Rizlona - Mage Army at Hill Giants

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Torrok, Jul 28, 2020.

1. TLP Addict Augur

The hill giant camp is for losers that don't know any better ways to make plat.
    KnightofTruth likes this.
  2. lePER New Member

Well there is no sign of them today, looks like something has been done. There are now giants to go round.
  3. Rizlowned Lorekeeper

so-so. i estimate he nets about 5k plat an hour. he set up by the second week of server being live. sits there 8 hours a day = 40k plat a day.
    krono has increased rather quickly, but im going to assume he cashed in pretty well in the first 6-7 weeks. he does have the overhead of (at least) 30 accounts based on the 5 groups operating on the hill. i do agree it is kind of senseless to farm this way. not really doing anything other than wasting time. but even at the cost of 8k plat per krono he is paying off his 30 accounts in 8 played days at 8 hours a day... and he profits 120 krono for his work the remainder of the month... who knows what happens to that krono
    i guess i'm a loser like him since i don't know another way to make plat like that while eating kraft dinner and watching big brother.
    it is really gunna suck if he never spent any of the plat and is going to drive the price up whenever he feels like it.
  4. KnightofTruth Journeyman

people like this are bottomfeeding scum. they will get sick of it eventually. anyone that plays for less than 1 krono an hour is pathetic if they are attempting to do this as a job.
  5. Darkhain Elder

Great, let me set own mage army there now.
  6. Rizlowned Lorekeeper

i don't disagree, however it's challenging to continue discussion without getting the thread locked. so, i'll say this.
    there is no evidence he is doing it as a "part time job" or exchanging the plat for krono. he could have 1.5m plat sitting in his inventory for all we know. that would be helping the economy and the bottom line for dpg.
    however, if that plat is already in the economy then it has caused inflation and makes the server less accessible long-term for smaller boxers or more casual players the longer the infinite ATM withdrawal happens (to maintain sub via krono). some boxers know how to keep up with this and compete, but most don't know how or don't have the resources.
    eventually the majority krono transactions will go to the powerlevelers with the launch of kunark, velious, luclin, etc. 15 krono for 4 hours is a pretty gnarly upgrade for people who do that (on every "truebox" TLP). I think it will be interesting how it shakes out on Riz as well as Aradune.
    in the end, i believe what he is doing is what others have done on previous (truebox) TLPs and gotten away with... meanwhile this is on a non-truebox tlp and he is not automated while afk. so i think there is even more leniency regarding this, so i don't see him going anywhere.
    do i think he should be gone? meh. i dont think 24 mages and a bunch of clerics getting the hammer are going to put a dent in anything.
    the horrors of farming 2 million plat for 1 krono on live are still very fresh in my memory. let it be.
  7. Honkietonk Lorekeeper

I highly doubt anyone trying to make a job out of this game is making as much money as they would at a Taco Bell, and they're probably having less fun, too.