Not A Bug Sneaky Sarnaks and then some

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Enigman, Jul 30, 2020.

1. Enigman New Member

The EoK Lceanium quest Sneaky Sarnak has a step where you are required to :

Go to the meeting 0/1 Lceanium .

The following step says :

Kill the sarnak attacking Lcea 0/4 Lceanium .

The quest asks you to kill four sarnak; when I first did the quest for my mains and most played alts, I do not recall having to kill more than four sarnak, but in the last two months have been asked by friends and my wife's guildmates to assist them with progression, and have as a result assisted with this quest half a dozen times.

I did not note the number of sarnak that spawned the first couple times, although did notice there were markedly more than four spawning, but the last four times (two in June and two in July), have gotten twelve, seventeen, fourteen and twenty seven sarnaks spawning, initially with three groups of four, with later waves containing only two or three sarnak.

Nothing says this is a bug, as there is nothing in the quest description to indicate only four mobs are supposed to spawn, but the numbers do seem a bit excessive and I am fairly sure I would have remembered fighting a small army in the early days of EoK when I first did the quest.
  2. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

It has been like this for as long as I can remember, we always asummed it was 4 X how ever members of the group was on this stage.
  3. Enigman New Member

Good thought, but at least twice I was grouped with one person with the quest and my merc. One other time I was grouped with two people with the quest (and my merc; no recollection what other players had mercs up), but to avoid having overlapping spawns had requested the second person remain in Scorched Woods until the first person's quest stage had completed, getting twelve spawns for the first person and seventeen for the second once he entered the zone and triggered that quest stage.
  4. Ngreth Thergn Developer

There is an intentional multiplication of the amount of spawns depending on group size (I don;t think it counts people out of zone, but not sure)
    it *does* have a cap.
  5. Enigman New Member

I guess the question then is, why would it have a cap larger than four times the maximum number of people in a normal group. If I was in a group of six, I would logically expect a maximum of twenty four sarnak, while I got twenty seven at one point, and in one distinct case getting twelve in a group with two people in the zone (and one in another zone), plus a maximum of two mercs in the zone, and seventeen in a group with three people in the zone and a maximum of three mercs.
    I guess my primary issue is, why is the number so variable and why is the number of spawns in excess of four sarnaks per person in the group.
  6. Mikana Augur

I did Sneaky Sarnak recently, and only got the initial four (plus respawns when you kill them).

There was a bug at one point with another of those quests (the one where you follow a trail, and get attacked by drakes), where if a previous attempt had failed, you got the leftovers spawning again on the next attempt. Wonder if something similar is happening here?
  7. HotDiggity New Member

How is this not a bug? I'm soloing this (moloing I guess, with my healer merc). 3 spawn when I walk into the druid ring. Before I can finish killing them, 6 more spawn on top of us. That's 9. Flattened, as beastlords don't have crowd control. Doesn't make sense -- shouldn't it be 4, for a single player?
  8. Thunderkiks Augur

You need to run away from the circle a bit. Once you move from spawn point they wont keep spawning. Once you see them on extended then run away then stop and kill. Go back to circle and get your remaining one.