Fixed Internally Earning One's Place -- task in Stratos

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by birdsong_pawn, Jul 13, 2020.

1. birdsong_pawn Augur

It still seems to be impossible to get this quest, unless there is some trick that I don't know about. My faction is scowls with Servants of Esianti.
    Yinla likes this.
  2. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

It was a quest to help with faction but never really got fixed.

It is indented in /achievements so is not necessary to complete Mercenary of Stratos.
  3. birdsong_pawn Augur

Yes, it would be great if we could use it to help with faction.
  4. Absor Developer

This is only for those that are really in bad straights. You have to be "ready to attack" to get it.
  5. Riou EQResource

Think the issue is you can never have your faction be this bad with that specific NPC that gives the quest?

IIRC, it was changed during TBL beta to put all TBL quest NPCs on neutral factions or something, so if it is checking its own faction it never can be lowered that low?
  6. birdsong_pawn Augur

My faction was "scowls at you, ready to attack" with Servants of Esianti. The quest NPC cons indifferent regardless of other factions. I don't think it's possible to get this quest.
  7. Absor Developer

The NPC is not on the same faction that it checks for. He is neutral and is there to help you if you are aggro by the servants of Esianti. You can never be aggro to the quest giver, but that isn't what he looks for anyhow.
  8. Lianeb Augur

I don't know what it's checking but it's broken, and has been since the changes in Beta.
    I am willing to put some Platinum on it that the server logs probably show, no one has completed this quest, game wide. I swung every TBL faction to scowls and was never able to request it.
    Yinla, Riou and Nniki like this.
  9. Absor Developer

Well then, let's talk specifics. Exactly where does it fail? What are you saying to who when it stops working? This is one of those cases where it "works on my machine".
    Yinla likes this.
  10. Absor Developer

Ah. Ngreth straightened me out. Faction math is not fun. I'm fixing it and making the faction requirement "Threateningly", which is probably what I wanted it to be in the first place.
    Yinla, minimind, Nennius and 3 others like this.
  11. Lianeb Augur

Thank you for taking a second look at this.
  12. Absor Developer

Yup, only took a second or two... /wink
    Yinla likes this.
  13. birdsong_pawn Augur

/bonk Absor -- Yes, thank you.