Kunark- Aradune AoE

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by AoEBox, Jul 31, 2020.

1. AoEBox Elder

I am curious how the GM's are going to be handling AoE groups come Kunark on Aradune.

They have already issued suspensions for characters that were not answering /say /tell and other forms of communication but with an AoE group these individuals are all likely AFK until it comes time to actually pull and stun and do damage.

So i am curious how GM's are going to handle these situations as my guild has AoE groups already setup and ready for Kunark to assist with the leveling on low play time individuals.

I couldn't imagine having to answer a GM while manually stunning on 2 Enchanters.
  2. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Just make sure your scripts are up to snuff, you'll be fine.
    Xanorak and Auesheet like this.
  3. RizLoaner Elder

Easiest way to deal with the AoE groups would be to set up in their pull path killing mobs with video running, report them when you get trained and they'll disappear entirely.
  4. AoEBox Elder

I have never had an issue with this before and likely never will as it is not considered " training "
    #pulling
  5. TheGoblin Elder

Oh, according to GM's here it is. If you pull over a group and some mobs stick to them, it's training if there is video.
  6. Bullsnooze Augur

Yep, AoE killing means zone lag... Zone lag means server peformance issues... Better start thinking of ways to combat this now?

IMO, just turn off AoE spells altogether or just make them all hit a static target of 4 NPCs on Aradune. Problem solved.
  7. Healiez Augur

Despite what some people have said the biggest risk to aoe pulling is accidentally dragging it over a group and them catching it on video.

You will get suspended if they submit video evidence of you training, regardless if you were “pulling”. A pull that kills people is a train 100% of the time in the eyes of gm’s. They wont even talk to you first, they review the video and next thing you know you cant log in for a week.

Not to mention, chardok will be so packed early on with exp groups or groups wanting to farm drops that odds are ae pulls will be really risky, or you wont be able to pull enough mobs.
  8. RizLoaner Elder

Easiest way to get an ae pull to agro your group is a charmed pet, npcs will agro the charmed pet on pulls and you'll have video evidence to give the zone disruptors a nice week vacation just when they can least afford it.
  9. C3lowz Augur

Anyone who AE pulls in a crowded, contested zone deserves to be suspended from that alone.

I'm going to have my recording software up and ready for the moment someone decides to pull over my group.

Enjoy your vacations
  10. haaaalp Augur

This is the exact definition of training. L2P
  11. Gnothappening Augur

Ah Karendune.
  12. C3lowz Augur

Karendune? More like KarenQuest at this point.
  13. Arrk Augur

AoE, particularly in Sebilis, will get you banned. You are committing zone disruption... and should be banned accordingly.
  14. Accipiter Old Timer

Since when? Were people actually banned on past TLPs for AOE groups in Seb? Not for training, not for botting, for zone disruption. Would be good if true.
  15. Arrk Augur

I have reported people on other servers, Agnarr and Mangler, and gotten people suspended. It is even easier when you video it, but sometimes I don't even need that.

Every time it is replied to that the party was suspended for Zone Disruption .... repeated offenses will get you banned.
  16. AoEBox Elder

I have a good feeling you are blowing a lot of smoke!

Agnarr , Mangler , Corinav , Selos and all of them I have AoEd in era without any "GM" intervention.
    Nor have I ever heard of someone getting a suspension for "Pulling" to a group to kill the NPC's.

The only thing I wanted clarification on is what or how they are going to address AoE groups on Aradune since there will be more than 6 characters at any given AoE group.
  17. Lumiens Augur

Wizards get screwed for exp group spots and now that there is a niche group roll they can fill all you nerds want to ban them for doing it.
  18. Healiez Augur

At least as far as my earlier post is concerned.

I have no problem with AE groups 90% of the time. There is nothing wrong with AE groups when done right.

What I said is bannable is the puller ignoring other groups in the zone and selfishly/recklessly pulling whatever they want without worrying about the other groups there. If you pull an AE pull through my group and wipe them, you can bet with 100% certainty that I will video and report the act. That is a train no matter how you try to sugar coat it, and in my experiences, the GM's agree with that.

If you are AoE pulling, and being considerate about it, not training groups trying to exp, and just doing your own thing, by all means continue.

There is a lot of hate towards AE groups for reasons. Some of it is due to selfish players who have zero consideration for the other people in the zone, and dont care if they steal mobs (even tho it technically isnt a thing), train exp groups, and otherwise make the zone miserable for other people in it. Some of it is due to people who just hate the concept of it, " AE pull is exploiting the face that PBAE's have no target limit!". The originial devs did not intend it to be a thing!!! These are the same people who screamed for nerfs to charm, monk fists, pets, etc. Kind of similar to the hate all boxers get cause of a few bad eggs, and from the bandwagon jumpers.
    AoEBox likes this.
  19. Sythrak20 Elder

I mean you can keep every single mob on you if you spam an instant clicky while running around pulling. If you're getting trained by mobs its because the puller is dumb and deserves the vacation.
  20. AoEBox Elder

I agree.
    I do not agree if you position your group in my pull path though.