Rizlona 3 box advice

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Tagrith, Jul 22, 2020.

1. Tagrith New Member

Thank you for all of the suggestions. In the end I chose to go with SK/Wiz/Shaman. There was so many pros and cons to each but I decided I didn't want to have to deal with charming and I also have played enchanter on coirnav and mangler for a bit, so I felt like it would be more fun to try something new. Either way, while it might not be as op as enc/clr duo I think SK/Sham will do just fine with a wizard to melt stuff when needed and clarity pots. One other thing is I have already leveled a bard on the account I will be making the wizard on so I can switch out the wizard for bard depending on different situations and see how I like it! Thanks guys!
    Thewiz likes this.
  2. Fluid Augur

FWIW: Shaman can charm animals, it is just that I have never seen one do it. It's been years since I ran one up. I have an alt Shaman on Riz that is mid levels. Normally for animal charms I like something that poisons so I can SoW it and aggro kite. I'm not sure there is much left that is [animal, poisons] in an area that is simpatico with aggro kiting. I may have to wait a bit until Stonebrunt Mountains is in game. Not quite as good as Druid animal charms since you don't have a good snare: Probably workable.
  3. Healiez Augur

The issue with charm animal is that shaman get it at 33 and it is capped at level 34 mobs, and unless im mistaken they get no other upgrades in that line.

There is a very narrow window in which you can actually use charm animal, because at say 38 just 5 levels later you really shouldnt be killing mobs 4-5 levels lower then you. So unless the zone has some high level mobs in addition to lower level animals you wont have anything to charm.
  4. Fluid Augur

Yeap. Tried it with a level 29 Shaman in Blackburrow. Charmed a level 14<?> ~infected rat that was running around there. It pretty much crushed everything I sicced it on. I cast Endure Disease on my Shaman before the fiasco started so when it broke charm, my Shaman didn't get diseased. I have yet to try casting Malosi first to see if that helps with charm breaks.