EULA Button

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Beggly, Jul 20, 2020.

1. Beggly Augur

I find it annoying to have to tap the EULA button every time I change characters or log in. Can we not limit it to once per play session? I know you want to be protected by the EULA, but I think each and every time that you change characters is a bit much.
    Is it possible we can change this? In 20 years of playing Everquest and other games in this franchise, I have never been tagged with a EULA violation. Not one. I'm not going to suddenly start doing it now. Sigh.
  2. Duder Augur

It's not that big of an inconvenience. You play on a server where you value the rules yes? That button bolsters their ease of enforcement. Embrace it.
  3. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

There is something wrong with your setup if you are getting it every time.

I only get it once per installation (when EQ first installed).

Either you have cookies blocked or your EQ folder (or parts of it) is set to Read Only.
  4. Zamiam Augur

ya I only have gotten it once maybe twice .. but once my account has signed in launchpad once then it remembers it I dont need to re-click that EULA button unless I do a fresh install or create a new account :p which I have a habit of doing on occasion :(
  5. Febb Augur

He's talking about the EULA acceptance right after you try to log in a character. You pick a character and hit log in, it pops up this EULA box and then you hit ok on that and then you have to hit log in again. I believe this is just for progression servers or particular progression servers.
  6. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Your right, its the last two TLP. Its not doing this on live servers. On live we have to click on advanced tools right after launch (where you go to do file verification) and down at the bottom is a link to EULA if we want to see it.

But it doesn't pop up for us on sign in with the patcher.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  7. Nadisia Augur

If you don't use the launcher.exe, but the eqgame.exe patchme method, you get the EULA screen every single time, before the login.
    Fanra likes this.
  8. Duder Augur

Yeah, the basis of my reply was on my presumption of him playing on TLP as well.
  9. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Then don't try and cheat it and use the patcher!
    All sorts of things don't work correctly if you try and skip it.

The only time I see the Eula is when they change it, or I set up a new account or my login information gets forgotten.
    Velisaris_MS and CatsPaws like this.
  10. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Ok Seber..
    Duder likes this.
  11. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Cheat what? If there hasn't been a patch since you last ran the patcher, you don't need to run.... the "patcher"

Nothing "don't work correctly" if you skip it.
    Zamiam and Duder like this.
  12. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

???????
  13. Triconix Augur

You get an EULA pop up every when logging into a character on Aradune (and possibly Rizlona?). It's not a big deal. Just an extra button to press.
  14. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

Let me click into the game and see where this EULA shows.. hmm.
    * I copied the game from one hard drive to another as that hard drive 'SSD' was getting full, then I made a short cut for Launchpad (as clicking EverQuest stated to run Launchpad.exe) to my desktop from that new SSD.

clicking now...
    Game opens, spinning icon center of page.. word EverQuest rounded across the top... waiting
    Latest news and option to PLAY window is now present... clicking play....
    Server select screen.. clicking play (remembering my server)....this is the Everquest process now started.
    Character Select opens.. (Launchpad process stops, Everquest process starts) ..
    Choosing character, clicking Enter World.

No EULA shown.

I have not purposely done this, it is what happens when I play. What am I doing wrong to 'skip the EULA?' no idea.

I have no idea what your talking about on seeing EULA when you try to play the game every time.

Note: Win 7.