Prathun has left EQ....No announcement?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Areosea, Jul 19, 2020.

1. Nadisia Augur

Rofl.
    It must be fun watching a DPG brainstorm :

DW: Ok Absor, what do you think about this ?
    Absor : Yes.
    DW : Yes what?
    Absor: Yes
    DW: ??
    Absor: ??

:p :D
  2. dreamweaver Community Manager

Don't laugh at my pain.
  3. Absor Developer

There is a simple solution to that, you know.
  4. dreamweaver Community Manager

Can't stop, won't stop.
  5. Nennius Curmudgeon

And this has been another heart stirring episode of...

/drum roll please

"AS THE CUBICLE TURNS"

Tune tomorrow when Ngreth discovers some long lost recipes in a book he was using to prop up his desk. Absor discovers even more uses for a hammer and Dreamweaver leads the team in a stirring rendition of "101 Bottles of Dwarven Made Ale on the Wall, and the Floor, and the Walls".

Dwarves are messy after all.
  6. Khat_Nip Meow

David Gilmour is Absor's doppelganger.
    feeltheburn likes this.
  7. Catashe Augur

First.. Absor gets sad??? Second, not all of us thinks Absor will leave... Personally I think you guys will have to lock the doors to keep him out.. Part of me think that man will either retire a EQ dev or die one.. whichever comes first
  8. Rila Journeyman

Like others have said, Thanks Prathun for all the hard work you have put into this game and I wish you the best of luck.

But also, thanks to all the people who have continued to stick around with Darkpaw / Daybreak / Sony / Verant... etc., and keep giving us more content year after year. When I saw the rumor that Absor was leaving along with Prathun, I had a brief glimpse into the future of EQ and it's wasn't pretty. I hope everyone on the EQ team will be here for years to come and I hope the Darkpaw suits are smart enough to compensate you all enough to keep you here also!
    Nennius, Grove and Skuz like this.
  9. Gidono https://everquest.allakhazam.com

[IMG]
    dreamweaver likes this.
  10. enclee Augur

aVeryLovingRobot had Elidroth on Twitch for an interview. It's pretty long, but there's some good talk about EQ, Brad, etc. Spoiler, but apparently Absor is one of the nicest people ever?

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/688421607?t=0h0m1s
    Gyurika Godofwar and CrazyLarth like this.
  11. jeskola pheerie

3 hours 27 min... cliffs notes plz
  12. Nennius Curmudgeon

I feel very ignorant tonight. Sleepy too. Who is the host interviewing Doug?
  13. Nadisia Augur

14. Xyphen Maximum Augur

His guest is a retired EQ dev that knew Brad McQuaid back in the day. It's an emotional rollercoaster of a stream as they reminisce on good times, then go into Brad and his personal struggles.

It's worth every minute.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  15. Nniki Augur

The interview ends about 1.5 hours in. The rest is gameplay.
  16. enclee Augur

17. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Watching it would seem the player was the one who tracked down the bug and Rashere was just told about it. But interesting as I knew somone who told me their account was temporarily banned because they were crashing the server. Not the same person as it was a surprise to them from what I recall but sounds like they were in the same situation.
  18. enclee Augur

Right, Rashere credits keeping an open communication channel to track down an obscure bug causing servers to crash. Good luck tracking that down though without the person speaking up that's one of those "not going home/sleep until its fixed issues."
  19. Nennius Curmudgeon

But I was asking who "aVeryLovingRobot" is. And yes, it is very worth watching.
  20. Xyphen Maximum Augur

Oh, he's also a retired EQ dev from around the Luclin era. I think his name is Shawn Lord:

https://twitter.com/shawnplord?lang=en