overseer

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Myysterio, Jul 25, 2020.

1. Myysterio Lorekeeper

I have noticed that when you do certain quests, the lower level they are the better they are overall. For instance, low level overseer missions result in critical successes more often and (especially with Trade, Diplomacy, Exploration) you end up getting better rewards, such as 2 overseer collection fragments instead of just one. I am not certain if they provide better experience as I haven't used them for experience in several months, but I just wanted to point out the diminishing returns on getting better at overseer missions the more complicated and more likely to fail they get.
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Why is this a bug? Shouldn't things get harder as you go up in levels?
  3. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Imagine you kill a level 1 decaying skeleton in the newbie yard and it drops a cracked staff. Sure that makes sense.

Now imagine you defeat prenerf Triunity, Plane of War or Meeartas raids and the chests drop 6 cracked staffs. Well that doesn’t make sense, at a higher level these harder things should result in greater rewards.

That is the issue with Trade, Diplomacy and Exploration missions in Overseer.

A level 1 Common mission requires 2 Common agents, has low incapacitation chances and results in 1 Collectible fragment
    A level 5 Common mission requires 2-3 agents of Uncommon+ Tier, has high incapacitation and requires an additional 3-4 agents to reach a high success chance and results in 1 Overseer Fragment
    A level 5 Rare mission requires 3 agents of Rare-Elite Tier, has high incapacitation and requires an additional 3-4 agents of Uncommon+ tier to reach a high success chance and results in 1 Overseer Fragment

Comparing the risk vs reward across all of those, the rewards don’t make logical sense.

You should see an increased number of Collectible Fragments for higher level and rarer tasks. You currently only see 2 collectible fragments on Elite Level 5 missions, of which I’ve only seen once in a month of checking every cycle and when I saw it one of the 3 required elite agents was incapacitated.

So players who aren’t interested in currency are penalized for leveling up in these three mission types due to their requirements and chances of failure/incapacitation increasing while the rewards stay stagnant.
  4. Soulbanshee Augur

Not all fragments are 25%.
  5. Nniki Augur

With the April 15, 2020 update, it was changed so that you just get a fragment item (ID 133773). It requires four of them to make the dispenser; there's no variance there. Quests can reward multiple fragments though.
    The description of the Convert Four Fragments effect on the item states:
    When you click to convert four fragments into a dispenser, you get the message:
  6. OlavSkullcrusher Augur

I do use Overseer, and like aspects of it. I also generally like to give the devs and team credit for working to make a game that I like and am still willing to pay ~$40 a month to play for 3 accounts. But I have to say that while this particular issue isn't a bug, it is quite poor design.The risk vs. reward as you level through the types of quests and gain more agents is just not thought out well. The whole thing just seemed very rushed from the beginning. I don't have the latest expansion for EQ2, so I can't try it there. But I do wonder what the differences are and whether it works better in that game.
  7. Velisaris_MS Augur

Yes they are...it takes 4 fragments to make 1 dispenser.

I think you're confusing getting 1 fragment on a success vs. getting 2 fragments on a critical success.

Even on the Rare quests (you know, the ones where more than half your Uncommon+ agents get incapacitated for up to 72 f'ing hours), the most you can ever get is 2 fragments. Which is a reward WAY out of line for the difficulty.

At the very least, Rare quests should reward a full dispenser. Otherwise, there's ZERO benefit to leveling up those Overseer categories to produce harder quests. I still want the option to reset ALL the categories in Overseer to zero xp.