Aradune Server vs TEQB. Any actual instance only guilds left?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by idoljen, Jul 30, 2020.

1. Pumpernickel Lorekeeper

You can only fit 72 into a raid.
  2. RizLoaner Elder

Do people still think beating classic content is an accomplishment the 10th go around?
  3. Siah Elder

I think it has more to do with the pleasure in securing all of targets/denying them+securing loot, as well as preparing the guild for kunark. I don't see anyone here bragging about beating classic EQ on a TLP.
  4. Haze Journeyman

I'm in an instance-only guild and it's great. Maybe you shouldn't be so "easy" and actually shop around for the right guild for you.
  5. Xeris Augur

People clearly DO care about achievements in classic of a 20 year old game on the 10th tlp... Achievements are achievements... People can be proud of whatever they want.
  6. inglorious New Member

midnight redemption is an instance only guild on aradune, we will take ow mobs if we find em up but nothing is batphoned and if its on non raid times no attendance dkp hit
  7. Shiba Journeyman

TEB has always advertised as a batphone guild so probably not us.
  8. Honkietonk Lorekeeper

you can join helheim stormerki, we all quit like a month ago so there's no pressure to show up to anything
  9. Bullsnooze Augur

100 or 500 people in a guild really doesn't matter for instanced content. You will still need to gear 100 or 500 people regardless. The drop rate per player doesn't change with the more people you have lol.

That said, 'zerg' raids are in TEB's interest for open world content because the more numbers you have versus the other the guild, the chances of you winning a damage race is much higher. No amount of skill will ever be enough to overcome double your numbers. That said, having double the number of players versus your competition doesn't mean you're better either - just bigger. :)
    Lilliee likes this.
  10. Blastoff Augur

Or 20 wizards on naggy. TEB is the only batphone guild.
  11. Thisthingon? New Member

They fight for open world control because the guild that locks that stuff down can farm enough to fully gear mains quickly because of obvious reasons, aoc's+open world. ( the TLP open world respawn is stupid fast compared to lockouts even with the 20% variances ) When the members are geared everything else tradeable goes to leadership to be sold in most cases and with rules like members not being able to sell in era gear and the instance guilds being no where near being able to collect rot loot they can sell that stuff for a premium price. I've seen this on almost every TLP and they get smarter and smarter about how they do it...... on mangler they have people in the top guild that have mass boxers apart from the guild so they can rotate selling current raid loot with out worrying about having to give it to guildies..
  12. Oldnecro New Member

Whats sad is all of these guilds cheese every single encounter in classic and act like they are amazing at EQ.

- Using /rewind to go backwards in plane of sky to pull mobs
    - Using autofire to spam Jboots while exploiting Naggy's pathing to build aggro, then pinning him against a column in the throne room so that the raid does not get hit by the AOE fear/dd
    - ShowEQ is abused extensively, some guilds have their own discord channel for it!
    -"Classic Era" Alchemy distillates that definitely did not exist back in 99-00
    - Marketplace clarity/sow/regen/xp potions
    - Mashing keyboard to "instant" camp out clerics during a wipe.

All this chest-pounding is hilarious, seriously keep going guys!
  13. Thisthingon? New Member

Autofire to spam jboots? thats a new one to me. I've heard of tanks using autoclickers to spam Shield of the Immaculate and Coldain Hero's Insignia Ring but aside from them using the autoclicker would that really be considered exploiting aggro? I guess they're completely blocking the bosses mechanics(aoes) which would be a type of exploit and making it so they can kill them with lower numbers. Bosses like VS, Trakanon ect using that trick to avoid procs?
  14. Azurefrost Elder

Raids are only capable of holding 72 players. After that you need to create new raids. Dps in those raids becomes redundant since you are then competing with yourself and any other guilds. So competition just has to muster a strong 72 person dps raid.
  15. RizLoaner Elder

you don't need to create new raids, all you need to do is stack a bunch of people outside the raid in groups that aren't big enough to even come close to winning a dps race, the more dps you split outside the raid the larger percentage the actual raid gets. There's no anti zerg mechanics till RZ so zerg away. That's zerging baby!
    Bullsnooze likes this.
  16. Goburs The Filthy Casualz Leader

We're instance only /shrug

We also got approached to join this snazzy alliance, nothx.

Let the boys be boys if they wanna. Play YOUR game....geesh
  17. HicksAradune Augur

the "coallition" is basically set up and run by Violence and Ending - 2 people who are absolutely nobodys. The guilds they mention as being "part" of it, want nothing to do with them.

Their charter basically calls out TEB for (something which we've never done , unless another guild poopsocks and we counter poop them until they leave the zone). But then goes on to say how they will poopsock mobs from 8 hours until window ends - and offers dkp for it. Also mega amazed at how 2 SKs are so good at tracking.

Couuldnt even make it up. Told both of them i would make spots for them in the guild is theyre so horny for OW mobs, I have use for a couple of semi decent SKs but they feel this is the way to go.

Honestly, best of luck to them - but if Toxic Few take 40 minutes to manage to get 18 people in permafrost (they batphoned 40 minutes before we even started to move, we were finishing Sky OW) to race on Vox by the time we've even killed it , its not worth worrying about

Thats EQ Baby are recruiting dps and clerics for Kunark tho - hit one of us up in game! <3
  18. Jaime Lannister Augur

I honestly wish the coalition luck. Genuinely hope they snatch some targets from us. Competition makes batphone raids more enjoyable, and less routine.
  19. Wrightsvillain New Member

Don't forget that time that Vox spawned with rampage literally right outside forming there raids in Everfrost, only to show up 15 mins later and lose another race.
  20. jeskola pheerie

I have seen this, and was pretty surprised and how widespread usage and acceptance is now.