Mangler: Just came back to the game as a paladin

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by ItzJusJonSkywalk, Jul 21, 2020.

1. ItzJusJonSkywalk New Member

So, I'm finally 65 with a good amount of AA's after having taken a break since velious. My gear was amazing during luclin, but now am finding myself getting trucked in GoD.

Any suggestions on getting updated on gear to handle some of the mobs?

Are LDoNs the only option I have? trying to farm up that many points for royal attendance plate seems pretty daunting
  2. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

You're kind of in the same awkward position I am, only with better gear.

Assuming you are in "amazing" Luclin gear, the only real upgrades you are gonna find are going to be from a guild doing elemental planes or better. There's a few decent pieces you can get from Ikkinz trials and from group named in Kod'Taz and Yxxta, but in order to get those you will probably have to get a better geared tank to carry you which kind of defeats the purpose. Prior to cultural gear, catching up a tank this late can be really difficult without basically getting carried into some amount of raid gear or spending ridiculous amounts of krono (mangler has a real whack economy).

And yeah, unless you want to run literally hundreds of LDoNs for a suit of their armor that's not really viable, also GL convincing people now that it's not current content. Farwater gear is an OK stepping stone to raid gear but is still probably not going to bridge the gap to allow you to not feel squishy to GoD content.
  3. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

You're going to need either Elemental Gears or LDoN gear which is the equivalent to elemental to even think about tackling GoD stuff - but that will need a LOT of LDoN to gear out.

I would give serious thought to joining a raid guild though as you will fare far better in the gear you will get there & it will be far faster to gear that way than doing the umpteen LDoN you would need.
  4. ItzJusJonSkywalk New Member

ah...just as i had expected.

as for gear it's late velious, not very much late luclin, so i'm wearing a statue bp, NToV gear
  5. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Realistically speaking at this point you just need someone to carry you. There is plenty of easy to obtain things to help you get up to speed if people really want to. Primals, EP minis, EP group named, P1 time and plenty of other stuff can easily be done with a group of less to help you get to the point where you can actually contribute. If you snag a decent guild come OoW the 2.0 chests will be filled with GoD quality raid gear that's just straight up rotting.
  6. neveroom Journeyman

i dont see any PU EP raids though ?
  7. KimchiGoddess Augur

8. Glororhan New Member

Yeah, I will second the suggestion that you should join a raiding guild even if you can only raid once or twice a week. At this point in Mangler, there are plenty of guilds openly recruiting to try to beat back the slow attrition most guilds are experiencing. They will be fine just having another main that can lay on hands and do even modest dps until you are geared up and can start helping out with offtanking and other paladin raid duties. And you'll find you are able to snag some obvious upgrades pretty cheap.
  9. jeskola pheerie

You said your gear was amazing during Luclin, and we all read it as "I have Luclin era raid gear"
  10. FranktheBank Augur

Join a raid guild. Know that you are going to be carried for a bit. Do your best to gear up and make friends.
  11. Kiaro Augur

Thats kind've how GoD is, I can go from soloing dark blues in PoP zones on my cleric with no problem (not fast, just, not dangerous) to getting chewed up by the frigging light blue mobs in Natimbi. My SK was tanking Paw at 60 without dropping my clerics mana a tiny bit, trying to farm stuff in Sewers instances (level 58 - 62 NPCs) he's getting blown up at 63.

So, as others have said - join a raiding guild, its basically your only real avenue, also, lean heavily on your stuns while tanking, a stunned mob does no damage.