Kronos farmers monopolizing camps on Aradune

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by ethyre, Jul 21, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CyryllisFenninRo Lorekeeper

To those who would argue that they are not bots, you obviously haven't spent any time observing their behavior. Without getting into too many specifics, there are things that simply cannot be done without "addons"

These characters ignore everything going on around them more often than not and will often be in game for way more hours than any human can play at a time. Sure, many of us have played for 20 hours in a session occasionally- but when the same group of necros is on for a week straight 24/7 that isn't right.

Try this: find these bots and CC a half dozen mobs directly on top of them and watch them not move or respond at all. They do absolutely nothing unless their ph or named spawns or they are being actively hit.

Then watch them cast, sit, stand at the exact same time...every time. Whether its 2 necros or 6 together. Watch them use stick instead of auto follow if you happen to aggravate them enough to actual control the characters.

Nobody is mad that necros are holding camps. They are pissed off that AFK box armies are monopolizing camps on a true box server with a 2 character limit
  2. RizLoaner Elder

So you want someone to violate the EULA to train the necro campers just to see what they do? Seems to me that breaking the rules because you suspect someone of “boxing” is a poor idea. I still don’t understand why people are so upset. You can dps race them and win the loot, it’s perfectly legal and shouldn’t be too tough to out dps a group with another group. The odd are more in your favor than they ever have been in the past. Daybreak will let you dps race and the winner will be figured out, the superior damage and superior group wins. I don’t see why there has to be a bunch of forum posts about people dying on the way to camps or not being able to win a dps race.

The Ruins of Old Panieel is able to be instanced with a group of 6. If you really can’t win a dps race open your weekly instance and dungeon crawl it, if you’re unable to do that then maybe you’re not fit to be in the zone in the first place.

At the end of the day all the complaints seem to come down to the same basic argument: I’m more important than the person camping X spot and it should be mine because I feel entitled to it. Blaming higher dps groups for being better seems a very poor argument when it’s completely within the rules to make high dps classes to dps race highly coveted spawns.
    code-zero likes this.
  3. Honkietonk Lorekeeper

And here we have shining examples of the mindless complacency that has resulted from this game's unmitigated decline. It's fine everyone, it's happened before, no need to put out the fire now, how much more damage can it do?

"Guys, just DPS race the bots!"
    "Guys, they're not botting anything important, so who cares!"

People like RizLoaner is why this game has basically dwindled down to bots, krono farmers, and the same one or two guilds that play every TLP until pop and then quit or jump ship to the next TLP that is, unsurprisingly, also almost dead before it reaches Kunark.
  4. Bullsnooze Augur

The thing is these cheaters watch the forum and are in this very thread. They aren't hard to spot as they are typically sympathizers or argumental negaters.

and the game doesn't need to be changed. Only subscription models for progression servers. Just tie credit cards to Progression. accounts and the problem would be solved.
  5. jeskola pheerie

Don't forget its twin, Combine
  6. code-zero Augur

No one sympathizes with botters and cheaters. However no one really sympathizes with whiners who believe in the golden age when they could have a pet guide come clear out a camp that they want on demand.
  7. Kittany Augur

We've had this conversation before on many occasions. And what I'm about to say about and to you seems to be the general perception that myself and a few others have about the things you are currently saying; As well as things you have said in the past on this very subject.

It seems you, as your own admission, are no sympathizer to the third party RMT, but you sure do play interception on their behalf a whole lot through the various posts you've made.

And that leads to the main reason I want to reply to you. The common response from many of those who seem to have a vested interest in keeping the third party RMT'ers around often enough use the phrase, "They've been here since the beginning".

This little phrase, even used by you (I believe) has bothered me greatly because any time this is brought up on the forums, that little phrase is always uttered by somebody who uses it as a golden child phrase to trump any and all dissension or complaint.

The best real world analogy I could come up with is gambling. (I would use another, but not sure if the subject matter would be acceptable on these boards without political fights breaking out, but the argument is still the same)

Simply stating that gambling has been around since nearly the beginning when there is a discussion about gambling addiction does nothing to address the issues about the gambling addiction, instead it is a misdirection tactic used in such a way to shut down the conversation. I'm sure you can see where I'm going with that I hope.

Also, pardon me if the post seems somewhat disjointed. It's been a long day at work and I wanted to play EQ, but I'm to tired to think. lol
    Duder likes this.
  8. HoodenShuklak Augur

but but but automated gameplay is good for the game so i dont have to kill snakes for egg!!!!
  9. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Literally the opposite of the truth. If you tried to do the same camp all the time and someone petitioned the GM would show up summon you to a cat room and tell you to and if you didn't then they would suspend your . First in force was only really thing for raid mobs. The rules for group/solo stuff was "share" and if you were a regular at a camp vs a first timer at a camp you can bet your the GM was gonna side with the first timer when it comes to "sharing."
  10. RizLoaner Elder

Not sure why you think TLP's are dead by Kunark, there's a massive amount of players on both TLP's two months into classic with very little to do. Not sure what planet you've been on since WoW launched and Uqua irrevocably damaged the future of EQ, but EQ is doing just fine for a game that's ~20 years old. Just because a few people have hurt feelings that their gear or dps isn't good enough to compete for end game camps doesn't mean TLP's are terrible.

It's always the same argument, I want things because I'm entitled to them for no reason other than the one in my head. None of these people are looking for the classic feel. I don't see these posters complaining about the map, no corpse runs, having a UI that's more than a single screen, having to open your spell book to med along with the myriad of other things that are actually the classic experience. Nobody's coming on here arguing about the dot revamp and how it effects them or how monk fist table revamp makes them the most op class in classic. Nobody's here complaining about how the AC changes make everything in the game a joke compared to "Classic".

There's a big reason that DEV's don't respond to these posts and it's because they aren't here to coddle the player base that has the ME ME ME attitude. Keep yelling into the void and blaming others though, thousands of other people are actually enjoying these TLP servers without having to whine about why they can't be in the best camps in the game with subpar gear or dps. Maybe instead of blaming others for their problems, players should look inside themselves and figure out what really matters, the game isn't here for everyone to be equal or for eq to be even easier than it is.

Seems like when people meet a struggle in game they don't do anything to overcome that issue, they just whine and complain because it makes them feel better.
  11. Bigstomp Augur

Sounds pretty simple to me. Stop paying kronos for items, and they won't be worth the krono farmers time.
    Kittany and tofu stir fry like this.
  12. Stune Augur

Its not going to change, until they make them no trade or 1 time trade, or remove them completely. Anyone disagreeing is just trying to protect the krono farming.
  13. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

"Just stop participating in the economy" KEKW
  14. RizLoaner Elder

Not sure what people are going to think if they do anything to the way Krono are used (they wont). So people are just going to stop farming krono and start farming plat, it's the same thing. People have always contested high plat spawns and drops from the beginning of EQ. The game is actually in a better spot now because you can DPS race those on contested spawns and the highest DPS wins. You couldn't do that before when plat farmers camped everything.

There will always be an outlet for RMT, through krono or another means. If you think DBG is dumb enough to stop selling krono to profit off the RMT market there's not really much that can y'all help at this point. RMT has been in the game since launch, DBG were actually smart enough to figure out a way to profit off that market while not killing the farming in game.

You're more than welcome to go get gear without spending krono, go to a camp, kill monsters and then do the most dps on the named spawn. It's not tough to understand.
  15. Honkietonk Lorekeeper

I'd like to know where the bar is for "Doing fine". Rizlona and Aradune combined are less active at this point than the deadest classic WoW server, and there's dozens of those. And hey, that game's fifteen years old. Nobody has hurt feelings because the necromancer bots took their camp. They have hurt feelings because this game isn't fun for them anymore.

The people who got into this game when it was new aren't in college anymore. They're around 40. They don't have time to do what they did in 1999. That's why they don't complain about the changes that make the game "classic". If they wanted that, there's a private server that can recreate it. People want to play TLPs because of their friends and guilds and just enjoy the game. A task that is increasingly difficult when people with your mentality try to stomp all over them every round because you never matured mentally past "overgrown manchild." I'd love to see the average players outdps necros between the broken tagging mechanics of DoTs and the fact that there's no gear in the game in classic that actually increases said dps. These necros are naked and it doesn't matter. I'm not sure why you think it does.

These players aren't entitled. They're not crying out for more for themselves. They're looking for an enjoyable playground and they're not getting one here anymore.
    Lejaun and Kittany like this.
  16. tofu stir fry Augur

Much like these players lives have changed since 1999 so has this game. If the playground isn't enjoyable theres always other options. I'm not saying they should quit but if theyre not having fun perhaps it's cause they dont realize theyre screaming at a wall. Walk away from said wall and try to find a new fun in norrath if the camps are taken there's at least a dozen other servers they can play on. If that doesn't work theres other options still. As previously mentioned RMT has been in this game since day one if these players from 1999 didnt realize it than that's their own fault. I too was bothered by the RMT players; but after realizing they've never gone away - (been here all along) - and shrugged them off the game is still as awesome as it was in 1999.

im just getting sick of the woe is me posts day in and day out ... if any previous posts on this subject changed anything you wouldnt be posting about this.
  17. Hdizzle Augur

This is a ridiculous thread. Aradune is a strictly enforced TRUE boxer server with gm presence.. duh...

teehee

sorry its hard not to reply to these but i'm in a mood today.
  18. Kittany Augur

All that, and you use the "It was here in the beginning" excuse. As I said in another post to Code-Zero, by you saying this, you completely miss the problem and and instead put the blame on others.

So, let me break down this little thing. Yes, Third Party RMT has been apart of every MMO since their inception. It is a beast that just cannot be killed. HOWEVER, the problem is, and the main difference between then and now, the Third Party RMT practices are so prolific and up front and center, our beloved game might as well be called Third Party RMTQuest nowadays.
  19. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Just make a lot more items no drop. If next to no gear can be traded a lot of the market will dry up. The harsh part is is makes it harder for folks to twink alts and also impedes those just selling an occasional item for in game currency.

Best RMTers can do then is sell stuff for game currency and convert it but they will have to sell loot rights actively no afk play.

Short of that I am not sure much can or will be done. I don't think DBG will commit the personpower to effectively police it.. short of making almost everything no drop the only other answers is live with it or move to a server where it isn't as prevalent.

But nothing wrong with complaining about it with no answer either. Sometimes its good to vent.
  20. KimchiGoddess Augur

They do this as well but you're right you have to be at the keyboard and attentive to sell loot rights ... however you could just have an audio trigger alert you when a named is being killed by your team or pops or whatever, not sure how that would be set up but I imagine it can be.

That kind of stuff is already being done as soon as loot starts going no drop. You see it all the time from at least Velious through PoP. Not sure about GoD so much but I only just got there on Mangler and play there once a week.

The automation does drop off around PoP but usually there's a new server for them to start it all over again.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.