Rizlona Rudeness

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Kahna, Jul 27, 2020.

1. Kahna Augur

I kept hearing on the forums about how awesome the Rizlona community was, how friendly and helpful. It being the end of expansion lull on Aradune I decided to head on over to Riz and spin up a little group of my own to kill time.

I get that eq is eq and eq players are the same on every server, this is not my first TLP rodeo and I know how they work, but I've been a bit shocked by the level of rudeness on Riz. I generally keep to myself, and I am a non-confrontational player. If someone else is already in an area I find somewhere else to go, if someone moves in it's usually easier for me to just move along. I do my best not to antagonize others. Just so you know a little about my playstyle.

I have literally had 2 positive interactions on Rizlona in the past 2 weeks. 1 person rezzed me after poor life choices were made, and 1 person handed my bard a few pieces of random loot in Unrest.

Every other interaction I have had with someone has been rude. I've had people plop themselves in my camp and let me know it was theirs now. I had a level 50 mage show up at my unrest camp and inform me he was there for the hunter achievement and would be killing the names, he then proceeded to kill the PHs (and everything else) too because I wasn't getting to them fast enough for his taste, which left me with nothing to kill. I've been trained for the crime of thinking a camp with all the mobs up in it was open. I even helped someone avoid a total wipe, getting my healer killed in the process and got chewed out for not helping them sooner, because apparently I "wanted to steal their camp". I rezzed them and picked somewhere else.

In all of these instances, and the others I didn't mention, I didn't engage, I just moved on and found something else to do, but it has really made me want to avoid everyone. I see another group and I am instantly on my guard, because it's more likely they are hostile than friendly. Where are all these friendly people you guys said play on here? Are they all taking the end of expansion raid logging break?
    Protocol and Ulain like this.
  2. Healiez Augur

Am currently leveling my third set of boxes for my team, and have yet to see anything that resembles what you are talking about.

Maybe its just bad luck on your end, maybe we arent getting the whole story, maybe I have just had really good luck
  3. Lumiens Augur

I've been leveling characters on Rizlona now for almost two weeks and I've had nothing but positive experiences so far. I avoid Unrest like it's the Corona Virus though and never set foot in the place so maybe that's why.
    jeskola, KimchiGoddess and RizLoaner like this.
  4. RizLoaner Elder

Another "I go to the most populated zones in classic EQ and for some reason there's other people there" story. It's nice when there's not much left to do the boards come through with the same entertaining posts.
    Thewiz likes this.
  5. Genjo Lorekeeper

My experience on Rizlona:
    • Free gear from no drops, when the boxed group can loot anymore no drop
    • Free SSOY when I posted looking for a magical weapon
    • Boxed group helped me get a monk camp in SOL B when I couldnt do it alone, they asked hey need some help and then helped me kill it without taking exp or the drop
    • Found a great guild, with multiple single players, some dual and couple 6 boxers - having a blast and have killed bunch of mobs in fear, sky and hate
    • Never been LFG for longer than a few minutes, many time someone boxing a character moves guy out of grouyp and put me in exp and the charcater helped dps out of group
    • Pleasant friendly people
    • Twice had someone give up a camp beacuse me and 4 friends cam and wanted a chance at a fbss
    I think the dis-information going on about Rizlona is very lame. You should be supporting a server like this, since it concentrates all the boxers. It likley has less boxing go on other servers.
    I know you dont like the arguement, but someone boxing 6 guys on Rizlona is paying x6 your single charcater. They are more likley devoted to the game and have a greater chance to spend more money on the game as I estimate as well.
    If you love EQ, you should want more money coming in for your game not less, find peace with boxers and stop trying to bully them.
    KimchiGoddess and Thewiz like this.
  6. KimchiGoddess Augur

Since the launch of the server I've had two negative experiences. I leveled my original toons to 50 and I'm working on some secondary ones now. One of those experiences was in UR and honestly that can be a toxic zone on every single TLP. The other was with someone playing an SK and 5 mages. I've even held camps like ghoul lord and frenzy, had picks close down and other groups show up and they all respected the camp.

I've been tradeskilling and see someone get wiped out by a guard trying to do enchantery stuff in Neriak and I've moved and ressed them safely because I saw the kill message. A lot of us will do drive-by buffs on lower level toons. I zone my HIE ench into neriak and sit by the zoneline to enchant metal for my cleric to tradeskill. Every lowbie that zones in low health and hurting gets healed and buffed by my cleric while she stands there waiting for the enchanted metal.

There are going to be toxic players everywhere, every online game sadly, however that is not the majority of the players. Based on forum posts alone, Aradune sounds a lot more toxic than I've seen Rizlona being. I'm a broken record where this part comes in but I wanted to be on Aradune and I ended up on Rizlona. At this point I'd rather deal with someone having 18 mages while being able to get high value camps myself and not have to deal with 2 necros or mages in each pick at good camps and not having the chance to do it myself.

How much are GEBs on Aradune? They're around 1k on Rizlona!

edit: I stand corrected [IMG]
    Aneuren likes this.
  7. KimchiGoddess Augur

This so much, every single night I see people calling rots from fear and hate, I've only ever seen one guy trying to sell the loot rights. It's so refreshing to see people calling that stuff out so others can go take advantage.
  8. Bullsnooze Augur

The beaten path (Unrest, Guk, etc.) is usually where you will find the deplorable players. Its not to say that you can't find great players there as well, but more often than not there will be some sort of problem.

My advice would be to stay off the beaten path... If you're leveling in Unrest? Perhaps go over to Mistmoore Castle instead.
    jeskola likes this.
  9. Protagonist Tank

Person: "Interacting with other people on Riz has been a bad experience"
    Riz players "Duh. Don't interact with other people."
    Xyphen, Krezzy and Xhartor like this.
  10. RizLoaner Elder

More like
    Aradune player: Check out this story I made up about Rizlona because I can't get any worthwhile camps on my own server
    Riz players: lol
    Thewiz and jeskola like this.
  11. KimchiGoddess Augur

Except not.
  12. mark Augur

rizlona his not perfect but its the less toxic server i have ever played on apart from raiding the hole and lower guk his were i spend most of my time.
    KimchiGoddess and jeskola like this.
  13. Kahna Augur

Um, I am boxing 5. At no point did I say anything negative about boxers.

I don't know how much GEBs are on Aradune, I camped mine there with a couple friends the first week. I never had an issue camping any of the things I needed on Aradune, for my main or my alts but to be fair, other than GEBs I wasn't after anything highly contested.

As for me being an Aradune player who is telling tales about Rizlona because I can't get any camps. I already camped everything my Aradune character needs, and I was bored. So I rolled 5 toons on Riz to see what it is about. And I am enjoying boxing. I am finding that avoiding other players is the best option of happy, quiet, leveling. I just expected a friendlier bunch, after everything I read on here, mainly from you
    KimchiGoddess likes this.
  14. Excruciator_Test New Member

Server and player toxicity comes down to competition for resources. 6 boxers can get anything they want pretty easily. Single players cant so much. You get a group of 6 people who are all competing with each other and also with everyone else in the zone and limit the resources (loot,character progression etc...) between those 6 and then you have a situation that is a breeding ground for conflict. A 6 boxer could barely care less if you have their camp, they will just go camp something else that their crew needs or just farm plat. I can make almost 2k a day just off vendor trash in the hole. Its also easy for them to get places so moving camps is trivial however a normal player has issues doing so. A server populated with as many boxers as Rizlona has, is a server that has no need to be angry, hateful or toxic. If you ran into a bad situation its the exception not the norm. I still have yet to have someone train me, steal my camp, or even talk in a rude way to me. I have had many instances of generosity. Buffs, items, advice, kind words etc. . Rizlona is the most pleasant server I have ever played on, that even includes the test server where items and plat are nearly limitless and the people give you millions of plat and you can buy top of the line group gear for 1p each peice.
    Thewiz likes this.
  15. jeskola pheerie

Rizlona has toxic players like every server, but my experience so far has been filled with a lot more good people and a lot less toxic people on average compared to past servers ( and I am guessing compared to Aradune based on word of mouth).
    Aneuren likes this.
  16. KimchiGoddess Augur

Honestly I truly feel like we are a friendlier bunch and you've run into some bad apples. I get the whole avoiding other players thing because I try to do it myself but only in that I go to open camps etc. Most people I interact with that show up at my camps are positive interactions.

What level are your toons? I have my mains at 50 and I'd be happy to buff you up and help in any way that I can. My guys that I just started (not a full group) are like JUST started and sub level 10, otherwise I'd offer to group with you but being that you're in UR I assume you're ~20 now.

I'm happy you decided to try out Rizlona and it's nice to hear more positive Aradune experiences from you as well. I'd like to help make your stay here better if I can =)

edit: I also might have a few odds and ends that I can pass on to you gear wise, maybe not the best but random stuff nontheless. I can make a bit of wis and int jewelry and I can even run the moggok stein quest eaily enough for you if you have an int caster or two. Feel free to send me a PM on the forums here and I'll happily help you out as much as I can on Rizlona =D
    PeterPansicle likes this.
  17. Truetotheblue Augur

I'll +1 this and if you're in your mid 20s already let me know. I have a shaman at 28 I'm planning to get 33 tonight. If you're in that range let me know and I'll get you there too. If you get to 33 I'll even zip you up to 50 so you can prep for Kunark since I'm going to need to do it for my shaman anyways.
    PeterPansicle and KimchiGoddess like this.
  18. Genjo Lorekeeper

Oh the rudenesss... LOL

Count me in on the help if you need some, I can buff ya toons as well
    PeterPansicle likes this.
  19. PeterPansicle Journeyman

Mates, impressed at you all pulling together for OP. Take advantage man!
  20. Truetotheblue Augur

What I didn't mention though is they have to put up with my crappy jokes all night too. It's an unfortunate side effect of tagging along with my box crew.