Who got an EQ Vinyl?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Fading Illusion, Jul 21, 2020.

1. Nniki Augur

That'd be cool. He has some online presence (Twitter and YouTube not very active; maybe LinkedIn?), so I'm sure he could eventually be reached.
  2. Fading Illusion Augur

I'll answer a few of the questions brought up.

I've reached out and attempted to contact Jay Barbeau many times, with no success. I was hoping to get him on this latest episode, but I never received any responses from the multitude of attempts to contact him. I'd LOVE to have him on the show.

I also was in contact with Laura Karpman (EverQuest II original composer). We had initially set up some time to chat, but could never make it work with our schedules. Perhaps in the future I can make that work. The EQ2 music is so amazing.

I still have many episodes planned, but as always, RL takes precedence for me and that's been very busy. So I apologize I can't get more episodes out more quickly.

I have a lot of good content remaining that hasn't been editted. Some good tidbits from the dev interviews when I visited Daybreak, and a few new interviews I've done through Zoom etc (an original member of the dev team, and a former artist).

There's so much more to come! So be patient!

Thank you all for the continued support!

And if there are any content providers that wish to assist with the show, I'd be happy to see what we can work on together!

Fading
  3. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I just received my vinyl in the mail. The company that pressed it is identified as "Pirates Press."

It looks like a California-based independent presser.

https://www.piratespress.com

I am now debating whether to open the shrink wrap.
    Nniki likes this.
  4. Pawtato Augur

I do like how they're venturing back out into the EQ merchandise space. I got the T-Shirt last year, and been stopped a couple times by some fellow EQ nerds.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  5. CyryllisFenninRo Lorekeeper

I received the nagafen version of the vinyl today, and its pretty good. Definitely a fair bit of surface noise on a few of the tracks, but im still happy with it. It looks beautiful for sure- I almost want to just frame it. I think the packaging could have been a bit better. I was surprised that they didn't put 2 thicker pieces of cardboard on either side of the jacket, but at least there was some bubble wrap.

Wish I got 2, one to play and this one to frame...not sure if my wife would appreciate it on the wall though lol
  6. Sikkun Augur

Normally I clean all my vinyl, even when it’s brand new has a decent amount of static and factory dirt on them. Pending how much you care, that would probably lower the surface noise down.
    Scornfire likes this.