FoB classic Hunters? Where r they??????????

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Sheebea, Jul 20, 2020.

1. Sheebea Augur

I am getting a very bad attitude here. I've read the forums.Slaughtered the HS spots on the maps. Followed and mapped the trails of the said "placeholders". Just plain wiped complete areas ad nausium, WTF? Nothing. I've spent hours here. On 2x weekends and all. So what the hell am I not doing right? Only mob I suceeded on is the Queen. /agh!!!
  2. Funky Augur

good luck, FoB took me a week of slaughtering the zone a couple hours a day.

im still stuck with jaggedpine forest. CURSE YOU Jerg Oakenfist!!
  3. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Get luckier.
    Deux likes this.
  4. Jalelorf Augur

I completed these last week. I found that killing everything but the type of mob the named is causes the named to spawn.

Example: Carrion Queen
    I killed everything that moved in the pit except the carrion beetles. I know it sounds crazy and I killed everything for multiple hours. Once I left all the beetles up the darn thing spawned.
    Skuz, Andarriel, Deux and 1 other person like this.
  5. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Jerg wasnt to rare for me as i saw him three times (just dont kill mobs near were gt is suppose to spawn as i never saw jerg anywere near there usually around the big hill and that npc thats on the path)but goldentalon eluded me for some 3 months off and on. i ended up slaughtering that part of the zone that golden spawned and by the time i got him i had 1600 griffon meats lol. Havent done fob but oneday and i got nadda working on sk pita but taking a break and doing EoK hunter there rare but not as bad as sk.

Andarriel
  6. Sheebea Augur

Well, I took a break and went to Dragon Nec and got way lucky. I needed 6 mob. 4 were up and the 5th was next in line to spawn. It was the bat took me all day to spawn. Anyway, back to FoB. I finally got all but the scorpion as of yet. Now my most hated hunters zone is Kedge. 4 no-shows.
    Get lucky Bobbie? No wonder I fail there. Heh. Thanks to your post I have been successful in many other hunts. Dunedigger for example!!
  7. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

I've spent so many hours in FOB looking for the last 2 named a part of my soul has died. Will try Jaelorf's voodoo trick to see if that works next time I can throw up in my mouth a little and visit FOB again.
  8. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

You do that with just the queen or did it work with the other hunters too? ive tried that zone a few times and nadda. my ranger was just killing anything that moves.

Andarriel
  9. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

FOB mobs there just five they all equally hard or is there some easier than other's working on scaled prowler no luck at all so far. this zone bout as fun as sk.

Andarriel
  10. Tenina Lorekeeper

Carrion Queen has a respawn time of 1 minute 20 seconds. I just killed her on Rizlona and she immediately repopped again at 80 seconds exactly. Both pops were near the bones in the middle of the pit.
    Rondor likes this.