Q for Mage MAINS - Do you hate pet gear requests?

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Deux, Jul 30, 2020.

1. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

Honestly...do you folks who play high end mages as their main get sick of requests for pet gear? I can see that getting old pretty quick...I also notice mages, as a class, tend to be more "AFK" than others.

I hate bothering mages for gear and I gladly offer to pay or tip them 1k for a set which 99% always decline the tip.

Just wondering what full time mages think on this subject.
  2. IblisTheMage Augur

Not a bother for me, on Live.
    Deux likes this.
  3. Szilent Augur

cle-dru-shm-rng-bst-pal-enc-wiz all have to deal with some version of this, too. Heck even ber/rog/war, in raids. That nec is one of the 4 exceptions (just brd/nec/mnk/sk have no out-of-group, out-of-combat buffs / utility) makes y'all among the minority, it's not a special burden on mag.
    Deux likes this.
  4. Cicelee Augur

For an hour before raids I will chain spam cast every pet owner until they get sick and tired of bags of weapons and masks. Eventually, one by one, they tell me to no longer summon weapons or masks and they promise to not ask for them on raids.

Problem solved.
    Yinla and Metanis like this.
  5. IblisTheMage Augur

Would gladly pay 1k AA for an activated ability, that when cast, equipped my target’s pet with the best pet gear I can summon, all locations. :)
    Thesehips likes this.
  6. Ibadan Kun'Tirel Augur

I mean the bigger issue is the cast time on the gear and rods. If these were like instant cast or .5 or something, it would be a lot less troublesome. I'm not terribly annoyed about the gear, but the requests for rods mid raid because someone forgot to delete theirs while I'm burning makes me want to twitch/do something necromantic to them.
  7. Benemage New Member

Only when they say (Hey I have no bag space, would you mind just handing the items to my pet) - Yeah gotta say I'm not big on that :)

I don't mind spamming bags of weapons and gear (Much easier since they created the "Grant" line of spells).

Benemage