Prathun has left EQ....No announcement?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Areosea, Jul 19, 2020.

1. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I am relieved to hear Absor is still on the team, grumpy old men are very much part of the fabric of this game and he is one of the best in my opinion.

Made me think of...

2. Zamiam Augur

in a roundabout way I think she already said .. The post is about Prathun and absor's name got mentioned she mentioned absor has not left and did not mention prathun hence correcting a rumor about absor but not prathun .. jmho .. I could be wrong but I'm probably right ..
    Skuz and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  3. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

Many EQ people have met up and married over the decades...I've often wondered if gaming together makes couples stay together or what their divorce rate is vs non-gaming couples.
  4. Zamiam Augur

my nephew met his wife on EQ ( although they play EQ2 now) however they have been married for 12 years? now and have 4 kids ..

whats funny is my brother started me on EQ back in 99 and his son (my nephew) started when he was really young .. my brother doesnt play anymore but his son(my nephew) and I do .. I even got my nephew to come back and play EQ for few months ..
    EQ has been around generations now and there are generations of family's playing it still to this day .. that is an EPIC game ..
  5. Parker Elder

Caught that as well but I was hoping with the confirmation we could possibly get some additional details, and maybe some insight into the direction they’re heading. Might give the impression they care about the player base and our feelings towards people that have been a big part of this community for a loooong time. It goes a long way when a company handles situations like these with not only a touch of professionalism but also a good chunk of care towards everyone involved.

For the record I don’t think they owe me a damned thing, but it’d be nice. So far they just denied Absor leaving....if they’re comfortable with that being the end representation of their obligation then that’s on them.
  6. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I suspect since he still seems to have forum access they are leaving it up to him to reveal what he wants to about his departure.
    Skuz and Parker like this.
  7. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

For privacy/HR/legal reasons, only thing the will/should say is that he is no longer with the company. Same policy at any company I've ever worked at.

Send a private pm, or follow him on Twitter. He might have things to say there at some point.

Safe travels Prathun, hope to enjoy your work again, in an MMO.
    IblisTheMage, Shindius, Yinla and 4 others like this.
  8. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I am sorry to hear this news.

Prathun has been immensely helpful and receptive.

I hope he can remain in a consulting (part time/contract) capacity if there is no conflict of interest.
    Shindius, Skuz and Parker like this.
  9. Nennius Curmudgeon

Good to hear. So, has Prathun left? Or, are the rumors of the fabled next step in human evolution true and he has instead evolved into a human/gaming cyborg? If he has evolved, did the seemingly superfluous pinky vanish in him? Is it true also that he has a gaming port integrated into his frontal cranial cortex? Inquiring minds want to know these things. :)

Seriously, if he has left I wish him well. Or if.../cue spooky X-Files music
    Buster_Shruggs likes this.
  10. dreamweaver Community Manager

It's definitely the first thing, could possibly be the second.
    Yinla, Skuz and Duder like this.
  11. Absor Developer

??
  12. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Unfortunately, today everyone is forced (if they want employment) in most companies to sign NDAs that prevent them from saying anything other than the bare facts of, "I no longer work there". These limits continue forever.

NDAs used to be rare and for trade secrets only but in the 21st century (well, also late 20th) they became widely used gag orders to prevent anyone from saying anything that the other party doesn't like. There is practically no limit to what you can be commanded to keep silent about.

So I doubt we will ever get any "true" story of what goes on at Daybreak/Darkpaw.
    Fenthen, Skuz and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  13. Ibadan Kun'Tirel Augur

Prathun, Thanks for everything!
    Skuz likes this.
  14. dreamweaver Community Manager

I'm mean to everyone, that's the true story.
    Fanra, Skuz, minimind and 1 other person like this.
  15. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Who's the new guy? Seems to be gettin er done! Rat Thor?
  16. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

In reference to:

I think you have an admirer!!
    Yinla and CatsPaws like this.
  17. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Prathun, if you're reading. You're a legend. Thanks for everything. Nobody answered obscure quest related forum questions at 3 AM quite like you did. Wish you the best.
  18. dreamweaver Community Manager

Qua?
  19. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

His name is red and appears he has solved some (3) issues internally already
    Ratalthor

Developer

20. dreamweaver Community Manager

Ooooh He is an Associate Producer...?... I should double check that title.
    Skuz likes this.