Guy 54 boxing on Mangler selling raid loot openly, isnt this a truebox server?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by GeneticsBoss, Jul 26, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HoodenShuklak Augur

Have you seen eq streams?

A coat of spray paint over wood paneling would basically a dream home makeover.
  2. Bewts Augur

The beauty of this is that someone’s shown that the current infrastructure can still be bypassed en masse.

If there’s a will, there’s a way.

I don’t particularly care for 54 boxing, but after spending a few years on TLP with a 6-box; I could never imagine going back to a single character. We all have our reasons for liking or disliking boxing as a method to play EQ.

The biggest problem with 54 is that one individual can steamroll just about anyone but another guild in open world content. Saw it happen in PoHate, and even going through BoT and far into other expansions. Thankfully instances be it raid or guild content offer a level of mitigation of their impact on “less” disruptive players.
  3. Fixit Journeyman

People are buying the loots. Thats the real problem.
  4. Accipiter Old Timer

I suppose. Kinda sad.
  5. Xhartor Augur

It's off topic for this thread, but in Luclin you have first scripted encounter with the Emp in Ssra. Where you have manage 8 snakes that respawn when killed, and kill a trigger mob which cause the emp to become active after a set amount of time.

Once you get PoP, raid event start having things triggered various % of the bosses health. Gates of Discord has increased complexity in the encounter scripting.
  6. RizLoaner Elder

Because pretargeting 8 snakes, mezzing the mezzables and offtanking the other 4 is rocket science. Killing a few mobs while you tank and spank every encounter in time isn’t tough. None of this stuff requires any thought besides targeting something and killing it, or in the case of emp not killing it. You don’t need any sort of special skills or input to do any of the encounters, you tank then spank, that’s eq in a nutshell until some OOW trials and a few things in DoDH. The only thing holding guilds back that can field a full raid in the PoP/GoD era is incompetence by a player or multiple players.
  7. Gnothappening Augur

TBH I expect a bot would do way better at the simon says raid than players, because they are always paying attention. I think that is OOW though. MPG?
    RizLoaner likes this.
  8. Healiez Augur

You can completely ignore simon says and finish the encounter just fine.

We figured that out in my last guild
  9. RizLoaner Elder

I may be wrong but the first time an afk player can truly wipe a raid is the viral ae's for sullon? before that if someone dies (sans uqua but uqua's a joke now) they just die and you still win 99% of the time.
  10. nagash101 Augur

How do you know any of this? Seems like you might have bought some loot from this fine raid leader. You seem a bit bitter. How about you get 54 computers and active 53 more accounts and you can sell the phat loots also. I mean how else is he gonna pay for all those accounts, he needs those Kronos.
  11. Aneuren Tempered Steel

Hatchet can do a good job of it, depending on placement.
  12. Xyphen Maximum Augur

The Performer absolutely cannot have an AFK player. The lyric emotes are zone-wide, you only have a few seconds to say them, and the raid can only miss ~3 of them before it resets.
  13. Kiaro Augur

The only one thats scary is the kyv headshot anyway.
  14. Tweakfour17 Augur

3 seems low, I'm pretty sure you can miss more than that. Personally I'd like to see this automated raid beat Vertigo, that event is painful
  15. RizLoaner Elder

You can miss a lot of performer emotes and still complete the event, it’s at least few dozen these days.
  16. Xyphen Maximum Augur

It isn't, at least not on Live. I solo'd it a month ago and it reset after 3 or 4, unless it scales to players in zone.
  17. Tweakfour17 Augur

That's possible, on TLP you can for sure miss more than 3
  18. Thisthingon? New Member

ok then tell Darkpaw to add a 4-7hour lockout on just the goats for the qvic DZ and have them actually spawn every time since no one can even farm the goats in open world because of these guys.... oh wait we cant do that because it would cause the prices to drop for the RMT.... what was I thinking.................and even if they did decided to do that by the time they got around to it who the hell would care anymore... we would probably be in DoN or DoDh
  19. RizLoaner Elder

If this group of people can kill goats with more DPS than you why does it matter what they do with the loot? If you want the loot form a better raid and DPS race these guys to kill the goats. I don't see how an inferior raid should be entitled to loot just because they log into eq.
  20. Buster_Shruggs Augur

OK, Ill tell Darkpaw to add a lockout for you. Also, I did mention that "open world" targets were a different story from instanced raid zones. You quoted me, but you missed that part! ;)
    Don't let this game make you unhappy or upset. There's too much to do in this game to be hampered by someone being able to do something you cant, whether its by multiple accounts, 3rd party hooha, or whatever. Hope you find a way to enjoy the game.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.