ToFS 6th Floor Help

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Runcible, Jul 24, 2020.

1. Runcible Journeyman

Hi Everyone,

Hope you are staying safe and are well. Im working on obtaining all of the ToFS keys and have now arrived on floor 6. I've run into a couple of questions that I'm hoping others who have done this before me could shed some light on.

1. The guide I'm following says to kill the drolvarg guards until you get the death msg which will then spawn a restless shade near the throne. Floor 5 had uniquely named mobs to kill so I always knew which one to go after next, but floor 6 apparently just spawns extra mobs that are already on the floor. Can anyone tell me exactly where the shade spawns in the thrown room? The reason I ask is that there is a shade already up just left of the throne (when facing it) with others along the walls of the room. I don't want to spend time trying to spawn something that is already up.

2. After I kill the shade, my guide says that it will spawn a shadow beast necromancer on floor 6b. Supposedly there are always 5 up and when you kill the shade there will be a 6th one that appears. The question I have is that when I explore 6b there are only shades and guards up there, I don't see any necros. Does this mean none of the necros will spawn until the placeholder is killed or do shades = necros or have I totally missed something. When I go up there, there are two guards and a shade next to the mirror and then there are 7 shades and multiple guards around the room with no floor across from the mirror room. Just trying to figure out exactly where the key holder will spawn once it's triggered.

3. Not a 6th floor question, but once I finally make it to floor 7, how tough is the Ascendant Svartmaneif either moloimg a mage or playing with a mage/enchanter team? Just wondering if this is a fight I'll need to enlist help for.

Thanks much for your advice and information.

Dyspaire
  2. Soulbanshee Augur

6b is past the mirror you mention in 2. Floor has shadow beasts and bats.
  3. Syylke_EMarr Augur

Some answers:
    1. The shade for the key spawns directly next to the throne, in the middle of the room. It's the only one that spawns anywhere away from the walls in that room.

2. What is meant by "6b" is clicking the mirror on the 2nd floor of 6a. This does not require a key, it just teleports you to the second half of the 6th floor.

3. Svartmane isn't too tough. If you've been moloing everything else up to this point, you can probably handle him.
  4. Qbert Gallifreyan

Kill the shade that is already up in your description. It sounds like it is the one you need . . . best case you kill it and get the death message for the next trigger (win . . .you got to skip the random part) . . . worst case it isn't the one you need and then you just kill the dogs until you get the one you need.
  5. Nniki Augur

[IMG]
  6. Marton Augur

Be aware of other people - it's possible you kill the shade, your shadow beast necromancer with key spawns in 6b, but if someone is killing in that area, they may kill it and take the key.

Mage/enchanter duo can handle Swartmane with no problem.
  7. Runcible Journeyman

Thanks everyone for the help. Never even thought to click on the mirror to see if it took me to another area of 6. Really appreciate everyone's replies.