Fight Fire TBL Chase Loot

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Heajol, Jul 13, 2020.

1. Heajol Augur

I know I'm in for a long grind but how long I don't know. I'm trying to plan boxing Fight Fire an average of 2x per day for what the next six months? We'll see ... I'd just like to get an idea of how rare the chase loot is in Fight Fire? I have done about 10 FFs now with no drops but I think that's to be expected. What's the "average" or is it completely "random"? How long have you gone without seeing a drop? Should I expect 1 in every 30 missions as a reasonable rate? 1 in 50 missions ? Etc.

Also what is the "loot lock out" as I just learned about this reading up on this as I'm now able to box this mission so can farm it with regularity in my play time now, and I very well could have been "loot locked out" every time I attempted this mission so far .. I have no clue other than it's a thing. I read that it shows up on Alt + Z but what do I look for to know whether I have this "loot lock out" thing or not?

Thanks for reading.
  2. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Because of OCD I kept notes on my runs. Took ~125 runs to outfit 4 main toons with their 4 drops and I ended up with 4 or 5 spares I gave to guildies. Had 2 drop from a single mission twice, and worst stretch without seeing a drop was around 25 runs.

GL comrade.
  3. Bigstomp Augur

I would say probably 1 in 10 drops an item.
    Of course that can still leave some long unlucky streams and some very lucky streaks.

Make sure you understand the requirements to evolve the items though.
    Collections
    Hunters (or was it progression? I can't remember)
    Planes of power progression
    Travellers

If you cannot evolve them past level 1 you are better off just grabbing some snowbound gear from the bazaar.
  4. Heajol Augur

Thanks. I'm already in full TOV T3 gear on my main (the tradeskill stuff) and working on bloodying the TOV ear. Other than augs, for gear, I think the chase loot is the best I can get at a group gear level? Plus I get to work on Type 5 augs at the same time. Other than ultra rares .. which I don't want to spend multi krono on. I'd rather spend that krono on collectibles and evolve the shoulders (?) plus get lots of AA.
  5. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

Boots = Explorer Achieves
    Shoulders = All Collections from TDS+
    Gloves = PoP, EoK, and RoS Hunter Achieves
    Ring = Champion of Eok and Champion of RoS Achieves (Progression)
    Yinla, Bigstomp and Annastasya like this.
  6. Annastasya Augur

1 in 10 sounds about right to me, maybe a slightly better rate. You will have streaks of good and streaks of bad. They are rare drops, but not soul crushingly rare. Any veteran of this game will know what the difference is ;)

For the Hands - you need Hunter of Empires of Kunark, Hunter of Ring of Scale, and Hunter of Planes of Power achievements.
    For the Boots - you will need All the Traveler's Achievements (Except ToV and maybe TBL?)
    For the Ring you will need all of the collector's Achievements for The Darkened Sea, Call of the Forsaken, The Burning Lands, Ring of Scale, Empires of Kunark, and The Broken Mirror) (did i miss any? i know you do NOT need Reign of Fear)
    For the shoulders - you need all the basic progression achievements for Ring of Scale, Empires of Kunark - (i believe that's the conquest tab for both in the achievements window)
    Endorek likes this.
  7. Karhar Dream Crusher

Ring is Progression eok/ros, shoulders is collections. but Correct.
    minimind likes this.
  8. Bigstomp Augur

Others may disagree but I agree with your idea. You'll outgrow the ultra rares faster than the collects and the assorted other rewards that come with them. (Like plenty of large bags)
  9. Cadira Augur

I like how the op asked nothing about what was required to evolve the items and you got like three people explaining that for no reason. And then half those people can't even get that information right.

I did plenty of ffs in my day, probably did 75 to 100 runs to get my 6 toons 3 or 4 of the items on each toon.
    Ssdar, Yinla and Sancus like this.
  10. Annastasya Augur

Thanks for the correction Kar :)
  11. svann Augur

Arent FF rares become obsolete in December?
  12. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

Max group evolved TBL items will be better than next expansion group gear. And then you add the augs.

And if they don't make better 18/19 proc augs, I will definitely keep wearing 1 or 2 of them as a raider (especially now that they consolidated focuses off shoulders and only need one ring for focus).

BTW, it took me ~55 missions until I saw my first drop solo (ironically, saw a drop on day 1 when my guild was rushing to do progression). After than, I think I probably saw about 1 in 8 on average.
    minimind and Heajol like this.
  13. Heajol Augur

If this is true then I guess I'll just do enough FFs to complete my six box set of Type 5s and then lower the priority in which I do them. Hopefully I'll at least get the shoulders from them before moving on!

14. Orbital101 Augur

If I remember correctly each of the 4 Efreeti lieutenants as 6% chance to drop any of the 4 chase loots.
  15. Kallel New Member

Assuming a 6% drop rate for each of the 4 mobs in the last wave, you would average 6 drops every 100 kills or 25 runs of the mission.

This would equate to an average drop rate of 1 item every 4 1/6 runs.
  16. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

I was going to say, hmm... I have a feeling these will be pointless soon.
  17. Heajol Augur

For groupers as well or just for raiders?

18. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

Just had a gut feeling, it won't be worth all the work for these FF loots.
  19. Xyphen Maximum Augur

It's fairly clear that DBG has no plans to deprecate the evolving items that quickly considering how many type 18/19s came with the earring quest. Stat-wise, let alone stackable +acc augs, procs and defensives, they are probably good for 1 more raid tier.

My bet is that they will remain relevant until the end of ToV 2.0.
  20. Endorek Lorekeeper

I don't know how something better than the top raid gear but available to a grouper would become obsolete with the next expansion. I could be wrong about them being better than the diamondized ore items, but they're better than the regular raid non vis and armor drops. If you're a grouper and have the FF items you'll use them probably for at least two expansions is my guess.