Lights Floating Away From Sources

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Sianjian, Jul 29, 2020.

1. Sianjian New Member

Light particles are seemingly floating above their sources for me. I just started playing again a few days ago. I'm thinking there's some setting somewhere I'm missing. It's fairly distracting on my Necro, as you can see the skeleton pet's eyes are floating a few feet above his head.

Another weird thing - the lights "move" as I get closer or further away I am from them. This is affecting most things.

As you can see the lights from dead Goblin Scouts floating over the hill, and my Necro pet's eyes.

What gives?[IMG]
  2. Duder Augur

It's your widescreen display. You could use /viewport settings and center (but also make smaller) your play screen area and leave a border where your buttons and chat windows could be placed. Otherwise that's just how it is, no setting to adjust it. When you get into hunting ground spawn collects you will be grateful. ;)
    Sianjian likes this.
  3. Sianjian New Member

Ah so it was! Thank you! Now I just need to figure out how to get the viewport to look right on a 3440x1440 monitor D:

Such a weird interaction. But I guess that's what you get when you use new technology to play a game from 25+ years ago.
    minimind and Duder like this.
  4. Stymie Pendragon

Looks like you have a 34" dell monitor like I have. How did you get rid of the squish? When I first got my monitor I logged in and my character looked like he was smooshed by King Koopa. I stopped playing EQ as a result. If there are some settings to share I'd love to try them.
  5. Sianjian New Member

I was just running it in the native resolution for my ASUS Predator X34 - 3440 x 1440. I did have a lot of squish issues with other resolutions. For now I'm just running it at 1080p until I can figure out another solution.

Hope that helps somehow.
  6. Stymie Pendragon

It helped a ton!

I'm surprised that they got that large of a resolution working finally. I messed around using 3440, and I think I may need to give Norath another go!

Thank you!
    Veteran_BetaTester likes this.
  7. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

What is your system specs? How do you get to play so easily with shadows on?
    cpu
    mobo
    gpu
    ram