Guy 54 boxing on Mangler selling raid loot openly, isnt this a truebox server?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by GeneticsBoss, Jul 26, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GetOffMyUrchin New Member

I can't tell if you're intentionally trolling, or just ESL. If it's the latter, I apologize for not being more clear.

You asked
    I responded with a specific example of how his cheating has had an effect on other players.
  2. GNOME_POWER Augur

You need a petition.
    Making noise without evidence makes your position worse.
    To me it looks like you are resentful of your rivals.
  3. RizLoaner Elder

If you want a gnome mask just get one in Brells Temple, the dwarf mask is far superiour anyways. Ancients > Warders any day of the week.
  4. PeterPansicle Journeyman

One guy 54 boxing on Mangler is kind of ridiculous and even as someone said it might be 3 guys that's still 18 per person and I highly doubt they each have 18 computers running the game. That's some real shady stuff going on.
  5. Gnothappening Augur

I think they did let you know how, they made Aradune. Where people still cry daily but at least some random people who probably aren't doing anything wrong mange to get banned.
  6. jeskola pheerie

Less time on forums, more time compiling video/screenshot evidence of any wrongdoing and submitting multiple petitions with those files. If there is no direct evidence of a rules violation, they won't act or investigate further.

If you expect big boxers to be banned based solely on breaking "the spirit of the Truebox ruleset" then you need to change your expectations.
    KimchiGoddess likes this.
  7. GeneticsBoss New Member

You want video evidence of a guy inside a raid instance? Lol.

"Spirit of a truebox server" ? These are hard fast rules stated by DBG themselves not some made up community guideline. Truebox rules are no more than 2 characters per person. Very clear he is violating them severely.
  8. Barton The Mischievous

That rule is only for Aradune not other servers EDIT: Unless they add other servers with that rule in the future or alter the rules of other current servers which I personally find highly unlikely
  9. GeneticsBoss New Member

My bad updated to clarify - only 1 toon per computer for Mangler. Definitely violating rules as we noted earlier - no way he is manually running 54 computers. Here is from the FAQ:

Mangler is a “True Box Server” like Coirnav. On a True Box Server, each player will only be able to play on one EverQuest account from each one of their computers.
  10. Barton The Mischievous

Exactly they can play one account for each computer with the only limit being the number of computers and paid accounts. Mangler does not have a 2 account limit per person like Aradune. I would guess that one person having 54 computers is unlikely but not impossible.
    3 with 18 more likely, but back in the day people thought there was no way people like Sam existed till he posted pics
  11. Tweakfour17 Augur

Shady? sure. But also impressive from a technical standpoint imo. Someone earlier in this thread said its not impressive and people aren't that dumb but I've seen guilds fold on recent TLPs because they couldn't clear Time and/or GoD raids and this guy is (allegedly) doing it solo. And then turning around and selling all the gear (which I guess proves some point that gear is meaningless, if he's selling all the raid loot from GoD week 1 and he just came out of selling all the Time loot for the last few months, how geared can his toons be?). Who knows, maybe programming 54 toons to behave properly for each event is actually easier than trying to cobble 30-54 real people 1-2 boxing and make them pay attention.
  12. jeskola pheerie

No, DBG does, it's their reporting and petitioning system. If it is impossible to petition someone for behavior inside their private instance, maybe DBG wants it that way...
  13. Xeris Augur

I don't know what to tell you but you highly overrate the ability of people to play EQ. Most people are super casual and are awful at EQ. Just try playing in pugs... So ya, someone who has the ability to automate 54 characters better than an actual guild IS impressive.

If you think anyone can do it you're lying to yourself and others. I was playing on Mangler in BT during Kunark/Velious and this guy was winning OW DPS races against actual guilds of real people. Think how bad you have to be at the game when 1 person running scripts can outplay like 60 real human beings working together. So ya def respect the person doing this. Do I think DBG should but a stop to it? Sure. Do I think it's good for the health of the server? No. But I def respect whoever is doing it, and recognize that it takes real skill to make it happen
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  14. Captain Video Augur

We're at the point where machine-learning software can generate comprehensive scripts for EQ bots just by watching videos of human-executed raids as training. Someone would have to be putting up the money for this as a research project of some kind, but I have a much easier time believing something like this is going on in the background, vs. 1 expert player hand-coding scripts for 54 separate toons by himself. If my assumption is correct, I would just consider it very high-tech cheating. Would DPG ban it? Not if it's in an instance and someone is paying for 54 accounts and showing evidence of 54 computers to run them.
  15. Rizlowned Lorekeeper

this guy is ahead of your guild in raid targets? well, that explains why he is in business.
  16. pinco Lorekeeper

i have a good laugh when i do cc and no one answers i move into a camp and 50% of the time the group there will disapear,rmt make the game more expensive for everyone else.
  17. pinco Lorekeeper

these his the question if you 64 box on magler using an exploit which his the only way to do it you put all the people who follow the rules at a disadvantage,what i like about rizlona his i raid with my main in an awsome guild and made another tank so 11 of my characters can pop different aoc every week,i cant kill the raid nameds but everything else his easy.
  18. GetOffMyUrchin New Member

You mean in Underfoot, the expansion that unlocks in March 2022 - over a year and a half after Velious? You're right, that totally doesn't impact anyone else.

I'm not sure why you've taken this indefensible position. Are you practicing for debate team? There's a person violating the rules. Your argument that it's ok because it doesn't impact other people is invalid, because it demonstrably has impacted other people.
  19. RizLoaner Elder

So your want for a gnome mask outweighs someone else who wants a dwarf mask? Not killing the last warder is a classic example of what I want is more important than what you want, which in this day and age is rampant in the entitled eq TLP playerbase.
  20. Accipiter Old Timer

Machine learning is amazing and, ultimately, how the world will end for humans. But I digress... Is there readily available machine learning software that can be applied to EQ? I doubt it but I'd be happy to be proven wrong.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.