PVP Flag for killing guards.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Bullsnooze, Jul 18, 2020.

1. Bullsnooze Augur

I'm sick of my fellow Ogre's just doing their job being killed by random people looking to make a buck. Can we get players that are killing guards auto-flagged for PvP so that we can defend our cities?
    Maneuvre likes this.
  2. code-zero Augur

Hahahahahahahaha...no
  3. KermittheFroglok Augur

They’re mobs and the guards were always intended to be killable. The only exception being the newbie yard guards that have augmented stats to make killing them not worthwhile. Return the favor and invade Qeynos, storm High Keep, or attack a city like Felwithe if it bothers you that much? (Just watch what you’re killing so you don’t get cited for zone disruption, completely sacking a city on a TLP could get you in trouble.)
  4. Nennius Curmudgeon

Wouldn't a bounty on ogres be more beneficial?
  5. Numiko Augur

I remember back in 1999 a GM told me he thought it was ok to train guards on other KOS players .. he said he considered it the same as calling the cops! :eek:
  6. ayoforYayoh Augur

It's better when the servers are lagging because then people aren't trying so hard to come up with things to be upset about.
    KimchiGoddess likes this.
  7. code-zero Augur

Okay really, that's what they are there for. Run a low level ogre up to East Freeport and try strolling past the guards and see how welcoming they are.

I also would not take any advice given in 1999, the past is another country, they do things differently there
  8. Zorglub Journeyman

I totally support the OP, like in WoW any offence to guards should raise the pvp flag for at least 5 mn.
    It would reinforce the cohesion and faction awareness.
    Tiffany likes this.
  9. Corydon Augur

The idea per se is nice. But the pvp overall in this game is an unbalanced pile of crap. That's why it's not gonna happen. In theory o_O
  10. code-zero Augur

Such a mechanism in game would be exploited by people deliberately training guards specifically to allow them to grief other players. I suspect that’s the motivation for even suggesting such a thing.
  11. Karango New Member

This would be cool except you also need to be pvp flagged to attack people who are pvp flagged
  12. Bullsnooze Augur

The flag would only stick in the cities and drop upon zoning. This would only be city defense and Ogguk is always under-siege.
  13. Imukai Augur

They'll never let us defend our cities, that's just silly.

Just let each guard have a 25% chance of spawning a Guard Captain in its place immediately upon death. Level 200, deathtouches any hostile on the previous guard's hate list and remains up until the next server reboot to protect his other guards.
  14. Stune Augur

If that was the case, half the players would quit the game, because they suck at pvp
  15. code-zero Augur

How about anyone who camps bards for cheap XP gets flagged to allow bard charm to stick to them them so they can be pets?

BTW I love killing Ogre's and occasionally make a run through Feerrott and Ogguk just to mass slaughter the lot of them and get the message that my faction couldn't possibly get any worse :D
  16. TLPman Augur

wrong game kid go back to playing WoW classic
    code-zero likes this.
  17. ayoforYayoh Augur

A large portion of Everquests playerbase can't even handle being called boomer irl and you think they have the emotional capacity for PvP?
  18. TLPman Augur

ok boomer :)
    ayoforYayoh likes this.
  19. EchoFreya Lorekeeper

I never actually have seen anyone killing guards. Does that happen here? I thought it was kind of weird how rare this seems to be...
  20. Maneuvre Augur

EQ had PVP before WoW classic was even a thing ;)