1-50 TLP SPEEDRUN WORLD RECORD TIME

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by WaitingforMoreEQ, Jul 31, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Please keep your personal attacks out of this thread.
  2. modsiw Augur

My point is that you’re cherry picking rules which suit your personal experience and capabilities, yet you are phrasing it as generalized competition with objective criteria.

Also, what does “any%” mean?
  3. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

There is no such thing as objective criteria. I picked rules that would make it interesting, ones that would allow it to be done in a single sitting. Twinking would be fine it just would be it's own category. PL is just dumb since /played isn't anywhere near accurate of the actually time it takes due to logging out between AE pulls.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speedrun#Categories
  4. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

5. haaaalp Augur

This is easily the dumbest post i've ever come across. Way to waste 4 hours to look like a fool, kek.
    KimchiGoddess likes this.
  6. modsiw Augur

I’d enjoy this, and would be down to do something similar. I don’t know EQ past OOW, so I’d be heavily out classed here without serious ramp up. It still reads of “If we play it your way, you’ll win.” Of course there isn’t an objective set of rules. I didn’t say that there are, please don’t straw man me. Any game with rules made by a singular person is almost certainly going to favor that person.

Are Muffin quests (and other boarder line exploits) allowed in any% or would that be glitch?
  7. Auedar4lyfe New Member

I feel like everyone is trying to in someone's cheerios haha. This is a 20+ year old game, and we have plenty of people who think other tasks that require logistics more than intelligence are worthy of accomplishment and chest beating.

I think racing for exp is competitive in it's own right. But yeah, the title is definitely clickbait. With twinking, AE powerleveling, etc. it's hard to find an equitable way to gauge an accomplishment. I think, like raiding, you should gauge it by using all the tools in your tool bag, since realistically there are so many ways to make an accomplishment "illegitimate" outside of livestreaming/filming it all.But yeah, there should definitely be categories in terms of "fastest PL/twink" versus "fastest solo only without outside help/twink" etc.

I also think since you can log off/log on, the best way to gauge how quickly a speedrun would be accomplished would be based off of when the character is made, and the time starts from there and doesn't stop, as opposed to /played where you can game things by taking breaks, planning things out, or just using other characters and help to get the best positioning possible.

Either way, solid job. I hope this becomes more of a thing that people try to min/max.
  8. FranktheBank Augur

I feel like the only thing questionable is the Gift of Legacies claim, since not every acct has that.
  9. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Every account has it.
    Someone is jealous
  10. RizLoaner Elder

WORLD, UNIVERSE, AND GALAXY FIRST!!!! CONGRATS111!!1!1!!1!1!!!!
  11. Bewts Augur

Nice PL for krono advertising here.
  12. Auedar4lyfe New Member

I feel like so many people are so bitter....It's like they can't compete.

And then follow up with an excuse like this is something that is not worth competing over. But then this is a game everyone plays for fun. Being the best raid guild on "x" server with a game with this small of a player base where all the strats are known is plays into the same vein. It's trying to be the best at something that a very limited number of people care about. We are all wasting time playing this game, and that's the point. As long as you have fun with it.

Again, stop trying to take away an accomplishment, since anything involving playing this game whatsoever subjectively isn't an accomplishment.

Plan on posting a walk through/general strategy/zone guide to get some competition rolling? Have a plan for trying to do a best time on "x" expansion next?
    WaitingforMoreEQ likes this.
  13. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

I had a lot of fun doing it. Probably gonna do it again on a Necro cause i think i can shave off another 20-30 mins
  14. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

No PL involved.
  15. Xyphen Maximum Augur

Your click-bait title implies you did this on Aradune/Rizlona, while the reality is virtually the opposite (double the level cap, more than double the xp bonus, Veteran AAs, etc).

Also, how do you objectively know this is world record time? Did DPG provide you with server logs indicating you were the fastest ever? Maybe ease off the caps lock key and tone down the gaudiness of your work and it'll be better received next time.
    Duder and KimchiGoddess like this.
  16. RizLoaner Elder

He clearly undersold his achievement, it's probably a universe record and definitely a species record, maybe even the all-species record but I'm sure there's a primate who was trained to press 2 keys on the keyboard that set a better time somewhere.
    Xyphen and Duder like this.
  17. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Explain

Nothing i can ever do is gonna please the depressed and perennial angry people that make up a very large percentage of the forums. I will not change my behavior for these types i will simply do what makes me happy.
  18. modsiw Augur

Shouldn't have given you the benefit of the doubt.
    Duder likes this.
  19. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

No, they don't.
  20. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

For asking someone to explain something that's an illogical statement.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.