont happen, you are basically telling DBG/DPG to not make money.
    2. Would require a huge amount of resources from a skeletal team. Would be semi complicated
    3. Having to go through every item and change it would *see point 2*
    4. There are nefarious ways to circumvent this. Not to mention, it would have to be more then 7 minutes. Tradeskilling would become more of a chore then it is now. You are semi afk auctioning watching netflix or something and forget to move and get kicked?
    5. Loot already rots in raids, especially later on. Bringing in alts to take it is an appeal to keep your high RA players coming to raids when they dont need anything. Not to mention, as attrition becomes a thing you need to start bringing in boxes, and pray they are geared. You sound like a " EQ is dead after velious/luclin/PoP type so this doesnt matter to you"
    6. That is a VERY slippery slope. There may even be legal issues with scanning peoples pc's that are playing your game (although im not 100% sure on this). I know there are people out there that would take issue with this.
    7. Yes please, give us pet ghold without having to spend AA on it.
    8. Multiquests stop being a thing after like velious, but again, I doubt you care about any expansions after velious/luclin/PoP.
    9. Most aspects of third party programs ARE against the ToS. however detecting them, and proving people are using them is INCREDIBLY difficult. You may be sure that the people you run into are using them, and for some its easy to tell. However it can be very difficult to tell when people are careful about using them. Not to mention, it would require a ton of GM support, and we see how well the server dedicated GM's are working out....
    10. Or disregard it all because you are asking for huge resources to be put into a server that will cost a lot of money, REDUCE the money made from the server, and to cap it all off, would probably not be very popular for a good portion of players. A server like this would probably be a net loss for DBG in the moneys department.
  16. Tweakfour17 Augur

Probably 10 since otherwise you're rebuilding the core of the game from the ground up, not likely to happen 21 years deep.
  17. Healiez Augur

Not to mention the server would be a charity project, as I bet the server would end up being a net loss for DBG/DPG due to few players being interested, no krono sales, (im guessing he would want the marketplace disabled to) and the cost to funnel resources into the server for all the "great changes"
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  18. Accipiter Old Timer

At least you made sense there at the end. ;-)
  19. Aradune Necro New Member

When you start visiting Everfrost giants / hadden / freeti and the dark elf necro/mage origin spots on a daily basis, you start to realize there is most definitely 1 guy playing a combination of 20 necro/mages spread out in the world of norrath.

Unless it's completely coincidence that the same dark elf necros/mages all appear at their origins around the same time each night, all AFK through the night (afk kick is still on...? so they all have to be avoiding AFK kick all night).

Then, in the morning, weird, they are all gone and are all set up at camps. 2 mages at 1 giant spawn. 2 necros at another. 2 mages at another. 2 necros at hadden etc etc.

So, it's either 1 person or there are 10 friends who all 2 box, they all play at the exact same time, they all just stand at a camp all day killing 1 mob all day, then they all origin and sleep at the same time, and they all use a program to perform some tiny action to avoid being AFK kicked over night. (why even stay logged in all night. This part makes no sense to me. It makes it so obvious when you origin your dark elf and see this stack of dark elf necros all in similarly crap gear and all seen at those camps everyone talks about.

I wonder which one seems more likely...
  20. TrollMan Elder

Unfortunately it seems like the GM's on this server are non-existent. What Aradune Necro said above is 100% true - along with the 6 boxer who kills OW Phinigel Autropos every time it spawns. Along with the Efreeti necros... Any GM who would sit there for 5-10 minutes would see that they aren't real people on the characters. They don't move the SLIGHTEST bit ever, they don't interact, if you happen to catch one when someone is at the computer they state that they just farming platinum for gear..yet NEVER have any gear.

Part of me wants to believe that DBG cares...but sometimes...it seems like..It's a sub, they get to play regardless if they break the rules so obviously.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.