Question on Overseers

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by seaninsa, Jul 20, 2020.

1. seaninsa Journeyman

How does one get more Elite Uncommon questers in Overseer? It seems you need these type of characters in order to do a lot of the quests.
  2. Nniki Augur

The primary method for acquiring higher rarity agents is by running the conversion quests to upconvert your lower rarity agents. Some people convert everything up as high as possible once they have enough agents to fill quests, others convert only their duplicates across all tiers, and some convert all their commons and only duplicates in the other tiers; there are multiple ways to go about it.

Some recruitment quests reward higher rarity agents, so keep an eye out for those. Of course, you'll often need certain agents to properly fill the agent slots.

If you're willing to spend cash in the marketplace, uncommon agents are offered as bonuses in some of the packs, and there is also the Overseer Starter Bundle which offers the Elite Fippy Darkpaw agent.
    Zamiam and RPoo like this.
  3. Zamiam Augur

However, if you go for the Overseer starter bundle just beware the Elite Fippy agent is a one time account purchase so once you claim that Elite Fippy agent on whatever toon you CAN NOT get another Elite Fippy on that account ... even if you change servers/toons .. buyer beware :p
  4. Heajol Augur

I'm pretty the agents are the same across all toons on any server .. so if you buy the overseer pack that contains Fippy, you'll have Fippy across all toons on whichever server you claim him on, but not if you switch servers. Coin however I discovered doesn't transfer across toons.
  5. Zamiam Augur

correct on the server you claim him on you will have access to fippy on any toon on that server .. but if you switch servers and or play on multiple servers and buy another pack for a different server , but with same account you wont get the Fippy agent again
  6. Zuchero Journeyman

OK everyone hope you are all safe IRL !!!
    Id like to ask a question or 2 on overseer because its not working well recently.

At first i wasnt really interested, i used it to get my alt and new HC characters to 115. It was a great help and with a little pay to win attitude here and there i got there faster ..cause leveling aint my favorite thing in the game.
    Then i left it aside for about a month and then had the idea from a friend to get the collectibles of the past expacs which was a super idea. But recently nothing is working anymore in that line.

I guess it wasnt a good idea to do only collectibles quest for about 6 weeks or so.
    This said what is the path to get back on track?

Is there any kind of quest or exp i should target in overseer so i can do collect quests again?
    I checked my agents , none are broke in any way. I did few quest of recovering but it doesnt bring anything.
    I am asking in case anyone has a precise hint that can help or ill try every kind of tasks
    for a while and it should work again soon.
  7. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

The coin is Heirloom, you can remove it from the alt currency window and stick it in the Shared Bank to get it on another toon on the account.
    Heajol and Yinla like this.
  8. Velisaris_MS Augur

What exactly do you mean by "nothing is working anymore in that line"?
  9. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

It sounds like he lvled up the Collection type quests and now doesn't have high enough agents to start them anymore.

My suggestion is to work the Recruit quests every rotation and start converting doubles up to the higher agent types. Also, just run any quest type you can and hope for Crit Success, that will help build up your agent list as well. You can also buy agents off the vendor using the coin but they aren't cheap and probably not really worth getting them that way but it is an additional option.
  10. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Unless you're not into ornamentations (like me), so there's really nothing to spend the coin on, anyway.

I've used all my coin for new agents.
  11. Stephen51 Augur

Sorry for the slight de-rail but I am being offered an Elite Recovery task (Banished) and they are asking for a level 3 soldier that is Clockwork, Warrior, Monstrous. I thought I had all types of agents, can any one identify it from the description?
  12. Conq Augur

Steamwork Shock Trooper
  13. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

That one is only Soldier 2, so you can't use him in that slot.

I think the Elite Quests are requiring a higher tier than the the traits match up with. I've run into an Elite Task that is impossible to start let alone match the traits. It required 3 Skill 5 agents of the same type when there are only 2 agents with that lvl skill. Can't even start it without a 3rd agent that doesn't exist let alone match the traits it lists.
    Yinla likes this.
  14. Stephen51 Augur

So it's possible this is a bug? Can someone confirm for me (again, I'm sorry) how many agents per tier there are and I will check again that I have them all. I know there are 12 + Fippy Rare agents. Once I check I have all possible agents, I can bug report it.
  15. Heajol Augur

Elite Iconic 13
    Rare Iconic 24
    Uncommon Iconic 36
    Uncommon 24
    Common 84
    Total 181
    Stephen51 likes this.
  16. Heajol Augur

The strategy that I've been using is one that may have been posted by someone on these forums .. I got the idea from someone .. is to keep 2 copies of all common agents (and possibly uncommon non iconic) and convert the rest. This has been working ok for me up until Level 3 across most quest lines. Now that I'm starting to move into Level 4 I wonder if I shouldn't have more of my agents converted. Any thoughts / comments / suggestions on that? Should I stay with my current strategy or do I need more higher level agents? On my main account I have 2 copies of all common agents except 1 and still missing 1 common.
  17. Fullwin Journeyman

Per others' listings, I believe there are a total of 13 Elites, 24 Rare, 36 Uncommon Iconic, 24 Uncommon Non-Iconic, and 84 Common.

EDIT: Heajol beat me to it... but there you go anyway. And to answer his question, I never keep more than 1 of each Common or the Uncommon Non-Iconic once I have enough to convert to the next level. Every once in a while a second copy could come in handy (and some are definitely used far more than others) but getting all the Rares/Elites is so much more important once you've levelled to 4 or 5.
    Stephen51 and Heajol like this.
  18. CrazyLarth Augur

https://everquest.allakhazam.com/wiki/EQ:Overseer#What_is_Overseer

Recruit , DB coin get more Agents, Look at quest rewards get Overseer Tetradrachms and buy
    Common Agent Catalyst

when you do quests do the once with High 90+ get crits
    Critical Success on a quest provides at least one additional common agent (random) in addition to the choice made.

I did not convert them my self for a long time but I started to have issues to getting quests I cannot do.

19. Stephen51 Augur

Thanks to all who replied with info on the agents. I've checked and I have them all, bug reported posted.