Rizlona - Mage Army at Hill Giants

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Torrok, Jul 28, 2020.

1. Torrok Journeyman

No chance this guy is legit playing for four days straight. He has about 30 mages that have been spread out throughout the zone 24/7 since Friday. This can't be good for the server economy to let this guy continue to cheat. I'm guessing he will be there milking the server for as much krono as he can get until kunark releases. This crap should result in a ban.
  2. lePER New Member

I've been watching this too, blatant afk play. Is it worth a /petition or would that just be shouting in the wind?

Edit: Petition submitted, for what its worth...
  3. KermittheFroglok Augur

Just submit tickets with videos/screenshots and tell your peers to do likewise.
  4. RizLoaner Elder

How is the bad for the server economy? The more plat that's around the more I can sell all my items for and I can flip my 500p krono for 20-30k in a few weeks.
  5. Pumpernickel Lorekeeper

I get confused by some of these Rizlona posts. As far as I can tell Rizlona is just a Mangler clone without truebox but the community seems to treat it like "no man's land" paradise where anything goes (which is cool for people who want to play that way) but then when someone does it harder or does it better they want to enforce rules.
  6. Thewiz Augur

The problem is that he appears to be afk. Which is a no-no.
  7. RizLoaner Elder

Anyone with a box crew isn't going to the Hill Giants in Rathe to make plat, you can make a lot more plat in a lot of other zones if you're boxing 3 or more. When the afk crew isn't there the zones pretty much empty outside people trying to farm the drake named.
  8. Bullsnooze Augur

The OP is not talking about a 'box crew'. They are talking about someone likely automating (botting) their gameplay and that is the issue here. Keep in mind that boxing and botting are not synonymous. The terms are misconstrued in every single post by at least one person.
  9. Auesheet Lorekeeper

There's a new thread about Rizlona everyday. Petition and move on.
  10. bird. New Member

There is someone doing the same with two full groups on the Cyclops island in OOT. The bard he runs has an automated path and everything is scripted.
  11. jeskola pheerie

I know, ever since they opened up transfers from Aradune
    Tweakfour17 and Gnothappening like this.
  12. RizLoaner Elder

His script is so poor you can just set up nearby and have his bard pull for your group ;)
  13. haaaalp Augur

Thanks forum police. Tomorrow I'll start one just to annoy you.
  14. bird. New Member

Hah, yeah. I think when I got there with my brother, we were a bit too high level for it to worthwhile experience.

I had a little bit of fun training some cyclops through their camp and dragging the whole mini box army into the water though.
  15. Auesheet Lorekeeper

I'll be waiting! ;)
    Pumpernickel likes this.
  16. HoodenShuklak Augur

The only thing that has changed is the influx of players with different expectations.

Rizlona was lowkey because blatant afk players don't want to call out other blatant afk players.

What's the price of krono on the truebox vs pro box tlp out of curiosity?
  17. Rizlowned Lorekeeper

despite the mages being fully automated (he plays from the enchanter) i can also tell you with certainty he is at keyboard while he is logged on. he plays about 8 hours a day during american hours, sometimes during office hours, sometimes during prime time. i've never seen him on for a full 24 hour cycle like you claim. not even close. at first i believed it was stupid and cried "INJUSTICE!", but then a bunch of lower levels started popping up around the hill like zits to pull giants. and they like him, you know why? because he kills all the trash. i also run around and dps race him since his mage pets all go to the same target, u can snipe giants quite easily with the right dps. and guess what? he watches what i'm doing and doesn't care.
    literally no-one raises a stink about this guy IN GAME. if he doesn't flood the economy with plat, someone else will. at least this guy isn't a clown.
    RizLoaner likes this.
  18. Ghubuk Augur

chuckle....Rizloaner likes Rizloaned post.
    Jhenna_BB likes this.
  19. KimchiGoddess Augur

I was curious so I jumped on Aradune and asked in general chat. Answer was that people are buying them for 4k and trying to sell them for 4.3k. So I would say that they're going for about half of what they are on Rizlona. I've seen them for 7-8k there over the past week, seems to differ in price depending on the time of day.

That being said, I feel that gear is a lot cheaper on Rizlona overall - likely because it's easier for a player to go and get it themselves. Of course this is just anecdotal evidence from my experiences/memories of previous TLPs. Aradune is probably a bit of a different beast economy wise as well, in that I imagine the majority of the player base sticks to the 2 accounts per person rule and it's a smaller but obvious percentage flouting the rules.
  20. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

I'm actually mildly impressed with the precision people camp that plateau area. All the Mages set their pets in a pattern that just obliterates the PHers and Giants as they pop. It makes getting Hasten a bit on the annoying side, for sure - but the knowledge of spawn points is pretty impressive. They set up in this V pattern and nothing gets by. I have to hand it to these nerds. Ban their butts, though lol :)