Devs, please increase the fellowship size

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Lilura, Jul 29, 2020.

1. Angahran Augur

They have said they are not going to increase the amount of characters in a fellowship.
    By making them account based instead of character based that would allow those of us that have multiple characters from the same account in the fellowship to free up spaces.

If you have multiple accounts and multiple characters those fellowship slots fill up fast.
    Winnowyl likes this.
  2. Darchon_Xegony Augur

All I want is solo or duo campfire placement.
  3. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Probably has not been done to encourage at least 15 players to run to the raid gathering spot, a guild banner for group sized would allow circumvention of that requirement.
  4. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

2 players I would support, but definitely not solo.
  5. Nadisia Augur

Solo for wizards and druids ;)
  6. Verily Tjark Augur

I always thought the point of fellowships was to talk crap about people on raids who aren't in the fellowship. Not that my fellowship would do that... Kim rules with an iron fist.
    Annastasya and Cadira like this.
  7. LheoXX New Member

change Fellowship campfire to Guildcampfire , Problem solved :)
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  8. dreadlord Augur

Not if your fellowship is spread across 3/4 guilds?
    Elyssanda likes this.
  9. Velisaris_MS Augur

So what? Is anyone REALLY gonna get their knickers in a bunch for lowering the requirement?

"Oh noes! We only need 3 people instead of 15 to make an instant port to the raid target! The sky is falling! We're all doomed...DOOOOOOOOMMMMEED!"

Really?
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  10. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Honestly, I don't know, I was just offering up what I thought was a likely justification, sorry if that rustled your jimmies.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  11. Moege Augur

/mad !
    It takes skill running to the npc raid giver ! ToV is unforgiving in this regard, one small misstep and you are dead. Probably easier having the whole raid run and clear trash as you go.

* Not to be taken seriously
  12. Velisaris_MS Augur

Sorry, your comment didn't rustle anything. :) I know you were just pointing out what the devs might think...I wasn't trying to take a jab at you personally.

It's just the idea that the devs are simply a bunch of old fuddyduddies, who have a death grip on the tattered remnants of "The Vision" and won't let go. This prevents them from making simple QoL changes that don't actually impact gameplay, but would make players happy. The game won't break if you increase the fellowship size to accomodate more alts or decrease the guild banner requirements. Not every guild raids (shocking, I know!), so the banner is basically useless to those guilds (like mine).

Not changing something to make things more enjoyable because "that's just how it is" is idiotic. Most people just want to log in, kill stuff for a while, and then log out. Anything that speeds that up, like increasing fellowship size or lowering requirements for the guild banner, would be a good thing.
    eqgamer and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  13. Areosea New Member

This is why developers are leaving and subscription base is lower. Constantly refusing to give what the player base wants. it begins with laziness and complacency. Kind of like the last expansion......
    cadres likes this.
  14. Cicelee Augur

Give me a break.

First off, I do not want to see FS increase or be account based. And last time I checked, I am part of "the player base". So don't speak on my behalf since you don't know what the player base wants, only what you and maybe a few others want so it can benefit you.

Second, there is a portion of the player base that wants to buy raid gear and other highly sought after things with real money, turning this into a true micro transaction game. If the devs give into those demands of that section of the player base, what do you think happens as a result? Every accomplishment and achievement in game gets thrown out the window and minimized, and the almighty dollar becomes king. I rather have skill and talent and ability reign supreme, thank you. This is one example of why devs don't just give into every whim and desire of players.

Third, this past expansion has been received rather favorably from the masses. Hard core players complain about easiness and boredom, but then again some of them will complete every expansion by April so they make that comment every Spring, Summer and Fall. But for the most part, players have been appreciative of such things as no keys, unlocked zones, requiring no progression, etc. Which coincidentally are things players complained about in TBL and were changed for TOV. So devs did give the players what they wanted.

The request was made. Dev came on and answered request, giving a valid and legit explanation as to why. You may not like it, but I am sure life will go on for your character. Deal with it like everyone else.
    Zamiam, Skuz and kizant like this.
  15. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Um, I think cold hard cash had something to do with "certain" people leaving and disruption among their ranks would be the next reason.

Very few business's give everything the customer wants since every customer wants something different.

Like Jack in the Box, Taco Bell etc are always changing their menu no matter how fondly we all remember those enchritos.

And very few employees give a squat about what you want. They do what they are told to do or what the higher ups who have never played the game deem to be the next improvement. If it happens to align with the latest whine, then they come out smelling like a rose.

And I do believe it has been said over and over that the subscription base is growing due to the TLP servers, players returning etc.
  16. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

The purpose of the fellowship is ease of travel...there is no social element. The argument that it is a "guild within a guild" is completely false and without basis.

Thank you and have a nice day.
    eqgamer likes this.
  17. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Ummmm no. I mean hell no. Not why devs leave and hasn't caused folks to unsubscribe. There are times game devs do things I like and sometimes things I don't like. But that is the nature of the beast they aren't trying to maintain and grow a game for just one player. They have to take all players into consideration.

I do agree that taking away the grind option to get meaningful level exp was a problem with ToV but that is about it.

It is just my opinion but I don't see any need to change the requirements or size of fellowships.

There has to be some effort involved in doing things in the game. Fellowships as they are reduce some of that effort but maintain enough of it to still make travel meaningful.
    Zamiam likes this.
  18. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

That is because they limit the size of fellowships. :)
    Skuz likes this.
  19. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I'll somewhat echo what others have said but I still wanted to reply to this rather silly comment.

Better financial package offers, a desire to do something different in the development of games or an opportunity to make a step up career-wise with a new team or simply a desire to take a giant leap into a new game that interests them personally are all far more rational reasons for leaving the team than a minor detail such as fellowship sizes or the broader concept that you allude to of not meeting customer expectations.

I also dispute the idea that the team is complacent or lazy, I bet if you spent a day at Darkpaw studios (ask if you can go, provided you can get there they would be willing to let you spend a day with them) I am willing to wager that your attitude about their effort level would be radically changed.

Considering the size of the dev team is a pale shadow of what it used to be they put out a lot more content per team member than they ever used to, a lot of which is down to them having much better development tools today than they used to have. That said they simply cannot put out expansions with the size & scope of Kunark & Velious these days but I'm not sure that's even required with the smaller audience these days.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  20. cadres Augur

If that was true, there would be no fellowship chat channel; no exp sharing etc
    The *good* thing about fellowships is that they serve many purposes so many people have a reason to be in one
    Travel never happens for our fellowship as there are 3/4 main chars in it and a bunch of alts

It's certainly not a 'guild within a guild' however, as we're all in different guilds.
    This is why it would be good if fellowship size was increased