Lore tab gone ???

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Baglum, Jul 30, 2020.

1. Baglum New Member

Hey all,

Today I noticed my "Lore" tab on all my items are missing. Reset UI, logged off and on, and even validated the game files. Nothing. Please help !!!!. Thank you in advance.
  2. Qbert Gallifreyan

Not all items have a lore tab, but assuming you are checking a variety of items that should have them, I would suspect you use some custom ui element(s) that are causing a problem. I have only ever used default, and the lore tab works just fine for me on items that have it right now.
    Yinla likes this.
  3. Baglum New Member

I am checking lore items, and ive never used a custom UI. On my other characters it works just fine. I deleted and reinstalled the game nothing, I even deleted my charcters INI and nothing. Its super odd, I am working with a GM atm but nothing is working.
  4. Qbert Gallifreyan

The lore tab has no direct correlation to the "lore" flag on items.
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Which items? Can you list a few?
  6. Baglum New Member

Rune Ivy,i have 3 of them got them identified and lore tab wont show, I linked it to my buddy and it showed for him, he had to help me identify what runes they were for trade in for quest
  7. Baglum New Member

I logged on my Enchanter who also had one of the runes, and it shows for him perfectly fine.
  8. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Yeah, kinda confused about what you mean. So the rune of Ivy shows up like this:
    [IMG]

And then you hold it and cast identify and it will say which one it is. Others can cast identify on you and it should show up then also.

So your saying you have that rune and on that picture it does not show:Magic item lore item no drop on the top?
  9. Rondor Augur

The lore tab can show two kinds of information: Item Identify information, and Extra Lore information.

1) Item Identifiy information is only visible in the Lore tab for characters level 50 and above. Many items have Item Identify information but for some that information is the same as the item's name in which case the Item Lore tab won't show that Identify information for anyone.

2) Extra Lore information is visible to everyone regardless of level. Only a few items have Extra Lore.

So if the item only has Identify information and not Extra Lore then you won't see a lore tab if you are below level 50 on most items.
  10. Hadesborne Augur

This bug just happened to me. Is there a setting in game or somewhere in the ini file that makes the lore tab show up? I am missing the lore tab on multiple characters. No custom UI
  11. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Are you level 50 or above?