Request - More Bags that can only hold one specific item Type

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Mediik, Jul 18, 2020.

1. minimind The Village Idiot

I would pay for that feature on at least one of my accounts. Possibly all three.
  2. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

I just want bigger bags is there a limit to how big they can make a bag? 44 the highest right now right? i want more shared bank slots course that usually comes with a new expansion time to time.

Andarriel
  3. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

Thanks for the tasty morsel! My money is AFK camping the DB store, waiting....
  4. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

More specialized keyrings in general..especially one to hold KEYS!
    Seor likes this.
  5. Arwyn-RoV Augur

What you are really asking for is a revamp of the /key command to use the new more modern and visual format we have for Illusions, Mounts, etc. Theres a lot of inventory reduction and decluttering that could be done with this interface. Housing items, Tradeskill items, Quest items, the list is endless.
  6. Ngreth Thergn Developer

There is a limit. We have not reached it, but we are adding slowly to not reach the limit soon.
  7. Visitor Augur

Hmm, some interesting ideas, and i could definitely use more big bags, but, all I have to do is complete some Collections or Hunter. Fortunately for me, last year, made a mule account, to store collection items on separate mules, with one buffbot -(no sense in wasting an account) for Trades skill items at least one mule per trade, with 32 slot bags. Upgraded my master TS er last year with the 40slot bags from Marketplace, so common mats and tools are available. If you are serious, use largest bags, and set em, so needed and food etc are in top left, other stuff top right, and with one empty TS bag, and one big empty standard bag, everything drops in its place. My bottom bags are for always save TS, and other always available, items. Yes I would like food and drink main slots, and of course my bank could use 4 more slots (or more) eventually. Bigger trader bags, might be nice, my trader never has full bags, but, anything more then 12, maybe 14 slots defeats the point that while keeping players mostly pleased with EQ, the company has to make profit or we are all going to be finding other things to do.
  8. Froglok Augur

Having TS and Collect only bags just limits space in my opinion.

Not only are those bags generally smaller than available all / all bags, but they can only hold those certain items.

I'd rather have the bigger all / all that holds everything.

With the addition of the "Find" feature in the inventory window, sorting bags is not that big of a concern anymore. "Find" what you seek, and use the "grab" function to pull it right out on to your cursor... or pop open the bag where it is at.

/shrug

To me, there is a bigger and long, long overdue concern. If they add any specialized bags, I think the first ones they should focus on are 20-plus slot Trader Satchels.

Not only would they allow players to put more items up for sale, but a bigger variety of items. This also better serves buyers better since the chances they may find that obscure item or old-school TS item they are looking for is up for sale.

The Trader Satchels can be player made (crafted), in-game vendor sold (specialty coin or plat or loyalty) -- or even sold in the Marketplace. Put them in the Marketplace and they will sell for sure. Just add them! :)
    Andarriel and Ibadan Kun'Tirel like this.
  9. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

There any chance we will see bigger trader bags for the baz? been forever but when you start a trader it shows 200 slots kind of a big tease. Sell the bags on marketplace and make some nice $$$ just a thought.

Andarriel
  10. Mytoss Elder

How about depots for houses like you have in eq2?
    a tradeskill depot sure would be nice
    Zynt likes this.
  11. Vumad Cape Wearer

A lot of this can be improved upon greatly by eliminating bags (in some instances) and going to a menu-style bank.

What I mean is, all trade skill items can be dropped into a guild bank style management tool. I think ESO does something similar to this. I haven't subbed to ESO, but their sub included some sort of trade skill item management feature.

The housing and alts work around for storing these items are proof that the current practice is not reducing the load on the memory or the servers. The items still exist and take the memory, they are just in the places less convenient for the player.

Would it require any less memory if my TS items were in my TS management tool rather than on my L12 Pally with 32 - 40 (1280 items) slot TS bags full to the top? Or on my 1-per-expansion alts that hold all my excess collections?

Doing this for collectable and trade skill items would probably eliminate this problem completely. Beyond that, players need to hang old armor in their homes or maybe clean house.
    Andarriel likes this.
  12. Froglok Augur

This is all ready used, sort of... such as with Guild Bankers, the Bazaar, Plot Inventory and Vendors.

Expanding ones inventory space is a pursuit / reward and even tied to incentives and sales.
  13. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

When the bigger bags were first introduced the TS only Bags had more slots than the normal All/All bags. The biggest All/All bag available was 32 slots and the biggest TS bag was 40 slots. The specific type bags just stagnated and never saw an upgrade while the All/All bags have seen a steady increase every year.

If they decide to do new specific type bags I hope they are at least just as big or bigger than a general bag. That seemed to be the original trade off, more slots but restricted use.
    Andarriel likes this.
  14. Froglok Augur

True. The Collect Bag is still as big as any all / all bag (44), it's just overly restrictive for me.
  15. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

what how do those work ive never played eq2 im eq1 for life! is it eq2 or wow were you can put stuff up for sell and then go play with your char on same account? that would be nice sometimes for me its either sell or play xp hunters ect anyways back to the topic curious what they are or do.

Andarriel
  16. Evil.Iguana Elder

4,294,967,295 slot bags when?
  17. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

Looks like the 12th of Never
    Ngreth Thergn likes this.
  18. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

If your not willing to add anymore bags to the system, can we at least get the lore tag removed from Deep Caverns Collector's Case. With the number of collectables increasing every expansion it would be nice to have somewhere to keep them all and I for one do not trust putting them all on my housing plot, I'm still stuff missing from 2 - 3 years ago.
    dreadlord likes this.
  19. Ngreth Thergn Developer

The statement you quoted in no way says we're "not willing to add anymore bags to the system" Simply that there is a limit to how large bags can be, and we are not making HUGE jumps in bag size, but small increases.
    I.E. 44 slots is the current largest bag, next time we increase the size it would be 46 or 48 NOT 84 slots or some other large jump.
    AND the SLOW means, it may not increase each expansion.
    IblisTheMage and Nennius like this.
  20. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Nothing stops you from doing hunters and putting all those extra bags on an alt on the same account to store collections.

I'm able to store ALL expansion and temp contact collects on two alts, and both of them are packed full of 24-44 slot bags, which is enough to do it.

Don't forget that raid and group currency bags or mob dropped bags that are heirloom, you can put in the shared bank, and move to an alt, then buy/loot another.