Guy 54 boxing on Mangler selling raid loot openly, isnt this a truebox server?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by GeneticsBoss, Jul 26, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RizLoaner Elder

How does this have an effect on anyone gameplay? Some guy doing instances is ruining your day? Might be time to find a new hobby.
  2. GeneticsBoss New Member

Rules exist for a reason - why should he be allowed to break them? You asked what is he hurting? It diminishes the point of raiding / playing. If I can just buy all raid loot, should I even waste my time raiding? Should I even keep my sub going? It makes the game lose appeal and value to many players.

This is why truebox servers are very popular, and people like this who break the rules hurt the experience for all players. He should not be allowed to box 54 on a truebox server. DPG please enforce your rules or provide the community a mechanism that actually works (petition and report do not work).
  3. GetOffMyUrchin New Member

He woke the sleeper, despite all the raiding guilds on the server cooperating to avoid doing just that. Then proudly changed his "guild" name to <We Woke the Sleeper>.
  4. Auesheet Lorekeeper

Most people raid because they enjoy the raiding aspect of EQ and find enjoyment in that. Just because someone sells raid gear doesn't mean raiding has to have any less value to you. If raiding is only about gear for you then sure why raid when you could just pay for it. However, that could be said about everything in the game. Why group when you can just buy exp, why camp items when you could just buy them?
  5. Aneuren Tempered Steel

Moreover, why should I have to schlep three PCs out to box my small team when failed Truebox is literally making this guy a profit?

I had to change the entire way I have played EQ for ~ a decade so this guy could sell Darkblades for 25 krono a shot?
    KimchiGoddess likes this.
  6. KnightofTruth Journeyman

I feel sorry for anyone that buys from him. he shouldn't be allowed to do what he does, and i think we all know who it is.
  7. KnightofTruth Journeyman

Keep telling yourself that. These days, 21 years into the game, most people aren't stupid like you imply. You probably think the guy that farms Sirens Grotto in 4 picks is "Highly Skilled" and "Worked hard to get where he is at" on Mangler.

Mangler is dying, and if you buy loot from this guy you are supporting literal trash.

I know this game inside and out Xeris, unlike many, I can speak on these things. Only hoping that the company that runs this game will stop letting bottomfeeding degenerates continue to cash in.
  8. Kiaro Augur

They're farming instanced content to get kronos, content that literally everyone has access to, and his instance has no impact on any instance your guild might do. So, best solution is below.

He only sells through the 1 character (Mr.T) Put it on ignore - your immersion is saved!!!
  9. KnightofTruth Journeyman

LOL. This attitude is why the game is dog crap now. Just because a few people are blatantly cheating, we should allow it. Nah bro, if they can do something that is 100% game breaking it should be shut down. Obviously the company is profiting.
  10. GeneticsBoss New Member

People enjoy raiding for a variety of reasons - but a big one is loot. Why do you think DKP and loot distribution are of such a big focus? People want gear. They want to feel powerful. They want to be stronger than others and have badges of accomplishments from their raiding work.

Raid gear value is derived by its rarity and achievement to earn in general. If more people have it through illegitimate means, it reduces the value and reduces the fun in raiding. Selling instanced raid loot floods the world and reduces the value overall and diminishes legit raiders experience.

This is bad for the server and this is not what DPG sold when this server was created. Why can't they fulfill on their promise? Enforce the rules as stated.
    Corinthus likes this.
  11. RizLoaner Elder

So the guy kills a warder an you get all upset? I don't see the issue with someone killing a raid mob that people leave alive.
  12. Gnothappening Augur

Going to have to disagree. If you don't think most people are as stupid as he describes, then you haven't done enough pickup groups. I have been in plenty of groups where I would have gladly taken an afk bot over two of the other people, especially if they are in the tank/healer/puller/CC role. Sometimes it seems like only the DPS is awake. Then again, it might just be that there are three or more dps and at least one of them is awake. My low tolerance for dumb, combined with my hatred of wasting play time are what pushed me to box originally.
  13. Gnothappening Augur

Going by your logic, they should just remove instanced raids completely. I mean if "Raid gear value is derived by its rarity and achievement to earn in general." Then think how great it would be if there were ONLY open world targets? Think how great the few hardcore raiders would feel knowing they had the only _______ item in the game.

Me personally, I would like a non-instanced TLP at least once more. Thing is, most people wouldn't because they do want to be able to get gear. This guy selling raid loot sucks for some people, but obviously not others if he is able to support 54 accounts. Not only that, how is him doing this any different from the other guilds selling raid loot?

If dude is afk farming stuff, I'm with you on the ban. If dude is training people or moving in with his 54 boxes and taking your camp, I'll support you as well. If dude is farming open world raid mobs by training other guilds or somehow abusing the game mechanics, again, I'm with you on a ban. If dude is off in an instance selling raid loot, meh. Don't buy it and I can assure you he will stop.
  14. Jaime Lannister Augur

While I agree that truebox rules should be adhered to on a truebox server, your post is making me laugh so hard.

The enjoyable part about getting raid loot is the artificial status it gives you over those who don't have it? LMAO! Imagine playing 15+ year old content for "status" over other people playing the same 15+ year old content.

The point of gear and raid loot is how much more powerful it makes you / how much easier content becomes once you get it. The best part is going to a camp that used to be hard, and seeing how much easier it is now with raid loot.

Some guy with money buying the gear you "got legitimately" shouldn't take away from that. At all.
  15. RizLoaner Elder

So because someone else has raid gear it diminishes yours? With this logic the more guilds on the server the more worthless raid gear is. There's no real accomplishment in beating 20 year old content that's been beaten so much most people could do it all with their eyes closed. If players stopped worrying about what random player 01 does with their krono and focused on their own game things might be a bit more enjoyable. Kudos to that guy and his 54 person raid on being strong enough to sell raid gear and nice enough to offer it to the general public for krono. Servers need more people farming instances like that so folks can get a taste of raid gear without having to put up with 40-70% leechers and 20% complainers and the 100% painful voice chat servers. This guy sounds like he's doing a service that more people need to provide. I'm sure there's lots of people that would pay krono for raid gear rather than having to listen to a bunch of ignorants in a discord server for hours on end each night.
  16. GeneticsBoss New Member

People using bought loot in isolation on their own is fine. The issue is when it messes up guild progression. Seeing someone showup to your guild progression raid with loot ahead of where your guild is at dilutes the fun of the raid. Everything is on easy mode because they're more geared than they should be. This is happening in nearly every guild - they make jokes about seeing people in gear that isn't on the DKP log yet is from a raid. How did they get that? They bought it and it is making raid content not as fun.
  17. RizLoaner Elder

I hate to break it to you but at this point every raid in EQ sans a very minute few are a joke no matter your gear level. The first challenging raid in EQ is Vyskudra, if you're in any sort of content before that it's an absolute joke. The known strats for every mob in game and the detailed step by step walkthroughs take a lot more fun out of raiding than some guy in gear he bought off a raid farmer. If you're raiding for any other reason than having fun with your guildies then maybe it's time to rethink EQ at this point.
    Genoane likes this.
  18. Auesheet Lorekeeper

I'll let you in on a little secret - Everything ( besides a few events in here and there in expansions ) are easy mode.

The raids are not easy mode because someone has +150 hp on a slot of gear that they shouldn't have yet. The raids are easy mode because the strats are available to everyone and for most it is not their first time doing the content.

I don't disagree with you in that 54 boxing on a truebox server isn't okay, I just disagree with your logic behind it.
  19. jeskola pheerie

He is supposed to be nodding in approval at my resume hehe
    Buster_Shruggs likes this.
  20. GeneticsBoss New Member

It seems everyone agrees 54 boxing on a truebox server is not okay. There are all different reasons and perspectives on what is okay, and what is not, but we're all in agreement this is not okay on a truebox server.

DPG - please address this or let us know how we can help you better police truebox server. Thanks.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.