Rizlona Rudeness

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Kahna, Jul 27, 2020.

1. Kahna Augur

Zone monopolization is poor form. If a group moves in you make room for them. No one needs the entire zone. If that eventually means the camp is no longer worth AEing at there are plenty of other places to get exp. Especially in a place like PoI, there 1 AEing group is not enough people to force another pick to spawn. Without a few groups in there you will only ever have 1 pick.

Hell, if I am camping something on my level 50 and a level appropriate group moves into the area I will typically yield the camp to them. I don't expect others to do this, but it strikes me as the smarter move. The more full groups in a zone the more likely a new pick will open and there will be enough content for all of us.
    KimchiGoddess and RizLoaner like this.
  2. Healiez Augur

If only this happened....

Most of the time AE groups will be like we were here first hurhurhur and just pull through you wiping your group.

Good news though, this is still considered training and if you record them doing it they will get a suspension, have had success with it multiple times. You have to control your pulls, and if your "pull" trains someone then you are the guilty party. I also have zero remorse about doing this because if you cant pass on a handful of mobs because a group wants part of the zone then I have no sympathy for you.

Luckily except for chardok most of the popular AE zones have few camps worth doing.

You will get 90 different answers for this question if you ask 90 different people TBH.

When I AoE group I try to avoid groups that have moved into a camp, for 3 reasons.

1) Its the considerate thing to do
    2) IF your pull goes bad and they get video of you training them, even if it was an accident, you are in the wrong. YOU HAVE TO CONTROL YOUR PULLS!
    3) If one group moves in its no biggy, I lose out on a handful of mobs, which in the grand scheme of things isnt a big deal to me. The people it IS a big deal to is the krono farmers who sell plvl spots for X krono per Y hours and want to be considered the best for repeat buisiness. If multiple groups move in, AEing is no longer worth it and I move on and do something else OR pick over.

In zones like chardok I pretty much guarantee there will be people trying to AE group it very early in the expansion release. IMO this is a jerk** move because people will be wanting to farm epic pieces and drops there. These same people generally dont care if they pull through your group and wipe you out cause you got in their way. Just record and wait for the banhammer.

** one of the few words not auto removed for a person of ill repute
  3. Healiez Augur

Bah waited to long to edit again.

Chardok is really the only decent AE group spot until luclin, Problem is there are a lot of camps people want to do, and I would say over half the time AEing isnt worth it unless you plan to train them with your pulls and be a .

Luclin has Griegs, which is generally not worth cause of how popular it is, and you just cant find enough mobs. Then there is The Deep, which is generally just fine because the 2-3 camps worth doing there are out of the way and easily avoidable by the AE pullers. (I have done tons of pulls for deep AoE groups, its super easy to avoid groups if they arent posted up somewhere dumb). There is also fungus grove, which is by far the worst cause pulls are REALLY long and mobs are so spaced out, but still decent if you know what you are doing. Also generally there is ONE group in FG, and they are at the bugs camping lucid shards.

PoP brings innovation, and early on its fairly busy, simply do to people not having flags and needing a place to exp, but a few weeks in its uncommon that you arent the only group there. Problem with PoI is since its a big circle its almost impossible to AE pull if there is another group there without pulling through them.

ALSO most AE groups, especially the ones selling spots for plvl just run 2 AoErs and fill the rest in with the paying customers, leaving the rest of the team outside of the group. Just roll in with 3-4 wizards of your own and AE down their pull if they are truly being toxic. Generally I am not one for countering toxicity with toxicity, but it is really funny. This is 100% within the rules as there is no KSing. Occasionally they will get smart and after the pull is complete and you start trying to take it they just exodus out, but this still hurts their bottom line.